Just came across this deal for the new BlackBerry Premium Multimedia Stereo Headphones and thought I would share with the community. Just placed my order and with ground shipping came out to $41.94

http://www.mobilecityonline.com/wire...d=23986&view=1
    01-18-09 01:37 PM
    Be sure to tell us everything about them when they arrive.
    01-18-09 01:41 PM
    Be sure to tell us everything about them when they arrive.
    I 2nd that!
    01-18-09 01:46 PM
    Those are the ones mine came with (Telus). They are quite good for blocking out outside noise and have pretty good sound actually. Make sure to use the correct size rubber thingies (I dont know what they are called lol) to fit your ear canal properly and feel comfortable. Seriously they are pretty good as far as headphones go that have the call feature on them.

If you get dedicated music only headphones you can obviously get way better (and more expensive too depending on what you wanna pay)
    01-18-09 01:51 PM
    I just got them at VZW for $29.99
    01-18-09 01:53 PM
    I tried these at RIM's booth at CES and was unimpressed by the headphones (but I was impressed by the RIM employee staffing that booth...). They are definitely better than the standard ones I got with my Storm but not as good as other offerings.

The folks at headfi.org have been raving about the NuForce NE-7M. They're $50 at amazon so they're a tad more expensive than these, but they sound much better and also have the inline mic.
    01-18-09 01:56 PM
    I really like the Premies, great sound and having the control strip is VERY handy.
    01-18-09 01:59 PM
    I think I'll wait for the executive ones

http://crackberry.com/ces-2009-new-b...ive-headphones

Executive Headphones - RIM has taken the Premium BlackBerry headphones that ship with the BlackBerry Bold and bumped them up a notch. Their new Executive Headphones have a control dongle that allows you to play/pause and skip through music and the headphones come with interchangeable colored pieces so you can go from having black headphones to silver or red. They even come packed in a leather case so you can keep everything together and easily take them with you wherever you go. No pricing or release date just yet, but we're sure you'll see these hit soon!

Last edited by Devlyn16; 01-19-09 at 09:27 AM.
    01-19-09 09:14 AM
    I've had these for a month now and overall they are great.

The sound quality is better than most headsets of similar style.

There are two drawbacks to me. Ok, 1 drawback and one thing that took awhile to get use to. The main drawback is the earpieces themselves. They are so slick that they tend to slip out of my ear. The other is it is just freaky to have both earpieces in when talking on the phone. The voices in my head get confused. This is just something that was hard to get use to.

Now, here's something that I absolutely love about them. I ride a motorcycle and like to listen to music while I'm riding. So I use these and when a call comes in, I can take it. I just figured a way to attach the mic inside the helmet. Sure, people have a little bit of a hard time hearing me at "the posted speed limit" due to wind noise. But it does work.
    01-19-09 09:38 AM
    I got 2 pairs of those from eBay - $13 each shipped. Just search OEM Bold Stereo Headset . They work great - much better than the ones that come with the Storm.
    01-19-09 10:00 AM
    Just came across this deal for the new BlackBerry Premium Multimedia Stereo Headphones and thought I would share with the community. Just placed my order and with ground shipping came out to $41.94

http://www.mobilecityonline.com/wire...d=23986&view=1
    for $40, you can 3 pairs of those off of eBay...just search 'OEM Blackberry Bold Stereo Headset' and you can find brand new pairs for around $13 shipped. I ordered 2 pairs and they work great!

maybe you can cancel your order?
    01-19-09 10:03 AM
    You can get good BT headphones for $35. Why would you want wires? Well, that was before Xmas, now they're $60, but still....

Amazon.com: MOTOROLA BCS - HEADSET, STEREO HT820 BLUETOOTH: Electronics
    01-19-09 10:11 AM
    Just so you know they aren't the new one that RIM was showing at CES. Those aren't out yet. So you just paid a lot for bold in box ear phones. I got mine on ebay for $8

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-19-09 10:14 AM
    You can get good BT headphones for $35. Why would you want wires? Well, that was before Xmas, now they're $60, but still....

it's a matter of taste and convenience. i'm personally not into bulky wraparound headphones. plus small earbuds are easier to slip into your pocket. now bluetooth earbuds - that would be worth checking out!
    01-19-09 10:42 AM
    Does anyone know if these BB headsets have a microphone built in? The set that came with my phone did, but I've lost the and need to replace them. Thanks!!!
    01-23-09 10:02 PM
    Does anyone know if these BB headsets have a microphone built in? The set that came with my phone did, but I've lost the and need to replace them. Thanks!!!
    yes. these premium headsets have mic built in
    01-23-09 10:36 PM
    I bought mine direct from the Verizon site and they are great Love them. Previously I was using a pair of iPhone ear buds because of the inline mic but they didn't fit nicely in my tabs. These ones do, and they have a control thingy and a blackberry logo
    01-23-09 10:38 PM
    Our buddy Al Sacco did a great review of the premium headset - BlackBerry Premium Multimedia Headset | CIO.com | January*13, 2009 | Al Sacco |
    01-23-09 10:53 PM

i have bluetooth headphones.. but... for now I can't watch video with those... so to watch videos wired ones are the way to go at the moment.
    01-23-09 10:57 PM
    I've had these for a month now and overall they are great.

The sound quality is better than most headsets of similar style.

There are two drawbacks to me. Ok, 1 drawback and one thing that took awhile to get use to. The main drawback is the earpieces themselves. They are so slick that they tend to slip out of my ear. The other is it is just freaky to have both earpieces in when talking on the phone. The voices in my head get confused. This is just something that was hard to get use to.

Now, here's something that I absolutely love about them. I ride a motorcycle and like to listen to music while I'm riding. So I use these and when a call comes in, I can take it. I just figured a way to attach the mic inside the helmet. Sure, people have a little bit of a hard time hearing me at "the posted speed limit" due to wind noise. But it does work.
    As an avid motorcyclist I have to say cool!

01-23-09 11:17 PM
    Thanks! I'll give them a try!

01-24-09 12:25 AM
    for $40, you can 3 pairs of those off of eBay...just search 'OEM Blackberry Bold Stereo Headset' and you can find brand new pairs for around $13 shipped. I ordered 2 pairs and they work great!

maybe you can cancel your order?
    Those are NOT Premium headsets on eBay, but regular ones, SKU HDW-15766-005! The Premium headset has SKU ASY-15765-001 and comes with a nice pouch. I bought mine from discountcell.com for $30
    01-24-09 02:29 AM
    I'd like to find some BT headphones that would be good for working out. Something where I could set the phone on the treadmill, and still listen with no cords involved.

This may sound stupid, but I'm not sure about running with it in my hand. I'm concerned it might damage the accelerometer.
    01-24-09 08:42 AM
    just got mine for 29 Euro Love them, they are great and not to mention the case.

one of the headphone has a red mark, does anybody know what the red mark is for? I RTFM but could not find anything

Thanks!
    03-04-09 07:45 AM
    I think the red mark is just to help you decide which ear to plug the buds into I put the red one in my left ear - not sure if that's right or not

I've had these since early December and I love 'em. The in-line microphone is great quality too.
    03-04-09 08:25 AM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD