my connection keeps going from 1XEV to 1xev which means i lose my data coverage....

im on the regular .75 software, the only thing that gets it back to connect to data is a battery pull.... Mobile Network is set to 1XEV, any idea why only a battery pull fixes it? is it a problem with the phone or network? it only happens once every day or two....thx
    01-14-09 10:59 PM
    why do you loose data coverage in 1xev? Just means you are going from 3G to non 3G (1XEV > 1xev), AFAIK.
    01-14-09 11:06 PM
    check out verizons coverage map to see if your in there 3G coverage areas. Could be the phone, or could be ur just not getting reception. if you figure out that there are certain 3G-less spots. then thats ur problem. if not, then it could be ur phone.
    01-14-09 11:08 PM
    Since it's happening once an day and is resolved with a battery pull, it sounds like it may be your device. Call customer service and talk to tech support and they'll get you sorted out.
    01-14-09 11:09 PM
    my connection keeps going from 1XEV to 1xev which means i lose my data coverage....

im on the regular .75 software, the only thing that gets it back to connect to data is a battery pull.... Mobile Network is set to 1XEV, any idea why only a battery pull fixes it? is it a problem with the phone or network? it only happens once every day or two....thx
    I had that problem once or twice on .75 too. Not sure if it's the software or what but the CS rep I talked to said she had heard from a few people with the same problem. She only suggested battery pulls or switching from Global to 1xEV (Non global) and then back (In the connections management area of the settings screen).
    01-15-09 12:22 AM

why do you loose data coverage in 1xev? Just means you are going from 3G to non 3G (1XEV > 1xev), AFAIK.
    OK.....going from 1XEV to 1xev means that you are losing the connection to the BIS servers, not that you are losing data coverage fully or you're going from 3G to non-3G.

What this means is that you won't be able to access the blackberry browser or get your email pushed to your device. You can however, use Opera or the Gmail application.

When you lose 3G, it will move from 1XEV or 1xev to 1X or 1x.
    01-15-09 12:28 AM
    fyi - ran into this today. Don't need to do a battery pull to fix it.

For me, I just went to "manage connections", turned off the radios, then turned them back on.

Presto - 1XEV.
    01-15-09 12:34 AM
    Sorry but this is incorrect. 1XEV is 3G, 1X is non 3g, 1xev is no data on the 3g network, and 1x is no data on non 3g.
    01-15-09 01:06 AM
    Yeah its kinda weird, i just got that today too. I did the "manage connection" thing the 1XEV came back but it is still SUPER slow, it doesn't even open the website i want to go to.
    01-15-09 01:14 AM
    OK.....going from 1XEV to 1xev means that you are losing the connection to the BIS servers, not that you are losing data coverage fully or you're going from 3G to non-3G.

What this means is that you won't be able to access the blackberry browser or get your email pushed to your device. You can however, use Opera or the Gmail application.

When you lose 3G, it will move from 1XEV or 1xev to 1X or 1x.
    so what is 1X i get it sometimes
    Last edited by flyboiz08; 01-15-09 at 02:21 AM. Reason: didnt read far enough
    01-15-09 02:20 AM
    sorry didnt read far enough disregard this post
    01-15-09 02:21 AM
    Had it happen once to me. I think I was in an area of poor coverage

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-15-09 07:33 AM
    Sorry but this is incorrect. 1XEV is 3G, 1X is non 3g, 1xev is no data on the 3g network, and 1x is no data on non 3g.
    Yep that is correct...

Buy a clue before you post incorrect info.
    01-15-09 07:51 AM
    You might try a PRL update....

Call *228, press Send. Select Option 2 to "update your Roaming Capabilities" and let the update apply. The Storm may reset, depending on the update. This may help
    01-15-09 08:36 AM
    You might try a PRL update....

Call *228, press Send. Select Option 2 to "update your Roaming Capabilities" and let the update apply. The Storm may reset, depending on the update. This may help
    Best advice in this thread.
    01-15-09 08:48 AM
    You must reregister your Host Routing Table number.
    01-15-09 10:38 AM
    Ive done the host routing tables and shutting the radio on and off a million times, never fixes the problem when it happens....

only a battery pull gets me back to 1XEV, and im located in manhattan so its not a coverage problem. sometimes i get spotty coverage in certain rooms at my place, but thats about it...
    01-15-09 03:20 PM
    If I misread the above posts, please forgive me, however:

I STAY on 1x (I live in an extended coverage area). Its slow, but I still have complete data and I still have BIS service.

But the same problem comes up every now and then, and it always has; no matter what version I had installed. SOMETIMES, if I lose coverage, then get it back, I have to do a battery pull to get data back. Voice works, just no data until the phone gets reset. And again, this problem is intermittent and only occurs when coverage is lost then regained. I just assumed its something I have to live with ~sigh~
    01-15-09 03:56 PM
    My original storm (Canada, 12/24/08, .75) never had the problem; I purchased it January 2nd. Replacement storm (Mexico, 01/06/09, .75) was received 01/14/08 and had the problem the OP described that evening. Its too early to tell if it was just a fluke or not, will post if it happens again.

I live approximately 1 mile from the closest verizon tower. I did PRL updates on both phones right when I got them. On the replacement storm I had with the issue, I was surfing the web when the connection went from 1XEV to 1xev. I thought the phone had kicked the bucket so I dialed voicemail to see and it worked. No data though, had to use quickpull (reset) to get data back.
    01-15-09 04:13 PM
    This happened to me too, a few times now. I notice it happens when I drop out of service completely (the subway, a tunnel,etc). When this happens, I will go to 1xev (lowercase). I cannot get bbm, facebook, web, or email. The phone will still make calls,etc. I did the manage connections on and off, and that doesnt fix it. Only thing that fixes it is a battery pull.

My phone has been pretty top notch besides this...kind of stinks.
    01-26-09 11:44 PM
    this keeps happening to me... ARGG wtf ist he problem
    02-01-09 04:41 AM
    Did a .103 upgrade. With .99, always had 1XEV, now only have 1X (no ev or EV). Tried all of above ideas. Any additional suggestions?
    02-12-09 11:02 AM
    Try reloading the service books.
    02-12-09 02:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD