I just wanted to let you all hear my story of triumph. Warning though, this is a long post.

Waited in line for about 40 minutes on release day for the Storm. I was the 9th person out of about 15 to get it at the store. As far as I could tell, the Storm I received was perfect. Then a few days later, I read about the screen click problem and think that there isn't anything wrong with mine. However I go ahead and give the business card trick a try and surprising realize that my screen clicks better and that one of the corners didn't really click.

So I call Verizon and after a few minutes was able to convince the CSR to send me a New phone and not a refurbished one, but would be charged for it and then credited when the original was returned. So I get the replacement and when I activate the phone, the screen was flawless. I then decide to compare the screen from the original to the new one and notice that the replacement had a yellowish tinge. I read a few posts about this, so I called Verizon and they told me to go to a store and have them check it out. I head to the store to show them the yellow tinge, but I had already packed the original to be sent that day and thinking that the store would get me a replacement no problem. I go there and they had no floor models with the Babylon AD trailer to compare to so I had to get the original out of my car, open the box, and power it up. Mind you, this process took almost an hour from when I got into the store. Then the rep there told me that she and her managers didn't notice any difference (which was bogus because you could totally tell the color difference) and that I would need to go to another store since they didn't have any technicians there.

I proceed to go to the store with the technicians and after maybe 5 minutes of explaining my situation, they just wrote a note on my account and had a replacement sent to me! I was stupefied and happy at the same time.

A few days later, my new replacement came and it is FLAWLESS. The screen clicks in all corners and the color is crisp and bright. All the updates make it better everyday. I'm still using my first replacement until my Seidio Innocase II and holster to come in before I break into my new phone.

I hope that all your Storm experiences can turn out all good in the end like mine.
    12-31-08 02:11 AM
    good to hear took me 4 storms to get the perfect one , but the wait is worth it !!!
    12-31-08 02:12 AM
    Nice post.

I just received my 3rd today as well and I am happy to report that the 3rd time IS a charm. No light leakage and the seal around the screen is perfect so no lint gets inside. Perfect assembly. My first 2 were made in Canada, the 3rd was from Mexico. Im a very happy camper.

On final note, I called for my replacement on the last day of my 30 day trial. It was either try one more replacement or cancel service so this 3rd one really was a relief. Otherwise I would be stuck in a 2yr contract with a crap refurb.
    12-31-08 02:23 AM
    does anyone know if there has been a problem where the phone clicks very well at first, but over a period of time, from use obviously, the screen starts to not click anymore?
    12-31-08 02:28 AM
    does anyone know if there has been a problem where the phone clicks very well at first, but over a period of time, from use obviously, the screen starts to not click anymore?
    Mine has this problem, I have had the phone since the day after it was released, I am getting a replacement tomorrow. The corners started out fine but I am not getting the same reassuring click back over time.
    12-31-08 03:02 AM
    my 3rd was a charm as well, my first clicked well but felt loose, had light leakage, and other problems, my second was AWFUL it was like using a completely different phone...the screen was blue--i was lucky to get a girl with good vision ( I'm a haircolor technician and can spot off tones a mile away) and my screen didn't click at all! it was insane, so they replaced it on the spot, I'm on my third...I will say the first phone had better color clarity than my third, but it has no light leakage, clicks great, and works fine...It's a keeper...for now.
    12-31-08 03:51 AM
    Mine has this problem, I have had the phone since the day after it was released, I am getting a replacement tomorrow. The corners started out fine but I am not getting the same reassuring click back over time.
    hm do you think this will happen with a lot of phones
    12-31-08 08:48 PM
    I'm with you guys although it took till my 4th to get a perfect one but boy was it worth the wait!!
    12-31-08 08:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD