I'm not even sure where to begin because there are just so many things that I could and really do want to say about this....I am very rarely speechless..but this is one time I really am...I know it's not earth shattering and nothing to go crazy over...just sort of sad about it...App world launches and we get three farting apps...hhhmmmm....just sort of speaks for itself...atleast to me it does.
    04-02-09 12:59 AM
    Maybe it's just the diet that I enjoy, but my typical response is "Fart apps? Who needs fart apps?"
    04-02-09 05:56 AM
    so much for the 'prices will set a market for more productive higher end apps.' lol hopefully we will see a better selection in the next couple of weeks (ok...months).
    04-02-09 06:13 AM
    you KNOW, that if there were only TWO, people would be complaining that there aren't enough
    04-02-09 08:16 AM
    There was a small controversy over the fact that Apple wouldn't allow "tasteless" things in their store, then they lifted it and someone made a fart app.

Let the market forces work and it'll fall out into never-never land soon enough.
    04-02-09 09:16 AM
    I'm not even sure where to begin because there are just so many things that I could and really do want to say about this....I am very rarely speechless..but this is one time I really am...I know it's not earth shattering and nothing to go crazy over...just sort of sad about it...App world launches and we get three farting apps...hhhmmmm....just sort of speaks for itself...atleast to me it does.
    Welcome to the iPhone generation.
    04-02-09 11:37 AM
    Its not the tasteless aspect that makes me sad its the lack of originality. Or wait is it that it appears that some devs wanted to make quick buck? Or is it that I am just really realizing that the flame throwing ifarting youth of America has become the target audience for rim. I can purchase more music social and farting apps then I can business apps. Actually tried to download business app last night and it froze my phone in middle of download and now I'm having problem getting into app world. Its like my iphone wannabe is rejecting business apps. Lol.
    There was a small controversy over the fact that Apple wouldn't allow "tasteless" things in their store, then they lifted it and someone made a fart app.

Let the market forces work and it'll fall out into never-never land soon enough.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-02-09 11:54 AM
    I don't get it. At all.

04-02-09 12:01 PM
    Its not the tasteless aspect that makes me sad its the lack of originality. Or wait is it that it appears that some devs wanted to make quick buck? Or is it that I am just really realizing that the flame throwing ifarting youth of America has become the target audience for rim. I can purchase more music social and farting apps then I can business apps. Actually tried to download business app last night and it froze my phone in middle of download and now I'm having problem getting into app world. Its like my iphone wannabe is rejecting business apps. Lol.

Every time I have been at the corporate Verizon store, some of the trashiest, scuzziest-looking people have been buying BBs. Mostly Pearls and Curves. One saw my Storm and mentioned that they "type too much to buy a phone without a keyboard." I looked at her funny and told her that it did, indeed, have a keyboard...she said, "I looked all over that one over there and couldn't find it!"

So, this is the future customer base of RIM.

04-02-09 02:43 PM
    And people would have you believe the Storm isn't a toy...
    04-02-09 03:47 PM
    What's worse... two of of the Fart App publishers/developers are in court over an implied trademark use of "Pull My Finger!"

'Pull My Finger' iPhone Fart App Dispute Lingers | Threat Level from Wired.com

What a generation we live in huh?
    04-02-09 04:29 PM
    Every time I have been at the corporate Verizon store, some of the trashiest, scuzziest-looking people have been buying BBs. Mostly Pearls and Curves. One saw my Storm and mentioned that they "type too much to buy a phone without a keyboard." I looked at her funny and told her that it did, indeed, have a keyboard...she said, "I looked all over that one over there and couldn't find it!"

So, this is the future customer base of RIM.

Ever watch the movie 'idiocracy'? I swear that is where we are heading!
    04-02-09 04:34 PM

Would you prefer a 'Poo App' for the Storm, sound + visuals just to be different

Welcome to the iPhone generation.
    But wait... This is an honest prediction:
    When 3.0 launches a dev will use the new ability to connect 2 iPhones together to create a 2 person app. One will make a pulling guesture with his phone causing a fart sound to come from his friends phone. The updated version will allow your phone to act like a 'Finger Server' allowing anyone within range with the 'Pulling Client' to activate farts on your phone and vice versa.
    04-02-09 10:36 PM
    I am a Gastrointestinal nurse. The VERY last thing I need on my Storm is a fart app.
    04-02-09 10:39 PM
    Would you prefer a 'Poo App' for the Storm, sound + visuals just to be different

But wait... This is an honest prediction:
    When 3.0 launches a dev will use the new ability to connect 2 iPhones together to create a 2 person app. One will make a pulling guesture with his phone causing a fart sound to come from his friends phone. The updated version will allow your phone to act like a 'Finger Server' allowing anyone within range with the 'Pulling Client' to activate farts on your phone and vice versa.
    Guess I was hoping that competition between devs wasn't going to be over the best fart app. There are four total now available. Was kind of hoping that .....I don't know that maybe the bar might of been a bit higher. I want my phone to be media device just like others but was looking for more professionally done media apps. Anywho. Time will change that. At least I hope it will.

04-03-09 02:09 AM
    I had a curve-user call in yesterday who just cracked up over the "fart apps". That's what I get for mentioning software pages. ^^;
    04-03-09 03:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD