This is a rant, I've waited long enough LOL. The Storm is the most hated thing I own, even 1.5 years after it came out.

RIM, I will switch to an iPhone as soon as Verizon supports it. You ruined your reputation as a business tool provided, and I'm bitter about it.

Your OS constantly misses commands, is constantly slow and laggy, it "suggests" words that are incorrect when typing even if what I typed is a correct word (this is one of the most insane... I type "on" and no matter what, the stupid phone decides I meant "in," and it's maddening).

Shame, shame, shame on your company for getting me stuck with a POS for so long! I tried the Storm in the store when if first came out and thought "wow, people broke this one is just 2 days."

Now I know... nope, that's just how the Storm works!

Rant off, until I feel like ranting again.
    06-07-10 03:48 PM
    Shame shame shame on you for not buying a different phone when you were po'd. The only person to be po'd at is the one staring you back in the mirror.
    06-07-10 03:51 PM
    ... and what's funnier is my friends who got one against my recommendations, and now are stuck with all the problems I am. What where they thinking?

Another point: Since when has capitalism allowed for such horrible products to be just put into the hands of consumers, without any real knowledge of what will happen after? I mean how did so many people get sucked into "oh, a touch screen" and pay hundreds for a near unusable piece of crap? Just so RIM could go finance how to actually write a new OS that might work? I can't imagine if one of my start ups could sell a pile a crap to finance a working product and actually get away with it.

Perhaps I need to adjust my idea of ethics and products.

Or perhaps phones should be required to run at mission-critical reliability, or parent companies are fined for every crash and error as if one of our astronauts died. This would make me so much happier. Who gives a crap about twitter, make it respond when you press the freakin button!!!

... obviously I wasn't done....LOL.
    06-07-10 03:53 PM
    Hah, blaming me for keeping a phone under contract. For not sending back to RIM's CEO and saying "no thanks," yes I will take some blame. To their entire organization for releasing it, I blame them.

Defend not sh*t, else ye be lowered to sh*t's level.

Let the Storm defense group launch it's rhetoric program! Mirrors be exactly what I despise, alongstside the smoke and hot air of marketing fluff of new-age proportion with nothing but sh*t underneath!
    06-07-10 03:55 PM
    I will say this for the storm, it was a durable mother. I must've dropped it a hundred times, and it never broke. Unlike my new love, which couldn't survive a day at the winery.

http://forum.androidcentral.com/goog...et-prince.html

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-07-10 06:04 PM
    my dad also has the storm and hates it, and the new iphone came out today but not for verizon :/
    06-07-10 06:51 PM
    my dad also has the storm and hates it, and the new iphone came out today but not for verizon :/
    IPhone 4g comes out on the 24th.

06-07-10 07:09 PM
    I feel your pain dude, or should I say I felt it. One too many times my phone froze with the damn watch when I needed it most. I tossed it to the curb, and picked up an Eris for 200 bucks. Yeah it's not perfect, but it is so much more responsive the Storm in every way. Save your sanity and buy an android phone on craigslist. I was able to resell my storm for 150, so the cost of avoiding another 8 months of headaches was only 50 bucks.
    06-07-10 07:36 PM
    IPhone 4g comes out on the 24th.

Are people betting this will be Verizon compatible, or what else will that means, ATT's new 4G network is supposed to be slightly improved or something else?
    06-07-10 07:55 PM
    No it wont be available on Verizon. The 4g in the name doesnt refer to a 4g network, actually, but the fact that its the fourth generation of iPhone. It will get hspa 7.2 just like the 3gs.

06-08-10 01:33 AM
    This is a rant, I've waited long enough LOL. The Storm is the most hated thing I own, even 1.5 years after it came out.
    I've had mine almost as long as you... and it is really said how much time I have put into download new updates and hybrids in the hopes that the STORM might start magically funcintioning as promised.

RIM, I will switch to an iPhone as soon as Verizon supports it.
    I think there are many that would love to see the iPhone on Verizon (except for RIM, HTC and Microsoft). But despite all the rumors, I don't see it happings this year...

You ruined your reputation as a business tool provided, and I'm bitter about it.
    As a business tool I think RIM does what they promise for the most part, and they still have the best tool for email. But I would like to see them support PDF and OFFICE without 3rd party applications that require upgrades.

That said their browser is almost unless, and even with a 3rd party browser the surfing the Internet is more like paddling in mud.

Your OS constantly misses commands, is constantly slow and laggy, it "suggests" words that are incorrect when typing even if what I typed is a correct word (this is one of the most insane... I type "on" and no matter what, the stupid phone decides I meant "in," and it's maddening).
    RIM's OS is dated, it may be the most secure in the world.... but how many of us are worried about someone being interested in hacking our phone??

Shame, shame, shame on your company for getting me stuck with a POS for so long! I tried the Storm in the store when if first came out and thought "wow, people broke this one is just 2 days."
    I now a lot people that bought STORMS from Verizon, because they wanted an iPhone, and Verizon told them that the STORM was better. RIM and Verizon should have admitted that the S1 was flawed, and offered free upgrades to all S1 users... In the long run I believe that the S1 is going to hurt RIM. Once ALL those S1 users become eligible for upgrades... I don't believe the S2 or S3 are going to even be considered unless they are company phones and the company still requires BB.

Now I know... nope, that's just how the Storm works!
    I will say that I am much happier with my STORM running on .519 - I have always had problems with dropped call and no data service at home. But .519 has GREATLY improved my reception and allowed me to actually use my phone now... just like all the non STORM users in my house.
    06-09-10 02:29 PM
    My storm works well enough to troll while on the crapper... And that's good enough for me. I bet I could out troll any droid dbag from the can, one handed, even with my 'inferior' phone. Bring it.

06-10-10 08:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD