ok for the storm between the opera mini and the bolt, which is the prefered 3rd party browser? I've got the bolt which is prett fast but i was playing with a friends storm last night and he had opera mini whichseemed a bit faster. can anyone help me out with this at all? THank you!
    03-27-09 05:03 PM
    From what I hear, the Opera Mini is the most recommended. But I could be wrong. I, too, would like to know.
    03-27-09 05:09 PM
    Opera Mini is really really fast, but its interface isn't made for the Storm so it's a bit clunky to use. If you use Opera, make sure its protocol is set to 'socket'
    03-27-09 05:10 PM
    yeah i know that opera i really fast. it's weird because when i go to download it from crackberry's onjline store it says the downloaded file MIGHT be corrupted or something so i don't even go though with the download in fear of seriously messing up my phone. has anyone else ever seen this before though?
    03-27-09 05:13 PM
    I would recommend Opera. I used Bolt when it came out, but going back to previous pages required another load, it seemed as if there wasn't any caching occurring. Opera is faster IMO, but it takes a little getting used to.
    03-27-09 05:55 PM
    yeah i understand that. all I"m saying now is that when i go to crackbery's mobile website onmy phone, and go to the 3rd party apps page to download the opera browser, it sasys that after downloading the file that the file MIGHT be corrupted or something. has anyone seen this before at all?
    03-27-09 06:12 PM
    The Blackberry Storm with Opera Mini is a killer combination. I've pretty much given up on the built-in browser at this point (except for OTA downloads, of course, and a couple of other minor uses.) In fact, I've grown so used to the 'soft touch' (without the click) that I've grown to like it.
    03-27-09 06:33 PM
    how did you download it for your phone though?
    03-27-09 06:35 PM
    ok for the storm between the opera mini and the bolt, which is the prefered 3rd party browser? I've got the bolt which is prett fast but i was playing with a friends storm last night and he had opera mini whichseemed a bit faster. can anyone help me out with this at all? THank you!
    I have both Bolt and Opera Mini both work well but neither are perfect. Bolt renders pages better but movement around the page and clicking on link is more laborious. Opera is good too easier to click on links. It's only really a matter of personal preference. I would check them both out and see which one works better for you. With Bolt make sure you get the new version which 0.86
    03-27-09 06:36 PM
    Haven't seen that particular error. I tried out both Opera Mini and Bolt and actually ended up going back to the default Browser, as crazy as that sounds. Opera Mini wasn't optimized for the Storm and kept bugging me having to manually show and hide the keyboard everytime I want it instead of just popping up when I clicked in a text box. Bolt didn't have that annoyance, and I honestly don't remember anymore what made me switch off that :S I also don't do browsing from my phone that often, though, so really for me the simplest won out rather than the fastest.
    03-27-09 06:36 PM
    mmm how very intersting. the one thing i do realize with bolt though is that even with a good 4 bars of 3g evdo signal, whe loading a page up on bolt, it won't start loading the page untill it gets past 12% at least which is really weird if you ask me. somehow i think opera is faster in that sense. in regards to the actual download, i've tried it twice and both times it came up file miht be corrupt and this is the one from crackberry. do you think i should still try to download it? Where did everyone here get their version of opera mini from?
    03-27-09 06:46 PM
    Opera mini is a lot better to navigate around for me, Bolt does look better
    03-27-09 06:53 PM
    ok i mean i'll try to download it now from crackberry's mobile site. i hope nothing bad happens to my phone though. lol.
    03-27-09 06:54 PM
    Opera Mini is really really fast, but its interface isn't made for the Storm so it's a bit clunky to use. If you use Opera, make sure its protocol is set to 'socket'
    what does this setting do, exactly? i've been using it for a couple months and never changed any settings..
    03-28-09 02:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD