Not even an hour ago I was at my local Verizon Wireless store checking out the Storm. I live in a city about 70 miles North of Seattle, Washington called Bellingham. It's a fair sized city, and didn't expect our local store(s) to get many Storms. I was shocked to find out that our local mall received 40 Storms, and was sold out by 8am this morning. Both CSR's that I spoke to said that people have been coming in all day checking out the demo phones, and asking questions about the Storm. I had a chance to play with two different devices, and here is my review below.

PS: I'm an addict at age 16. I got my first Blackberry when I was 14 or 15 and it was a 8830 WE. Ever since I've been addicted. I will be getting my Blackberry Storm December 5th.

Note: Both devices I played around with were running 4.7.0.65!

Browser: First thing I went to when I picked up the phone(s) was the browser. I do a lot of web surfing from my phone, and was stoked when I heard the Storm would feature a full HTML web browser. Typing in websites was easy, the phone itself was a little laggy, but it rendered the pages GREAT. Everything was in place, I had time to check out www.crackberry.com - PbNation - Paintball's Home Page - CNN.com - Breaking News, U.S., World, Weather, Entertainment & Video News - E46 Fanatics: 3-Series, BMW Forums, BMW Modifications, E46 BMW. The web browser was quick, and images were crisp. Overall I give it a 9/10.

Typing: I wish everyone would stop ******** about the QWERTY keyboard. Unless you have exceptionally fat fingers, you should be able to type just fine. I found myself playing with the phone all of 10 minutes before I could type almost as fast as I can with my Curve. Once again, unless you have exceptionally fat fingers, or constantly have seizures, you should be fine typing on the Storm.

Gap/Screen: This concerned me a little. I saw the first reports here at Crackberry.com speaking about a tiny gap in the screen, and when I went into the local store, I noticed exactly what everyone meant. I pointed this out to the CSR and she told me that ALL Storm's have the gap; and it's because the screen has to have room to move. Makes perfect sense to me. Stop ********: if something get's in the screen and causes it to break, you can exchange the phone under warranty and get a new one!!

Laggy-ness: I'm putting this in red, because a lot of you seem to not understand it. The phones that you have all played with in the store, have a 99.9% of running 4.7.065. This is a PRE-RELEASE Operating System. Not to mention, how many people have played with the phone before you as well? It's going to run laggy due to lack of battery pulls and a stable OS. Get over it! In the next upcoming weeks, Blackberry will release a new OS. Until then, WAIT because there is nothing you can do that's in your control.

I'm going to leave this review right here for now. If you guys wish to hear the rest of it, post and I'll finish it up when time permits. Post post post!

Edit: I guess I could have gone a little more in depth, but I'm in a time crunch. Will edit with more info when I have time.
    Last edited by Lil Blackk; 11-21-08 at 06:45 PM.
    11-21-08 06:42 PM
    Werd.

I played with one today and it was awesome. I really don't like the laggyness but maybe after the. New update comes out and they work out the bugs it'll be sweet.
    11-21-08 06:57 PM
    LoL im 16 too but i got my first BB at age 15
    11-21-08 07:14 PM
    After the new update, it'll run better. I can't wait I'll I get mine December 5th. "The New Kid" - are you getting the Storm? PM me?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-21-08 08:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD