basically the new screen flys in from the middle vs the sweeping/fading effect it had before...
    06-01-09 07:50 PM
    really REALLY of topic, but what's up with "bbwizard"...is that a CIA account? it doesn't exist...lol!
    wizard=stealthy

ninja=notsomuch

back to your original programming.
    06-01-09 07:54 PM
    i saw your before/after picture in another thread. yes you can tell its there but honestly can someone say that still doesnt look good? That is why i say its overblown issue.
    I actually did some searching and finally found the original full size, hi-res image that wallpaper was made from. I may play around with PhotoShop and see if I can reduce it to Storm size without the the banding.
    06-01-09 08:01 PM
    wizard=stealthy

ninja=notsomuch

back to your original programming.
    incorrect

wizard=cheater who uses magic
    vs.
    ninja=uses human abilities, super focus and countless hours of physical, mentual and spiritual training to achieve the optimum performance a human body can achieve.

srsly
    06-01-09 08:19 PM
    I read that it should be here soon. Anyone know of a potential leak? I want those transitions, speed, and no more color banding!!!!!!
    who cares about color banding seriously what is so annoying about it. you have to really look at the phone up to your eye i guess what people do to notice it
    06-01-09 08:33 PM
    who cares about color banding seriously what is so annoying about it. you have to really look at the phone up to your eye i guess what people do to notice it
    Um, I'm a pilot...I have 20/10 vision....I do not have to hold my storm up to my eye to notice the color banding. Color banding is annoying because, well...it shows BANDS of colors rather than a FLUID transition and therefore classified as annoying in my, and other peoples', book.
    Last edited by gafly; 06-01-09 at 08:44 PM.
    06-01-09 08:41 PM
    Seriously how does bbwizard do that with his info? His member profile shows that he has 24 posts. Whats up with that?
    06-01-09 08:51 PM
    magic...magic = cheating!
    06-01-09 08:53 PM
    Did verizon really release an OS upgrade with colour banding? Outrageous!
    This issue is SO overblown.
    06-01-09 08:53 PM
    Seriously how does bbwizard do that with his info? His member profile shows that he has 24 posts. Whats up with that?
    He's not human.
    06-01-09 08:54 PM
    Speaking of Magic. Go Orlando!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-01-09 09:01 PM
    We need to get it... *Sneaks into RIM, brings out a test Storm 9530 running .241*
    06-01-09 09:13 PM
    We need to get it... *Sneaks into RIM, brings out a test Storm 9530 running .241*
    No. Get .136. We need some 5.0 love.

06-01-09 09:18 PM
    it seems that some of the Plazmic BETA themes are having problems.
    06-01-09 09:25 PM
    color banding was on .75 too. although it is significantly more pronounced with .148 i've noticed. either way it doesn't really bother me, but it is kinda silly that they can't get the OS right.
    It's those stupid icon tiles, I tell ya............. If they weren't trying to draw a grid of tiles, and then scroll it smoothly w/o hardware acceleration; they wouldn't have to decrease the pallete of the bitmaps. Icons like the Bold's would work better.
    06-01-09 10:06 PM
    well the leaks all come from different places. .148 came from VZW testing

but they don't have anything thats gotten past lab/network to continue testing, so no leaks from VZW...i can't say for the other carriers.

and the leaks that come from Kevin...well idk where they come from.
    Dumb question Patches...... could a leak ever THEORETICALLY come straight from someone at RIM?
    06-01-09 10:09 PM
    Where did the .132 leak come from? I don't see us getting another 9530 leak soon.

Wasn't the .132 leak the "What the **** is it?" leak that no one knew the origin of?

As for getting a 9530 leak, why not? Just because .148 went official, doesn't mean VZW isn't testing other builds as we speak (and probably 5.0) - Patches said nothing has gone beyond lab/network cert. But once something passes that phase, it'll move on; and barring problems will eventually end up in friendly user testing..... And a leak will be born. This could happen via any other 9530 provider, as well. Didn't we get .122 from Bell?
    06-01-09 10:14 PM
    in the life of the storm, the following OS builds made it past lab/networ testing:

you know the results of this already...so those are the ones we got from VZW most likely...the others came from other CDMA carriers that have the 9530.
    06-01-09 10:21 PM
    They get lateral transfers away from the good stuff
    No doubt
    They are now cleaning toilets with toothbrushes at Telus, Bell, etc...
    06-01-09 11:44 PM

Looks good for color banding. Just saying.
    Yes, it does look good, but no offense, you don't have darker colors running into lighter colors. Or bright colors period. Then you truly see it......
    06-01-09 11:47 PM
    I know I sound like a broken record, and I seem to be one of the few that are vocal about it, but it is a MAJOR F*CKUP on RIM's part. It should not happen, plain and simple. Degrade the color to speed up the OS. After all of the hoopla for months before it came out and continues to be marketed as a media focused Blackberry w/ 65k colors, then all of a sudden Verizon OK's a build that breaks down the beautiful color they've been boasting about for months......bait and switch........I know I am not the only one who feels this way, but people are afraid to post about because they will get flamed.
    Well, I've got flame retardant Speedos on right now, so flame away!!!!!
    06-01-09 11:52 PM
    yes, you might get color banding fixed only to find out no themes work...yeah, thats good
    I've seen you complain about people who aren't satisfied about the color banding issue for a couple days straight now, but how is that any different from you saying that we can't use all these pretty themes any different?

If it makes the phone more functional without as many problems then its well worth it.

RIM never advertises that their phones will work marvelously with any themes besides the ones they provide for the phone.

Not trying to be a d!ck btw, just wondering....
    06-02-09 12:06 AM
    I've seen you complain about people who aren't satisfied about the color banding issue for a couple days straight now, but how is that any different from you saying that we can't use all these pretty themes any different?

If it makes the phone more functional without as many problems then its well worth it.

RIM never advertises that their phones will work marvelously with any themes besides the ones they provide for the phone.

Not trying to be a d!ck btw, just wondering....
    themes and the banding are directly related. So they give you the fix for color banding but take away the best way in which you can benefit from the color banding being gone. 1st step forward 2 steps back type of deal.

The theme issue hopefully is only this release so hopefully the next will have both working just fine.
    06-02-09 12:18 AM
    themes and the banding are directly related. So they give you the fix for color banding but take away the best way in which you can benefit from the color banding being gone. 1st step forward 2 steps back type of deal.

The theme issue hopefully is only this release so hopefully the next will have both working just fine.
    Yeah, but I'm sure for that to happen RIM will have taken something like the ability to make a phone call out of the OS lol
    06-02-09 12:34 AM
    I know I sound like a broken record, and I seem to be one of the few that are vocal about it, but it is a MAJOR F*CKUP on RIM's part. It should not happen, plain and simple. Degrade the color to speed up the OS. After all of the hoopla for months before it came out and continues to be marketed as a media focused Blackberry w/ 65k colors, then all of a sudden Verizon OK's a build that breaks down the beautiful color they've been boasting about for months......bait and switch........I know I am not the only one who feels this way, but people are afraid to post about because they will get flamed.
    Well, I've got flame retardant Speedos on right now, so flame away!!!!!
    Well not flaming on you, just wondering..... When you go to a restaurant and find things are not the way you like it..... then return to find it the same....and go again and find it not to you liking.... do you keep going back???

Or just go online and B**ch and moan about it???
    AS you say in your post "I know I sound like a broken record"

You sound worse than a broken record, you sound like someone who has found the "product" not to your liking, so change "restaurants"

No offence, but your point was valid the first time you said it, and the second...
    Beyond that, your B***hing,

Maybe you might wanna trade the flame retardant Speedo, for a bikini
    06-02-09 12:38 AM
100 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD