I just upgraded to .328 via DM. By all appearances, the update went without a hitch, and I pulled the battery afterwards to "reset" the device. User error, impatience, whatever... once it was powered up again, things were very glitchy/laggy, especially typing and using the menu button. Five minutes later it simply froze. After several battery pulls (about a half dozen) all I get is the BSOD.

I had the same problems with .323 after half a day with it, so I was really glad when the official update was announced soon after.

Now I just need some advice. Any suggestions?

If the best advice (other than to "search the dang forums, you slacking ninny") is to wipe, please point me in the direction of some good instructions -- I tried wiping a Storm before, perhaps eight months ago, but the instructions here on CB were sort of spotty and I never completed the process (had to return that device due to water damage, anyway).

I understand there may be some thinking that reloading 3rd party apps 1 by 1 is a wise precaution, in order to watch for any performance issues along the way...But I wonder why my Storm would be acting this way when it worked fine (at least no BSOD) with every earlier OS besides .323. Perhaps I should downgrade the OS, lose all the 3rd party apps, then try upgrading again?

Many thanks
    10-26-09 04:49 AM
    well it prompts you to reboo the device...did you do the battery pull before that?
    10-26-09 04:55 AM
    Actually after DM reported the device was upgraded successfully, the Storm's screen looked like a BSOD, and sure enough it was non-responsive...so I pulled the battery at that time.
    10-26-09 05:02 AM
    Now it simply won't reboot -- the backlight comes on just fine, but the LED doesn't. DM of course doesn't recognize any device, and likewise it's invisible to BBSAK. yuck.

I'm pretty sure there have been no catastrophic accidents (drops, soakings, overheating, etc.)...
    10-26-09 05:08 AM
    I know this is a pretty big coincidence but it sounds like your device somehow bought the farm. Maybe the battery? Just a thought. Hope you get it fixed.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-26-09 05:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD