Yeah put if I have a problem then they will fix. Until then I got crap.
    hmmm... didn't actually think about it from that angle. They don't provide support for betas.

Careful though, (I see that you are new here), with asking VZW tech reps things. More often then not, you can find the answer here with alot less hassle.

If you need help with something do a search or just start a thread.

If someone yells at you for starting a thread on a topic that has already been covered, tell them to STFU. This is your place as much as it is theirs.
    02-19-09 10:49 AM
    way to get a new OS update...
    1. yell and complain about it till it comes out...prob not the best
    2. threaten to kill everyone to release it...a little scary and prob wont work
    3. stop checking CB until a friend tells you its out...good but wont work because we are addicts
    4. tell whoever release it that you will buy them a car...will work very fast but expensive
    5. grab a beer in one hand and the F5 in the other and keep checking...well that it what i am doing and it works well
    02-19-09 11:01 AM
    Enough. Keep it clean and end the flaming.
    02-19-09 11:10 AM
    3. stop checking CB until a friend tells you its out...good but wont work because we are addicts
    4. tell whoever release it that you will buy them a car...will work very fast but expensive
    5. grab a beer in one hand and the F5 in the other and keep checking...well that it what i am doing and it works well
    Was in step 1 from .83 to .90

Was in step 3 from .90 to .99 due to unfortunate conflicts that kept me off of CB

Have been in step 5 since .99 came out.

The .106 hybrid is the fashizzle.
    02-19-09 11:24 AM
    Enough. Keep it clean and end the flaming.
    Thanks Azeis.
    02-19-09 11:26 AM
    Was in step 1 from .83 to .90

Was in step 3 from .90 to .99 due to unfortunate conflicts that kept me off of CB

Have been in step 5 since .99 came out.

The .106 hybrid is the fashizzle.
    Thats a lot of beer then I make my own, so at least I can keep making it
    02-19-09 11:27 AM
    What happened to my post?
    @ Guinea, has the speed and stability improved since .103?
    02-19-09 12:08 PM
    On .103 now and haven't had time to upgrade to .106 Hybrid.
    02-19-09 12:08 PM
    I think it's amazing to see all of the leaks for the Bold, and zero love for us Storm users. I think some people have ruined it for us. Frustrating!

I think that shows us all the difference in demographic between Storm users and Bold users......
    02-19-09 12:10 PM

6. Start a Paypal account and offer collective offerings to leaker of OS

7. Same as option five with other options to replace the beer
    02-19-09 12:34 PM
    Usually when something leaks, regardless of fro what phone it's for, more follow quickly...amd an OS just dropped fro the Bold...
    02-19-09 12:35 PM
    I don't know... We have had tons of leaks too.
    02-19-09 05:29 PM
    I think it's amazing to see all of the leaks for the Bold, and zero love for us Storm users. I think some people have ruined it for us. Frustrating!

I think that shows us all the difference in demographic between Storm users and Bold users......
    Wow, someone else sees this also. I mean, there are those of us that realize this, but this is the first I've seen anyone post about it on the forum. Good observation. There is a BIG difference in the demo from Storm users and Bold users. Actually, a significant difference from Storm to any other BlackBerry device. That being said, I'm not sure how much that has influenced the leaks or not, the demo that is. Even before .99 there had been many more builds that hadn't leaked than had. This is only proving much much more true as of late.
    Maybe those people got tired of all of the drama it caused. I don't know. It's not like the builds aren't out there. It's just that nobody has felt the need to leak them obviously. Anyways, not to rub it in, but the newer builds have made very good progress. Just be patient.
    02-19-09 06:45 PM
    Hey CX can you tell us some details on the storms cpu.... You know like processing power. I hear a lot of bold guys talking smack saying that its 100 times more powerfull then the storm. I'm not sure if your the guy to ask but even a little info would be good.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-19-09 07:08 PM
    My prediction is it will leak tonight or tomorrow. In following with the pattern it's been 8 - 10 days between leaks, so its due.

....with fingers crossed....
    02-19-09 07:12 PM
    Wow, someone else sees this also. I mean, there are those of us that realize this, but this is the first I've seen anyone post about it on the forum. Good observation. There is a BIG difference in the demo from Storm users and Bold users. Actually, a significant difference from Storm to any other BlackBerry device. That being said, I'm not sure how much that has influenced the leaks or not, the demo that is. Even before .99 there had been many more builds that hadn't leaked than had. This is only proving much much more true as of late.
    Maybe those people got tired of all of the drama it caused. I don't know. It's not like the builds aren't out there. It's just that nobody has felt the need to leak them obviously. Anyways, not to rub it in, but the newer builds have made very good progress. Just be patient.
    Blah blah blah is all I’m hearing. I’m tried of being told to be patient to wait for something the will make the phone work like it should have when we bought it. Give us a working OS and we will be patient, until don’t patronize us with your be patient crap.
    Last edited by dbaynejr; 02-19-09 at 07:54 PM.
    02-19-09 07:46 PM
    Blah blah blah is all I�m hearing. I�m tried of being told to be patient to wait for something the will make the phone work like it should have when we bought it. Give a working OS and we will be patient until don�t patronize us with your, be patient crap.
    The device does work on .75. Yes it does have a few problems and reboots. If you don't like it I would suggest taking it back. But theres no reason to be rude to me because you continue to keep a device that you are not happy with. My Storm works just fine. And if it didn't, it would go back. I surely wouldn't keep something that makes me angry and complain all the time.
    02-19-09 07:53 PM
    CX, I know you said the Bold was underperforming upon release. Was it as bad as the initial release of the Storm? I'm the one who brought up the difference in demographic between users. Is the lack of leaks due to the chaos between CB members? It seems that the Bold has an older age range, and more professional demographic. Is that true?
    02-19-09 07:53 PM
    CX, I know you said the Bold was underperforming upon release. Was it as bad as the initial release of the Storm? I'm the one who brought up the difference in demographic between users. Is the lack of leaks due to the chaos between CB members? It seems that the Bold has an older age range, and more professional demographic. Is that true?
    Yes the Bold had quite a few problems at launch, not holding a 3G connection was one. Total PIA. And I disagree, there was chaos in the Storm forum even when there was a leak every week. And yes, the Bold definitely has a older and more professional demo. But the Storm attracted the exact demo that RIM was hoping for.
    02-19-09 07:57 PM
    Blah blah blah is all I�m hearing. I�m tried of being told to be patient to wait for something the will make the phone work like it should have when we bought it. Give a working OS and we will be patient until don�t patronize us with your, be patient crap.
    Actually I believe that it is now. I feel that it should have launched with .90.

The hybrid .106 is flawless for me. I hope others are having similar experiances.

Be patient and don't trash the mods, and CX in particular. He lets us know where things are. Doesn't give us much in the way of practical info, but he does update us on where the builds are.
    02-19-09 07:57 PM
    Actually I believe that it is now. I feel that it should have launched with .90.

The hybrid .106 is flawless for me. I hope others are having similar experiances.

Be patient and don't trash the mods, and CX in particular. He lets us know where things are. Doesn't give us much in the way of practical info, but he does update us on where the builds are.

Valace, does the .106 hybrid have the color and speed of .90? I don't get the VSOD and freezes most do with .90. I have installed all OS's to .103, and .90 was still the fastest for me..
    02-19-09 08:01 PM
    Yes the Bold had quite a few problems at launch, not holding a 3G connection was one. Total PIA. And I disagree, there was chaos in the Storm forum even when there was a leak every week. And yes, the Bold definitely has a older and more professional demo. But the Storm attracted the exact demo that RIM was hoping for.
    I did go back and read through the Bold forums, and I was suprised as the number of bugs that I found. It did have alot of bugs at launch.

But the difference between the two is that the bugs the Storm suffered through were worse than the ones the Bold had. I would trade some internet speed, for a device that didn't freeze on me 3 times a day, and then give me errors when I tried to restart it.

Those bugs are fixed now, and for that I am happy, but I just think that the Storm has suffered from harsher bugs than the Bold did. That is Verizons fault though for rushing it out of the gate to soon.
    Last edited by Valace2; 02-19-09 at 08:06 PM.
    02-19-09 08:03 PM
    Are you referring to the demo that were mostly going for the Iphone, etc.?
    02-19-09 08:03 PM
    Valace, does the .106 hybrid have the color and speed of .90? I don't get the VSOD and freezes most do with .90. I have installed all OS's to .103, and .90 was still the fastest for me..
    I have not had one VSOD or media card error since I installed .103. When I was using Siths hybrids I was recieving them all the time. I also have not had a BBM freeze since installing the hybrid .106

I will not go back under .103.
    02-19-09 08:05 PM
    I have not had one VSOD or media card error since I installed .103. When I was using Siths hybrids I was recieving them all the time. I also have not had a BBM freeze since installing the hybrid .106

I will not go back under .103.
    Is the color from .90 there? And speed?
    02-19-09 08:06 PM
404 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD