correct me if i am wrong but if it says 1xev the network speed isnt at full 3g speed. but if it says 1XEV it is. am i right here?
    11-23-08 07:36 PM
    But over in Europe, the 9530, even tho CDMA in the states, will be GSM 3G. That's the magic of the chipset! That's why it has a Sim card. However I was under the impression that rev A of EVDO would handle voice and data simultaneously. Have to re read that info.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-23-08 07:37 PM
    Better then it cramming..

EVDO Rev A in 1 corner ;P
    11-23-08 07:38 PM
    have you been reading the thread?? that has already been clarified, now we are onto the fact that GSM "3G" is advertised as being able to simultaneously allow both voice and data to be sent and received while in reality since our "3G" is 1XEV and the CDMA network can't handle that, we really aren't able to use that feature.
    And your point? VZW never advertised the ability to do simultaneous voice & data. No existing VZW CDMA phone does simultaneous voice & data (and sms != data), and you're not loosing anything with the Storm. In fact, you're gaining the ability to do it with the Storm if you use a GSM-based network.

It would be nice if VZW was HSPA, but that's not going to happen overnight. Frankly I like VZW's coverage better than AT&T's (and I've used VZW, AT&T, and Sprint phones).
    11-23-08 07:54 PM
    okay im 1XEV with my connection.. but the internet is slow as molasses... both the BB browser and opera... what gives?? my moto q (non 3g) was just as fast if NOT faster!?
    11-23-08 08:28 PM
    okay im 1XEV with my connection.. but the internet is slow as molasses... both the BB browser and opera... what gives?? my moto q (non 3g) was just as fast if NOT faster!?
    Do a mobile speed test (http://www.dslreports.com/mspeed) and see what you get.
    11-23-08 09:10 PM
    My BB BOLD'S internet (At&t) IS faster than my storm
    11-23-08 09:20 PM
    my girlfriends att curve is just as fast as my browser
    11-23-08 09:37 PM
    my curve also says 1xev...and it;s not 3g. what is the symbol for 3g?
    11-23-08 09:51 PM
    the symbol for 3g on verizon is 1xEV
    11-23-08 09:52 PM
    then why does my curve say 1xEV?
    11-23-08 09:55 PM
    read the whole thread, its explained like 8 times. pretty much CDMA "g3" = 1xEV

the "real g3" is on the GSM network and those say "g3"

1xEV (CDMA) and g3 (GSM) are the same.

btw, i tried that speed test and it said it was too fast / couldnt do it. So i used my info at orb.com to do it and i got 2.5mb a second... its effing fast. i guess its the browser? actually its been running faster ever since i went into mobile network and set it manually to 1xEV vs Global
    11-24-08 12:27 AM
    CDMA Curves and pearls are 3G. Which is why the statement of the BOld being the first 3G blackberry is completely false.
    11-24-08 01:22 AM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD