out of no where in the past 4-5 weeks the battery has completely taken a sh*t and the .713 i think has it worse. got all the lil tricks done to conserve life, nothing's improved. not even going 24 hours anymore before charging. about to buy a new battery and see if it's the actual battery or phone.
    06-28-10 04:10 PM
    nothing wrong with 713, compared to 607 or 320, so put that out of your mind.

You either have a bad battery or some (cr)app causing a problem. and I've got a question: is the 2% in 10 minutes continuing at that rate for more than a hour or two?
    06-28-10 04:12 PM
    I've found that if you take the phone off the charger within a few minutes of the battery reaching 100%, it initially drops down much faster and settles down after 10 minutes or so, even with zero/little use; vs. if you let it sit on the charger for a few hours.

I agree with dave1812. How's the discharge rate over a few hours?
    06-28-10 04:30 PM
    I keep telling people charge the battery at LEAST an hour or more, past when the icon shows it is "full". The initial indication that the battery is fully charged, is ALWAYS a LIE. What I just said applies tp when the green LED comes on, when the phone is turned "off". The moment it turns green is NOT the time to remove it from the charger. If you people with battery complaints don't LISTEN, you will forever ***** about battery life.

(I like to charge it at least 90 minutes or more, past the false indication the battery is full, but at least going for an hour will help quite a bit)

[off my soapbox...for now]
    06-28-10 04:49 PM
    Another possibility--do you use Google Sync for your calendar? I had constant data activity (churning) and fast battery drain. I uninstalled it...and the churning stopped.

I reloaded .713 without all the apps, and added them back one at a time...Google Sync again caused nearly constant data activity (after a calendar sync was completed). I uninstalled it, and now it is fine. I'm very suspicious...

By the way, I am a big fan of Google Sync, it is the reason I bought my first BB, and I've never had this kind of problem. I wonder if this is a consequence of the "fix" google made to Google Sync last week...when no one's calendars were syncing correctly?

Anyone else?

Gary
    06-28-10 04:54 PM
    Another possibility--do you use Google Sync for your calendar? I had constant data activity (churning) and fast battery drain. I uninstalled it...and the churning stopped.

I reloaded .713 without all the apps, and added them back one at a time...Google Sync again caused nearly constant data activity (after a calendar sync was completed). I uninstalled it, and now it is fine. I'm very suspicious...

By the way, I am a big fan of Google Sync, it is the reason I bought my first BB, and I've never had this kind of problem. I wonder if this is a consequence of the "fix" google made to Google Sync last week...when no one's calendars were syncing correctly?

Anyone else?

Gary
    I haven't had ANY issues with G S causing a battery drain. It's been on the last several OS loads that I've had. Works fine. Biggest drain I ever had was Latitude! that was a sure-fire battery killer.

Having said that, I don't sync contacts--just calendar appts.
    06-28-10 05:07 PM
    I haven't had ANY issues with G S causing a battery drain. It's been on the last several OS loads that I've had. Works fine. Biggest drain I ever had was Latitude! that was a sure-fire battery killer.

Thanks for the feedback.

I don't sync contacts either...and I've never had a battery drain problem before. Which version of Google Sync are you using?

Thanks,
    Gary
    06-28-10 05:33 PM
    thanks for the feedback.

I don't sync contacts either...and i've never had a battery drain problem before. Which version of google sync are you using?

Thanks,
    gary

------------
    06-28-10 05:45 PM

------------
    Thanks,

Current version is 0.7.3

I'm really suspicious. I'm going to look for an older version and see if that fixes it.

Gary
    06-28-10 05:53 PM
    Thanks,

Current version is 0.7.3

I'm really suspicious. I'm going to look for an older version and see if that fixes it.

Gary
    I think I'll pass on the new one until I hear some feedback from several folks using it. "new" as you know, isn't always better.
    06-28-10 06:01 PM
    I take my phone off charge in the morning... about four hours later with no use I take it out of my holster and only down 1%. Battery is my old one from Storm 1... abt 2 years old.... just letting you know my personal find.
    06-30-10 06:45 AM
    I was experiencing severe battery drain after updating. I reloaded the software, this time without extra programs, deleted the calendar data, and added everything to the phone via ota downloads...Now it is fine--maybe better than ever, certainly no worse. This includes google sync (the newest version) which was causing a lot of data churn before I reloaded everything.

One nice thing about the new google sync is that it goes out 52 weeks. Maybe this has been true for a while, but it is new for me.

Gary
    06-30-10 08:46 AM

i thought you always said you dont use "ANY" apps
    07-01-10 09:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD