Is anyone else having ridiculously long battery pulls? I'm running .713 and I consistently have battery pulls that take that long. Any solutions?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-05-10 12:20 AM
    26 minutes? That is absurd! I've never had battery pulls last that long, max I would say is about 6-7 minutes.

Did this happen right after an OS install?
    07-05-10 12:36 AM
    26 minutes? That is absurd! I've never had battery pulls last that long, max I would say is about 6-7 minutes.

Did this happen right after an OS install?
    07-05-10 12:38 AM
    That is way outside the norm. I just did a battery pull and it was 3 min and 50 secs. to reboot.
    07-05-10 12:48 AM
    It happened after the OS install last week, yes. Then every other time I do it, it happens again. Not sure what it is.
    07-05-10 12:48 AM
    I get sometimes 10 minutes but only after deleting a few apps. But normally, 5 minutes is average.
    07-05-10 01:50 AM
    If its consistently that long, something is wrong and an OS reload is likely in order. But... Interesting thing is my last one seemed like it took a very long time too (maybe 10 minutes or longer - I finally put the phone down). I haven't done another yet, but if my next one is as long, I'm wiping, reloading and only loading selective databases back on the phone. I may even wipe with BB MCP (Master Control Program) using the nojvm option, just to make sure.

07-05-10 02:20 AM
    I though I was the only one with a 9550 experiencing long reboot times. My device usually takes 10-15 minutes to reboot. Does anyone have a solution to this problem?
    07-05-10 02:26 AM

Mine takes about 12 min.

07-05-10 02:27 AM
    Just did another one... 39 minutes and counting. This is the longest one i've noticed ((of course it happens after I mention it))
    07-05-10 02:53 AM
    Is anyone else having ridiculously long battery pulls? I'm running .713 and I consistently have battery pulls that take that long. Any solutions?
    Yup. Delete call log and messages. Dropped my reboots from 9 min average to 5 min average. Still a little long, but better than before.

07-05-10 07:01 AM
    Yup. Delete call log and messages. Dropped my reboots from 9 min average to 5 min average. Still a little long, but better than before.

DANGGGG!!!!! Good advice...I just went into mine and found that the phone was holding the history ever since I got the phone!

Mine takes usually about 7-10 mins on average...hope the advice speeds things up here.

OP good on you for putting this out there boss 26 mins is sheer madness!!...on another note, anyone ever tell you that you look like Mike Jones? Who? Mike Jones....
    07-05-10 07:22 AM
    Just did another one... 39 minutes and counting. This is the longest one i've noticed ((of course it happens after I mention it))
    You must have the patience of a Saint! 5 minutes average here.
    07-05-10 10:33 AM
    3.5 to 4 minutes here.
    07-05-10 10:54 AM
    I used MeterBerry to reset mine every morning at 5:00. I know its not required but Storm1 habits are hard to break. Anyway, it takes 4 minutes to reboot. 5:04 startup.

07-05-10 10:55 AM
    I used MeterBerry to reset mine every morning at 5:00. I know its not required but Storm1 habits are hard to break. Anyway, it takes 4 minutes to reboot. 5:04 startup.

My S2 has been so stable I don't need to do reboots. it gets rebooted for app deletions and when some newly installed apps appear wonky. Other than that, in the last 6 months, I've rebooted due to sluggishness roughly 3 times.
    07-05-10 11:22 AM
    I did hear that part of the long boot times was related to the phone scanning the SD card. It was suggested that a test could be done with the SD card removed and it would boot faster. I haven't tried this myself so not sure if it's valid of not.

Mike

07-05-10 12:49 PM
    I did hear that part of the long boot times was related to the phone scanning the SD card. It was suggested that a test could be done with the SD card removed and it would boot faster. I haven't tried this myself so not sure if it's valid of not.

Mike

I tried that myself when I was on 607 which gave me 5 minute boot times (until I reinstalled the OS). It didn't make one second's difference.
    07-05-10 04:22 PM
    I though I was the only one with a 9550 experiencing long reboot times. My device usually takes 10-15 minutes to reboot. Does anyone have a solution to this problem?
    yep, buy the Evo.
    07-05-10 06:21 PM
    3.5 mins from red light to passed security check, I'm using .713 with lyricidal's 758 V2 hybrid.
    07-05-10 06:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD