I got the storm and it really sucks for us users only being able to use it on Edge network. Does anyone THINK this will work on 3G GSM networks if we get it unlocked? Hopefully they make a version for ROGERS....
    05-19-09 11:46 PM
    The Storm 2 better have the North American 3G radios built into it and not just the European radios or i won't be getting it.
    With Telus/Bell launching its HSPA/UMTS in the fall, this puppy better support that!
    That would mean that Rogers and AT&T people could unlock it and use it on their networks too.
    05-22-09 09:30 AM
    Here's something to think about. Think of the Canadian carriers that currently sell the Storm. One would think that if they got the first version, they would get this one as well. Then think of what one of those carriers plans are for the fall.....
    05-22-09 10:46 AM
    Here's something to think about. Think of the Canadian carriers that currently sell the Storm. One would think that if they got the first version, they would get this one as well. Then think of what one of those carriers plans are for the fall.....

Thank the LORD Jesus Christ!!!!! I cannot stand it without 3G right now.....

CX, I have asked this before and never got a response. No radio app on my strom will work. Is it because it is on Edge? From reading Nobix and other apps work on Edge Apparentley.....?
    05-22-09 10:51 AM
    Urrrgghhh... so, still no sign of a 3G touchscreen BB for those of us patiently waiting on Rogers. So many of us were hanging in there for the 9520 - now with that reportedly dead, and its replacement going to the other guys, it seems that we're SOL.

I was so looking forward to a large screen for GPS and movie watching...
    05-22-09 12:00 PM
    Urrrgghhh... so, still no sign of a 3G touchscreen BB for those of us patiently waiting on Rogers. So many of us were hanging in there for the 9520 - now with that reportedly dead, and its replacement going to the other guys, it seems that we're SOL.

I was so looking forward to a large screen for GPS and movie watching...
    I believe what CX is saying is the Storm 2 will have HSPA/UMTS 850/1900 so it will work for everybody.
    05-22-09 01:13 PM
    So, the 'carrier plans for the fall' thing is a shout out to the impending LTE / HSPA roll out for Belus?

I'm a little ignorant about 4g - will the frequencies be the same across the NA networks?
    05-22-09 01:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD