....install and manage the software for both BB's?

Normally - when I connect my BB to my PC, it recognizes it and goes about its business. My "office" PC (quad core) is faster (backing up, copying, etc) than our "other" PC so for connecting our BB's, we are wanting to use the "Office" PC for both devices. Any issues that need to be resolved?

Thanks ....
    12-02-08 11:52 AM
    you should have no issues. it will recognize each device independently. when doing backups or things you can name them different names to keep the info separate
    12-02-08 12:03 PM
    Whoa hang on there...if you are syncing the BB's then you will get all the contacts synced together unless you create another profile in outlook independently say one for you and one for your wife........
    12-02-08 12:32 PM
    Whoa hang on there...if you are syncing the BB's then you will get all the contacts synced together unless you create another profile in outlook independently say one for you and one for your wife........
    oh, i knew i didn't think that all the way through... i haven't had a need to sync mine for a couple years now so it slipped my mind
    12-02-08 12:39 PM
    So - during the install, when it asks for the BB to be connected, does it create a file that is associated with that particular BB?

I'm currently waiting on my second Storm to arrive so I can't try this (yet), but it seems logical that I should be able to install a "second instance" of the software, have it associate the second BB and then - most importantly - *recognize* each BB when they are connected?
    12-03-08 09:29 AM
    Create another log on for your computer. One for you and one for your wife. Make sure that the DM is installed on both profiles on your PC. DM will sync to the outlook in whichever profile is active at the time. If you're doing this at your office, you might not be able to create another profile on the PC. In that case you might be SOL.
    12-03-08 09:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD