Several posters refer to a colored dot on the storm2 box. Please explain what we need to look for? What is the significance of best buy taking the storm off the shelves? Thanks!
    Gene

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-07-10 12:38 PM
    The dot means nothing. Don't stress over it.
    05-07-10 12:48 PM
    The dot means nothing. Don't stress over it.
    Geez one poster was taking his new storm back because the dot wasn't the right color! I just thought something was up!

05-07-10 01:03 PM
    As far as the dots are concerned: many users were complaining about problems with the screen locking up and not clicking, particularly the bottom four buttons. RIM issued devices with some updated hardware under the screen and placed a green dot on the box. If you have no problems with your device's screen there's no reason to worry about it. Mine was built in October 2009 as was my wife's Storm2 and we've had no problems and no reason to have them replaced. If you are getting ready to buy a S2 then you should get the new updated version so no worries there either.

The yellow dot apparently means the device was shipped with .320 OS but was updated to .607 prior to sale.

As far as the significance of Best Buy pulling the S2: I don't really see any. Big box stores such as Best Buy are constantly updating and refreshing their inventory to prepare for other newer devices. There are several Android devices coming out and maybe the S2 isn't their best seller so they want to make room for other devices. Remember, Best Buy may be a Verizon authorized dealer, but they don't deal exclusively in cell phones or even exclusively in VZW phones. That is why they are still available on the website, but are being moved out of the brick-and-mortar stores. Just my opinion though.

Last edited by Mr. Orange 645; 05-07-10 at 01:46 PM.
    05-07-10 01:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD