Just realised that I had left two 3rd party apps running in the background by accident. Is this the reason why my battery has drained in less than a day ? Apps were a London Underground map searcher, and the spirit level one
    12-08-09 06:06 AM
    Most likely but to know for sure charge your phone and make sure those apps aren't running in background. Then compare battery life to when they were running.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-08-09 07:01 AM
    For sure, if you leave apps running in the background they will drain your battery.
    12-08-09 10:12 AM
    Yeah 3rd party apps will do that.
    12-08-09 02:28 PM
    how do you turn off third party apps
    06-28-11 10:37 AM
    For sure, if you leave apps running in the background they will drain your battery.
    Yeah 3rd party apps will do that.
    This is not true. It is all dependent on what the app is doing or not doing.

Lets take for example an alarm app. You have your alarm set to once every 24 hours. The app would set a timer then essential sleep until the OS triggers the timer. This is not going to cause any sort of battery drain.

Other apps may be open in the background but not do anything until the user triggers it.

Just because the app is open does not mean it is active or draining battery.

So it is all depending on the app. Generalizing like the previous 2 posters is inaccurate.
    06-28-11 12:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD