Does anyone know if it is possiable to have to phone numbers connected to the strom, one for work and one for personal
    11-25-08 09:50 AM
    nope, you would have to add a line , get another phone number unlock your sim have one number gsm based and the other normal.
    11-25-08 09:53 AM
    thanks for the quick reply, i need to keep my work and personal phone the seperate, but i was told that if i could hook up two numbers that my company would pay for one phone number and data and then i would just need to pay the second phone number, o well i just have to carry both BBs then. thanks again!!!!
    11-25-08 09:57 AM
    thanks for the quick reply, i need to keep my work and personal phone the seperate, but i was told that if i could hook up two numbers that my company would pay for one phone number and data and then i would just need to pay the second phone number, o well i just have to carry both BBs then. thanks again!!!!
    Don't discount it yet. I read something in the user guide about having 2 phone numbers on the storm. Double check the user guide first then call Verizon armed with whatever knowledge you glean from there.
    11-25-08 10:03 AM
    I know that this isn't the most elegant solution - but couldn't you get another line with a very cheap phone (free) and then set it up to permanently call forward to your BB?
    11-25-08 10:06 AM
    yah good idea ^^^^ that too would cost yah 10 bucks a month bout would pretty much act as a router for you blackberry storm
    11-25-08 10:09 AM
    hold off on that. I had the same situation but i don't get many calls on my work cell phone. Even though the 2 numbers/phones are with Verizon the in-network (free calls) will not apply. Any call to that number that you forward to your Storm will count as a regular inbound call to your Storm. Not only will it eat the minutes from the work line but also on your storm. If the call originates from a Verizon cell phone then you would only be paying for the minutes on the
    Storm though. Bottom line is that your personnel account will be the one eating up minutes for your business calls so you would need to cut a deal with your company to help increase your minutes on your plan. Good luck with that. Also note that if you call a customer back, they will see your number not your work cell #
    11-25-08 10:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD