Wow

talk about a TOTAL and OUTRIGHT lie. Seriously, you come here out of all places and spew this nonsense. Cant be serious.

The sales numbers have been AMAZING, although no numbers have been officially tallied , some of us here can see the approximate sales numbers to date, and it is looking like we have a serious chance at hitting 600k before the end of the year. Thats impressive, and it is going to increase a great deal once the locations get more in stock and the bugs are worked out of it.

2nd Gen scratched.... yeah right. This is probably the most proposterous statement you made out of all of this. Scratched before the first quarter of numbers are gathered is showing that you know no one inside RIM or outside of them as well, since any company that has invested this much into a product woud not just scrap it because of the numbers tallied in a few weeks time.

The people here deserve better BS than this, if you are going to act like you know something inside, try and lie better next time. Insulting honestly.
    Again I'm not trying to pick a fight on here nor am I trying to discourage my fellow crackberry nation. I'm just stating something that I heard. If you are correct and they do sell over 600k units by the end of the year then that is awesome! It took Apple 74 days to sell there first million of the first gen model and that was with relatively no competition and something brand new of it's kind. Also I did not say they were going to scrap the storm all together. I'm sure they will continue to sell the current model and release updates. The 2nd gen version is just the one in question.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-08-08 04:39 PM
    Actually, 20% is a high number for returns. However, I expect that number to go way down, as people can now test the device out in the store before they purchase it. I also live in the NE and can only speak about the one Verizon store I go to. There were over 10 storms sitting behind the counter that were returned for that day.

Also, I know my company will not be supporting the Storm because there is a spending freeze on new devices. I think for the Storm to be successful (and I think it will be very succesful), the Storm needs to focus more on the consumer side.
    12-08-08 04:40 PM
    Can we please stop with all the stories about how your sister's friend's brother knows someone who's ex-wife's hairstylist's brother-in-law's cousin worked with some guy who talked to someone on an airplane who once used the restroom at RIM headquarters and the guy in the next stall said that they work for RIM and such and such was going to happen?

If you have DIRECT and FIRST HAND knowledge of something, then post it. Otherwise, put it on your own personal blog where it's easier to ignore. And yes, I know, I didn't have to click on the link, read, post, etc, etc. But it IS cluttering up the rest of the forum. Can we just petition the mods to yank all of these posts as soon as they're found/reported? Maybe make a rumors and speculation forum where the tinfoil hat brigade can play their counter-factual thinking games all day long. It really is starting to get out of hand when like every 3rd or 4th post is just someone posting something they probably got out of some chat room from some numbnuts who thinks spreading rumors like this is funny.

Last I checked here, there is a rumor forum, as well as a media forum, and others. But because people are buying the storm, they are coming to this forum. The mods dont need to delete, they just need to move to the correct place. Unfortunately theres so many threads, of the same stuff, how can they keep up.
    12-08-08 04:42 PM
    I build computers for a hobby. I buy new motherboards and there is always issues with stability and hardware compatibility issues. I wait for new BIOS updates install them and get better performance and overclocking abilities. It's a constantly changing landscape and technology only gets more complex as it grows in size. But I expect this and expect to get better as fixes come along. It's the reason these engineers work a lot and I mean a lot. While we sit here bitchin and moaning they're busting their hump just to make you happy.
    12-08-08 04:49 PM
    CNN reported that RIM had record sales with the Storm -- more than any other device they've released.
    12-08-08 04:54 PM
    i would hope they put the development on hold... they need to work on making THIS storm more reliable first.
    12-08-08 04:57 PM
    Again I'm not trying to pick a fight on here nor am I trying to discourage my fellow crackberry nation. I'm just stating something that I heard. If you are correct and they do sell over 600k units by the end of the year then that is awesome! It took Apple 74 days to sell there first million of the first gen model and that was with relatively no competition and something brand new of it's kind. Also I did not say they were going to scrap the storm all together. I'm sure they will continue to sell the current model and release updates. The 2nd gen version is just the one in question.

74 days is more than 2 months, this device has not even been out for a month yet, so if we stay on the pace we are at now , if these numbers are accurate, then the storm could possible topple the million mark faster than apple did with their device.

that would be truly remarkable, especially with all that this device had against it from launch.

But we shall all see, I know VZW will be annoucing numbers on sales once they are caught up on their orders.
    12-08-08 04:57 PM
    This one fits into the category of 'rumor' and nothing more.
    12-08-08 05:14 PM
    Last I checked here, there is a rumor forum, as well as a media forum, and others. But because people are buying the storm, they are coming to this forum. The mods dont need to delete, they just need to move to the correct place. Unfortunately theres so many threads, of the same stuff, how can they keep up.
    I stand corrected then. But how about some kind of mechanism by which mods can be alerted to these posts, and then decide the appropriate action to take?

I'm not expecting perfection, and I'm sure a few will slip through the cracks despite their best efforts, but even if we can cut it down to something like 1 out of every 10 new threads, I'd count it as a significant win.

I'd say put up a sticky about it, but there's too many already, and odds are it'd go largely unheeded anyway. If only there was some means to send an electrical shock to people posting these threads. Probably wouldn't solve anything, but I'd feel better for a few seconds.
    12-08-08 05:15 PM
    This one fits into the category of 'rumor' and nothing more.
    Exactly right! This is nothing more than a rumor. I heard this not from someone who works for RIM so who knows if there is any truth into what he is saying. Only the people in the offices at RIM day in and day out know for sure. I for one hope they continue to devlop and make this thing as I beleive it has enormous potential and could sit on top of the touchscreen market. Sorry for ruffling any feathers here I just thought it would be an interesting post.

Mods feel feree to delete this if need be

Last edited by SDmania; 12-08-08 at 05:24 PM.
    12-08-08 05:21 PM
    Keep in mind the second generation Storm that includes a higher resolution screen and wifi will be exclusively for AT&T in the U.S.
    12-08-08 05:27 PM
    Do you guy's hear yourselves? I mean really. The Storm had some minor issues at launch. Let us not forget while the iPhone is SUPPOSED to be a better device, there are more people complaining about lack of functionality on the damned thing. I will NEVER own a phone from a company who makes music players. Second leaked info about a beta for the next storm is fairly questionable, considering the phone is EXCLUSIVELY from Verizon Wireless. I have a tech person as a friend at a Verizon Wirless, and I have spoken to her and RIM and there are no PLANS for a BB Storm on any other network than Verizon. Why would AT&T want to screw with their iPhone sales? Think about it!
    12-08-08 05:47 PM
    If that is partialy true, they probably halted development so they could use all those people to fix the current one.
    This made me laugh out loud.
    Thanks
    12-08-08 05:52 PM
    Even if the return rate is approaching 20%, I would postulate that many of those returns are from users who had NO previous experience with BlackBerrys and bought the Storm because of the tremendous hype pre-release. There is a steep learning curve associated with any BlackBerry and the Storm is even more unique than previous editions, something for which users just looking for the latest gadget do not have the patience.
    12-08-08 06:01 PM
    Even if the return rate is approaching 20%, I would postulate that many of those returns are from users who had NO previous experience with BlackBerrys and bought the Storm because of the tremendous hype pre-release. There is a steep learning curve associated with any BlackBerry and the Storm is even more unique than previous editions, something for which users just looking for the latest gadget do not have the patience.
    Actually, I think it's the other way around.
    I have 4 friends who bought the storm and all of them are returning it. All of them had previous blackberries (3 had the curve and 1 the world one with the suretype - don't know the name).

I on the other hand, am a newb to blackbery (coming from treo windows mobile) and I love the Storm. It blows away windows mobile. I think it's because they are so used to the reliability of their Blackberries that it annoys them (the speed, the bugs etc) - they say they're not used to that with a Blackberry.

But for my friends, non of them are leaving Blackberry -- 2 are going to Bold and switching to AT&T. The other 2 going back to their old phones for now.
    Last edited by ilikeeverything; 12-08-08 at 06:21 PM. Reason: addition forgot
    12-08-08 06:17 PM
    @ Op--> Lmao.....

12-08-08 06:35 PM
    Can we please stop with all the stories about how your sister's friend's brother knows someone who's ex-wife's hairstylist's brother-in-law's cousin worked with some guy who talked to someone on an airplane who once used the restroom at RIM headquarters and the guy in the next stall said that they work for RIM and such and such was going to happen?

If you have DIRECT and FIRST HAND knowledge of something, then post it. Otherwise, put it on your own personal blog where it's easier to ignore. And yes, I know, I didn't have to click on the link, read, post, etc, etc. But it IS cluttering up the rest of the forum. Can we just petition the mods to yank all of these posts as soon as they're found/reported? Maybe make a rumors and speculation forum where the tinfoil hat brigade can play their counter-factual thinking games all day long. It really is starting to get out of hand when like every 3rd or 4th post is just someone posting something they probably got out of some chat room from some numbnuts who thinks spreading rumors like this is funny.
    LMAO...bravo...couldn't have said it better myself.
    12-08-08 06:53 PM
    @ Op--> Lmao.....

Crucial is laughing because he's posting from AT&T's/Roger's Storm 2.
    12-08-08 09:22 PM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD