Hello all,

I searched the forum and it seems a few people have noted this in some threads, but no one has posted responses.

In .323, I had great 1X EV coverage - including in my apartment where all other builds .148, .151 from the 4.7 series and .19x and .22x from 5.0 gave me spotty 1X EV coverage. Previously dropped calls were clear as day on .323, instead of having to huddle in a corner near a window at the right angle to get just okay coverage.

However, now that I've updated to .328, I get 1X at best in many locations where I easily got full 1X EV coverage. I've done all the *228 updates and other tricks, but I'm still staring at varying levels of 1X coverage, and rare, fleeting bouts of 1X EV.

Overall, .323 and .328 rock - I prefer .328 minus the radio, especially because it is in fact an official release.

Thoughts!
    10-27-09 08:35 AM
    Hello all,

I searched the forum and it seems a few people have noted this in some threads, but no one has posted responses.

In .323, I had great 1X EV coverage - including in my apartment where all other builds .148, .151 from the 4.7 series and .19x and .22x from 5.0 gave me spotty 1X EV coverage. Previously dropped calls were clear as day on .323, instead of having to huddle in a corner near a window at the right angle to get just okay coverage.

However, now that I've updated to .328, I get 1X at best in many locations where I easily got full 1X EV coverage. I've done all the *228 updates and other tricks, but I'm still staring at varying levels of 1X coverage, and rare, fleeting bouts of 1X EV.

Overall, .323 and .328 rock - I prefer .328 minus the radio, especially because it is in fact an official release.

Thoughts!
    If that's the only reason you for liking .328, you should just go back to .323. Better coverage is far better than Verizon deciding it's good enough to support.
    10-27-09 08:38 AM
    I was more curious to see if anyone else has seen this difference, I will probably go back to .323, but .328 seems to be snappier - deleting large segments of text is quick and smooth, menus pop up consistently quickly, as does the phone going into/out of lock mode - something that the memory leak on .323 hampered from time to time. Maybe i'll try .327 ...
    10-27-09 09:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD