First off, the art of the battery pull. Does it really matter how long the battery is out? And if so, why? I'm just curious if it really makes a difference since I would imagine once the current is gone, it would make no difference.
    My second question is if there is a way to have the full qwerty show instead of multi tap in password fields. I want to keep it in SureType for most situations. I am running .109. Thanks for the responses.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-01-09 10:42 PM
    Well I can answer the first question. From what I've read to do a "full battery pull" you should leave it out for at least 30 seconds.
    03-01-09 10:45 PM
    Hey. To answer your first question, it doesn't matter much as to how long you keep the battery disconnected. You're right, since the current is gone, the volatile memory will do just that, be volatile.

As for your second question, as far as I know, there's no "per-task" setting for the keyboard. It's all or nothing.

Hope that helps out! (=
    03-01-09 11:15 PM
    As for your second question, as far as I know, there's no "per-task" setting for the keyboard. It's all or nothing.
    (=

Unless you go landscape...which is what I do
    03-01-09 11:18 PM
    I am able to change between multitap to full qwerty when I'm using opera. I'm running .99

03-01-09 11:18 PM
    I really doubt it would make a difference

And there has been a similar question asked about the password input. My response was to rotate that beautiful screen

03-01-09 11:19 PM
    Certain fields use certain keyoard layouts, there is no way you'd type in a PW in suretype.
    03-01-09 11:25 PM
    Coming from someone who has some knowledge of power to IC components here is what I will tell you.

Pull the battery (which on a Storm is very low current) and wait about 10 seconds for the capacitors on the system board to drain. You have now cleared all volatile RAM storage. Or pull the battery and while the battery is out of the device try to turn it ON. By pressing the power on button you will instantly drain all stored capacitor charges and you can immediately put your battery back in and go from there. No need to wait 30 seconds.

If you want to see proof of what I say, turn off your home PC ... pull the power cord out of the wall .. press the ON power button while watching the power indicator light ... you will actually see the power-on light come on for 1 - 3 seconds depending on the PC's motherboard design before going out again. That is the stored capacitor charge trying to fire. This is the way to GUARANTEE you have cleared volatile RAM on a PC to resolve issues that a warm boot doesn't fix.
    03-02-09 12:55 AM
    For the second question: if you hit the BB key then scroll down and then select something like' full keyboard'

03-02-09 01:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD