Hello everyone, fairly new to the forum.

I have a Storm on vodafone running .75 (yes I am a geek who is waiting for an official update).

In the top right corner of my phone, it either says 3G or GPRS and changes every other day or so. I know 3G is faster than GPRS but why does my phone not just stay on 3G all the time???

Do I need to change any of the settings anywhere? Any help would be good. Anyone else have this?
    02-25-09 04:39 PM
    Try changing the the network selection to 3G only in options otherwise it could be a coverage issue.
    02-25-09 04:41 PM
    lol you're not a geek.. a geek would update to .109
    02-25-09 04:43 PM
    Try changing the the network selection to 3G only in options otherwise it could be a coverage issue.
    thanks for this. It bumped my network to orange and obviously I had no signal.

I have changed the network selection to manual and selected vodafone on 3G and after about a min it says network selection has timed out, please try again later.

I cannot seem to select vodafone on 3G

Anymore help?
    02-25-09 05:06 PM
    anyone else?
    02-27-09 04:50 PM
    I'm sure its a coverage issue. You can't get 3g everywher and some areas it is weak. If your not in good coverage it will switch to gprs.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-27-09 05:43 PM
    [QUOTE=danielnixon;1788611]
    (yes I am a geek who is waiting for an official update).
    QUOTE]

No geeks install eveereerry OS leak/hybrid they cant get their geeky little hands on.
    02-27-09 05:48 PM
    I'm sure its a coverage issue. You can't get 3g everywher and some areas it is weak. If your not in good coverage it will switch to gprs.

Thanks for the reply. I think you are right with this. I assumed you got 3G or nothing, not 3g or GPRS.

When I am at work, I can get 3G coverage. When I am at home, it's usually GPRS. Its not a massive issue, just annoying lol
    02-28-09 02:02 AM
    im on vodafone it does depend if your in the 3g areas i was told i was but now at work i cant get any signal no more since i the snow
    02-28-09 02:09 AM
    Coverage just drops in and out a bit. Goes from higher speed 3G to slower GPRS.

02-28-09 02:15 AM
    lol you're not a geek.. a geek would update to .109
    Not necessary. I am a computer geek myself. But my job is very demanding and I don't really have time to deal with any unexpected problem on my phone.

Unlike some people in this forum, the Blackberry phone has nothing to do with my job. So testing things on my phone is at very low priority to me. I am a software/system architect of an environment used by 20,000+ people. And I have been in the technical field long enough to learn that it does not pay to be on the "bleeding edge".
    02-28-09 06:32 AM
    Wudddup a **** . Anyways how can I get thw 3G to appear on my phone? All I get is 1XEV . Verizon

02-28-09 08:52 AM
    Wudddup a **** . Anyways how can I get thw 3G to appear on my phone? All I get is 1XEV . Verizon

See this thread for help.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/3g-...g-help-171459/
    02-28-09 05:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD