Each time an OS is installed should the option 2 Roaming Update be done? Or possibly option 1 Programming? I haven't seen a reason to re-program for me but updating the roaming does make sense.

You're thoughts...

TIA

~X

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-04-09 01:05 AM
    Each time an OS is installed should the option 2 Roaming Update be done? Or possibly option 1 Programming? I haven't seen a reason to re-program for me but updating the roaming does make sense.

You're thoughts...

TIA

~X

I'm pretty sure that it's not necessary. If that were the case, every time there is an official OS update they would tell you to do it.
    02-04-09 01:57 AM
    anytime you flash the software on a regular phone, you should ota 1. given that logic, I always OTA my Storm after updating - even if it is a leaked OS.

ain't gonna hurt nothin.
    02-04-09 02:05 AM
    You shouldn't need to do it, but you can if you want.
    02-04-09 02:09 AM
    You should do *228 every couple of months anyway and choose the Option 2 which is an update option. This will update your phones roaming capabilities to help ensure you stay on Verizons network more often. Especially since new towers go up more frequently this registers your phone with those towers.
    02-04-09 02:38 AM
    Actually it registers those towers with your phone... But the theory is sound.
    02-04-09 02:40 AM
    Point taken....my bad!
    02-04-09 02:42 AM
    Actually it registers those towers with your phone... But the theory is sound.
    Thanks. So if it's updating the towers and not my (our phones) then it wouldn't be needed every OS install just every few months as normal.

Thanks again,

~X

02-04-09 03:33 AM
    I tell all my users to do a *228 at least once a month, just to be safe.... It seems to work for my guys out in the field, very few service problems.....
    02-04-09 08:52 AM
    No, it's not necessary, but it doesn't hurt to do it at least once a month jsut to check for updates.
    02-04-09 08:53 AM
    What is option 1?

02-04-09 06:53 PM
    Option 1 is to program the phone
    02-04-09 07:15 PM
    You're wasting your time doing this after each OS install. This is OTA CDMA radio programming... nothing the OS touches.
    02-04-09 07:34 PM
    You're wasting your time doing this after each OS install. This is OTA CDMA radio programming... nothing the OS touches.
    This is why I asked, only people who are closer to device development (as quite a few on here are) know if it is necessary or not & including yours I've had 3 good technical answers yet each are different. No matter the difference in answers, all three are helpful for me to decide to do a *228 option 2 after an OS install without knowing whom is correct.

I appreciate everyone's input & hope others are also now more informed, even if 2 of the replies cancel each other out.

Thanks again,

~X

02-04-09 08:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD