I have posted in another thread about having to exchange my phone today. I wont go into that here but I must say there is a huge speed difference.

I just watched this video posted by CX and this is exactly how this new unit is performing. The OS is .65 and the platform is .82 which is exactly what my other phone had.

There are only 2 differences I have forund besides the insane speed.

1. This unit has the wireless update option and my other unit did not.

2. The language on it is English UK instead of just english.

Anything else I could check that might give us an idea of what makes this unit so much better than the last?
    11-23-08 05:47 PM
    a rep at my store had to go through a process to get wireless update on my my storm. it involved the host routing table and the service books.
    11-23-08 05:51 PM
    I'm guessing this is an OS update? so if I do get the first model(mine is being shipped, should be here tomorrow) I should just update our storm via PC software?
    11-23-08 05:54 PM
    No. It is the same version of the software I had before. As I said in my post it is .65 pl .82.
    11-23-08 05:57 PM
    so any idea how he got his moving around so smoothly?
    I love my storm but mine doesn't move that fast
    11-23-08 05:58 PM
    Does anyone bother to read the posts they reply to?
    11-23-08 06:00 PM
    Haven't you been around for the whole release?

Does anyone bother to read the posts they reply to?
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-23-08 06:07 PM
    a rep at my store had to go through a process to get wireless update on my my storm. it involved the host routing table and the service books.
    Here's how to get the "wireless update" feature on your phone if you're interested.....

Options > Advanced Options > Service Book > hightlight "provisions [OTASL], but don't click on it > go to menu and click delete > open menu again and click undelete

If it worked then "wireless update" will show up in the "Advanced Options" list at the bottom.

You may have to repeat this process a few times before it works (took me three times)
    11-23-08 06:12 PM
    Uh... ok I have lost interest in my own thread.
    11-23-08 06:15 PM
    Here's how to get the "wireless update" feature on your phone if you're interested.....

Options > Advanced Options > Service Book > hightlight "provisions [OTASL], but don't click on it > go to menu and click delete > open menu again and click undelete

If it worked then "wireless update" will show up in the "Advanced Options" list at the bottom.

You may have to repeat this process a few times before it works (took me three times)
    thank you, that worked for me!
    11-23-08 06:16 PM
    What benefit does this give us?

What are we actually deleting/Reinstalling?
    11-23-08 06:16 PM
    What benefit does this give us?

What are we actually deleting/Reinstalling?
    Lets you upgrade software wirelessly. Its just an easy way to check and download software upgrades rather than plugging your BB into the computer
    11-23-08 06:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD