ok, so im a new Blackberry (or 'berry) user and i just came from a razr so i don't know much as far as this new advance to 3g, but when everyone blabbing about it, i just had to think there's a problem.

it takes my phone like 30 seconds to load a google search. i haven't been able to load a full webpage or wap of anything in under a minute. i have 4-5 Bars of service.
    i was just wondering if this is 3G speeds, then i don't want to pay $30 for internet services.

P.S. i have upgraded my storm os to .103 official.
    04-02-09 03:11 PM
    ok, so im a new Blackberry (or 'berry) user and i just came from a razr so i don't know much as far as this new advance to 3g, but when everyone blabbing about it, i just had to think there's a problem.

it takes my phone like 30 seconds to load a google search. i haven't been able to load a full webpage or wap of anything in under a minute. i have 4-5 Bars of service.
    i was just wondering if this is 3G speeds, then i don't want to pay $30 for internet services.

P.S. i have upgraded my storm os to .103 official.
    I assume you mean .113? but that's not official anyway, .75 is the current official release
    04-02-09 03:13 PM
    If it says 1XEV (all caps) at the top, you have 3G...the native BB browser doesn't seem to work that great all the time, try the new Bolt browser, I've heard good things about it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-02-09 03:14 PM
    If it says 1XEV (all caps) at the top, you have 3G...the native BB browser doesn't seem to work that great all the time, try the new Bolt browser, I've heard good things about it.

yes i have 1xev on the top ( i assume that's evdo)

when i go into service status, i am connected to BIS and i have 4 bars, just takes forever to load a page. i was just wondering is this normal as in how long does it normally take you guys to load a page.
    04-02-09 03:20 PM
    Well Chris here are some tips to speed up browsing:
    Under the browser options (open the browser bb menu key options)
    Let's set the following:
    Support JavaScript Checked
    Terminate Slow running scripts checked
    Show Images Checked
    USe Background Images Checked
    Show embedded media Checked
    Browser ID Blackberry
    Then Go to Gen Properties and try these
    Default View Column
    Image Qual Medium
    Image Animations 100 times
    Full Screen View checked
    Prompt Before:
    Closing Checked
    Closing Modified Pages checked
    04-02-09 03:28 PM
    Verizons version of 3G is not as fast as the true 3G GSM carriers such as AT&T have.
    04-02-09 03:38 PM
    Verizons version of 3G is not as fast as the true 3G GSM carriers such as AT&T have.
    Bettermost you have to be the Biggest ATT fan on this forum 99% of your posts are how VZW is worse than ATT.....But yet you "say" Storm in your Avatar area.......I call LIAR......
    04-02-09 03:40 PM
    Well Chris here are some tips to speed up browsing:
    Under the browser options (open the browser bb menu key options)
    Let's set the following:
    Support JavaScript Checked
    Terminate Slow running scripts checked
    Show Images Checked
    USe Background Images Checked
    Show embedded media Checked
    Browser ID Blackberry
    Then Go to Gen Properties and try these
    Default View Column
    Image Qual Medium
    Image Animations 100 times
    Full Screen View checked
    Prompt Before:
    Closing Checked
    Closing Modified Pages checked
    wow thanks alot but after all of those set and doubled checked and a battery pull, it's still slow, but i do have 1xev
    04-02-09 03:45 PM
    wow thanks alot but after all of those set and doubled checked and a battery pull, it's still slow, but i do have 1xev
    do you use VZ navigator???

coz if not, go here:

options > advanced options > applications

find it, and delete it

battery pull

there is so much crap in that app it slows everything down even when not running

for that matter, if you want your storm to run like a cellphone, treat it like a home computer. delete all the crap you know you will never use. it will only slow down the things that you do.
    04-02-09 06:53 PM
    HA!

man, now i have something to laugh at for atleast a week
    04-02-09 06:56 PM
    Is your xev capitalized? If not too are not in 3g.

04-02-09 07:14 PM
    Is your xev capitalized? If not too are not in 3g.

exactly -- your phone should read 1XEV at the top, or you're not getting full voice with data
    04-02-09 07:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD