I was a little taken aback by the .103... I just did not see any improvement. Granted, it was as good as .99. But .99 was fairly good.

The reason I was disappointed was the colour depth. I would of expected that to be in the next leak. Ahhh well... The whole leak process is fun regardless if there is any change on my Storm!

I hope we don't have to wait the same number of leaks to fix the colour depth issue as we did for VSOD!
    02-12-09 09:49 PM
    I was a little taken aback by the .103... I just did not see any improvement. Granted, it was as good as .99. But .99 was fairly good.

The reason I was disappointed was the colour depth. I would of expected that to be in the next leak. Ahhh well... The whole leak process is fun regardless if there is any change on my Storm!

I hope we don't have to wait the same number of leaks to fix the colour depth issue as we did for VSOD!
    That's what I thought too.....Lock/unlock lag still there, lag with phone function use, typing lag still there....choppy scrolling, etc.....memory leaks bad, and battery life not so good....
    02-12-09 10:13 PM
    Lock/Unlock in my opinion is fast. I know, I know you want to flip the switch 100 times and expect it to be instant. It is instant in general use. It looks like they programed a pause when you first lock it. My guess this is so you don't hit the button twice and end up not locking it at all. Trust me it's fast. Lock the phone. Then wait a second. Then unlock. I bet it's instant!

Typing lag is no worse or better than any of the other builds I have experience and that includes .75. Could it be better? Yeah I suppose so.

Scrolling. Fairly smooth in my opinion....

I have no memory leaks that I am aware of. Battery life is really good compared to other touch screen phones.

Again, from my vantage point the most important fix right now is the colour depth issue.
    02-12-09 10:27 PM
    Lock/Unlock in my opinion is fast. I know, I know you want to flip the switch 100 times and expect it to be instant. It is instant in general use. It looks like they programed a pause when you first lock it. My guess this is so you don't hit the button twice and end up not locking it at all. Trust me it's fast. Lock the phone. Then wait a second. Then unlock. I bet it's instant!

Typing lag is no worse or better than any of the other builds I have experience and that includes .75. Could it be better? Yeah I suppose so.

Scrolling. Fairly smooth in my opinion....

I have no memory leaks that I am aware of. Battery life is really good compared to other touch screen phones.

Again, from my vantage point the most important fix right now is the colour depth issue.
    One thing I do wish is when I lock the phone, so backlight would turn off immediately instead of fading away. I did test the lock/unlock. On my storm, when I press lock, I get the spinning clock for a second and then a 2 second delay, and the unlock is instant.

As far as battery life, I do agree with you that it's much better than other touch phones. I just would like it to be better for the storm. Today, I actually had to charge it midday, because it was drained by like 5pm with moderate use.

With typing lag, I would like the letters to be highlighted up to how fast I type (which is not very fast yet).....And the scrolling, I was referring to rubber band scrolling, but I can only wish, right? It takes forever to scroll thru contacts and so on...Anyways, I keep hoping....
    02-12-09 10:43 PM
    Oh I agree. To me the lack of flick / rubber band scrolling is a bug... So I am with you there!
    02-12-09 10:49 PM
    One thing I haven't seen mentioned about .103 by anyone is the fact that while on an active phone call, a large skin contact footprint on the screen no longer selects anything in blue. You can test this by using three fingers flat on the screen and moving around. You'll notice it doesn't highlight. It's still not perfect, as if you touch it just right, it'll highlight something and then moving around will actually move the highlight with you.

It's a start... personally, RIM should just have the screen dim in a situation like that and undim when the large skin contact proximity goes away... kinda like when you lock the screen.
    02-12-09 11:22 PM
    That's what I thought too.....Lock/unlock lag still there, lag with phone function use, typing lag still there....choppy scrolling, etc.....memory leaks bad, and battery life not so good....
    Maybe the issues you're having has to do with the fourteen thousand crapware apps you have installed.

Seriously.
    02-13-09 01:23 AM
    Well my phone is lot locking up and crashing several times a day now but it's still not where it should be and there have been no real improvements, this feels like a half leak.

Hopefully the next one wont be a full 10 days off like the others have been.
    02-13-09 01:28 AM
    Maybe the issues you're having has to do with the fourteen thousand crapware apps you have installed.

Seriously.
    None of the apps are running in the background besides default. I close each one after use. Also, tell me what is the point of having an app store open soon if storm OS cannot support them? Or it will run like sh!t? Seriously.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-13-09 01:40 AM
    None of the apps are running in the background besides default. I close each one after use. Also, tell me what is the point of having an app store open soon if storm OS cannot support them? Or it will run like sh!t? Seriously.

17 apps? Couldn't narrow it to 16? Or how about 5 or 6? I know from personal experience that even ONE app not running, just installed can brick a BB. Quickpull bricked the **** out of one of my Storms.

Do what ever you want to do.

I don't care if you install 56.3 more apps.

But just know that this is fact.......apps affect performance, period.

In other news, .103 works great for me with Stormlock, Quicklaunch, Google maps v3, Quickpull, Youtube, and visual voicemail.........
    02-13-09 01:54 AM
    Still on .99 and skipping 103. Bring on the OTA upgrade...

02-13-09 02:49 AM
    17 apps? Couldn't narrow it to 16? Or how about 5 or 6? I know from personal experience that even ONE app not running, just installed can brick a BB. Quickpull bricked the **** out of one of my Storms.

In other news, .103 works great for me with Stormlock, Quicklaunch, Google maps v3, Quickpull, Youtube, and visual voicemail.........
    So why even have an app store open if storm cannot handle it? Most of the apps I have are useful. Some, (the useless ones) take up very little memory. I agree with you and at the same time don't agree with you. Somehow, (sorry to use it again) the iphone handles 3rd party apps great no matter how useful or useless they are.
    02-13-09 09:53 AM

Also may be if RIM included some of those apps with the OS (like autolock, stormlock, buzzme and quickpull), we would have to have unnecessary 3rd party apps.

I just want an update..........
    02-13-09 10:01 AM
    I like 103 so I'm happy

02-13-09 12:55 PM
    I am happy with .103 as well. I think it was viigo that was contributing to issues. Its been good since I deleted it. I would not mind an upgrade though

02-13-09 04:08 PM
    So why even have an app store open if storm cannot handle it? Most of the apps I have are useful. Some, (the useless ones) take up very little memory. I agree with you and at the same time don't agree with you. Somehow, (sorry to use it again) the iphone handles 3rd party apps great no matter how useful or useless they are.
    True true. I think that the iPhone uses it's 4 -16 Gb memory for the apps. For now, the memory on the Storm's is limited, and with all the left out features due to OS creation, it makes the Storm kinda weak in the apps department. It'll get better.

Even if it doesn't, I'm getting a Niagra in May sooooo........
    02-13-09 07:17 PM
    Still on .99 and skipping 103. Bring on the OTA upgrade...

Why skip .99?
    02-13-09 07:24 PM
    Why skip .99?
    Hes not. Hes on .99 and skipping .103
    02-13-09 07:32 PM
    I think they could release .103 is they would only fix the colour depth issue.

Although the typing lag issue is fairly odd.
    02-13-09 07:53 PM
    color depth doesnt bother me its the typing lag and searching your contacts when u place your finger over there name. but with new themes out it has gotten really quite over here.
    02-13-09 09:01 PM
    Lol, everyone has gone theme crazy... I am fairly conservative when it comes to themes. I am fairly picky... I also don't like Apple rip-offs. All my friends and co-workers would make fun of me if I used one "See we told ya shoulda got an iPhone!"
    02-13-09 11:14 PM
    .400!!!!!!!!!
    **** I'm waiting for 4.7.1.0!
    02-13-09 11:44 PM
    **** I'm waiting for 4.7.1.0!
    You're gonna be waiting a LONG time -- 4.7.1.x will be for a DIFFERENT device, if they bother to actually use that number given that they are already working on OS 5.0

Case in point:

The BOLD has OS 4.6.0.xxx

The Curve 8900 has 4.6.1.xx
    02-14-09 12:07 AM
    4.7.1.x will be on the Niagra.

02-14-09 01:25 AM
    4.7.1.x will be on the Niagra.

Nope, The 4.7 OS is for touch screen devices. More than likely it will be on the rumored Bold/Storm hybrid (if it ever pans out)

Niagara will either have a variation on the 4.6.0.xxx that the Bold has (given that they are similar devices) or 4.6.2.xx or .3.xx
    02-14-09 01:32 AM
499 ... 17181920
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD