1. How can you (if it's possible) change the lock screen's default blue wallpaper that shows when the phone is in landscape view (lock screen only)?

2. Anyone know how/why it is a lot harder to get the keyboard to pop up with a screen stroke on the .83 OS than it was for me on the .78?? It always goes back down when I need to get rid of it but it is near impossible to get it to come up with the stroke. I do it from the very bottom up to the middle but it almost never works...

Any ideas? Thanks!
    01-10-09 12:19 PM
    1. Don't think its possible

2. I'm running .75, so I don't know. Leaked updates seem to always cause problems...
    01-10-09 12:21 PM
    I know question 1 has been answered multiple times. Answer is NO not yet.
    01-10-09 12:25 PM
    I solved the problem of popping up the keyboard by assigning my right side convenience key to pop it up. Now can access keyboard form any screen.
    01-10-09 12:30 PM
    Not a bad idea doctr, thanks. But I cant help but wonder why it's so temperamental but hiding it with a swipe isn't...
    01-10-09 12:36 PM
    1. How can you (if it's possible) change the lock screen's default blue wallpaper that shows when the phone is in landscape view (lock screen only)?

2. Anyone know how/why it is a lot harder to get the keyboard to pop up with a screen stroke on the .83 OS than it was for me on the .78?? It always goes back down when I need to get rid of it but it is near impossible to get it to come up with the stroke. I do it from the very bottom up to the middle but it almost never works...

Any ideas? Thanks!
    Just like the others have already said the answer to the first is no. But the answer to getting the keyboard to show up is that you have to do a quick upward flick from the bottom of the screen up. On the older OS you could do it slow but in the newer OS they made this way so that is isn't popping up by accident when you are scrolling.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-10-09 12:44 PM
    You are absolutely right..that did the trick! Wow I wish these things were documented better somewhere! It's more of a quick flick up from the absolute bottom instead of a slower slide like I was doing. Awesome man, big help.

EDIT: Although it can still be pretty temperamental I guess, I am still having trouble sometimes where it will just scroll down on the web page a little instead...arrghhh. Way to fully test and prepare this phone first RIM/VZ, you idiots.

EDIT 2: I figured out why! In the browser, you have to have tapped the screen once (not press) to have that little bar on the bottom or else the swipe up for the keyboard to show won't work!

Anyone for number one (even though most of you say you can't do it?)?
    Also, if anyone has time, can you visit my other problem thread that's even more of an annoyance?
    It's here, thanks (you have to copy and paste and change the hxxp to http...can't post links yet):
    hxxp://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=133927
    Last edited by guts311; 01-10-09 at 01:24 PM.
    01-10-09 01:11 PM
    Posted it for you...

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=133927

Or try this

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/app...7/#post1380085

HMM links not working ANYways I will check it out myself and try to help you.
    Last edited by pkcable; 01-10-09 at 01:28 PM.
    01-10-09 01:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD