I doubt Verizon viewed color-banding as a "bug".

I'm sure that was initally a concious choice by Verizon to bring the color-palette down to fewer colors. It's a quick move that probably increased application speed, saved memory, and allowed for more stable builds..

-Matt
    RIM makes the OS, VZW just tests it and reports back on issues found, and then either passes for release, or fails it. and there are 3 levels of testing, the other leaks that we've seen were failed at different levels for different reasons.
    06-01-09 07:07 PM
    Where did the .132 leak come from? I don't see us getting another 9530 leak soon.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-01-09 07:07 PM
    Where did the .132 leak come from? I don't see us getting another 9530 leak soon.

Doesn't make sense.

On a lighter note, .2xx or 5.xx or bust......
    06-01-09 07:09 PM
    color banding was on .75 too. although it is significantly more pronounced with .148 i've noticed. either way it doesn't really bother me, but it is kinda silly that they can't get the OS right. i mean they really shouldn't have to be choosing between great color or faster performance. it should be top notch color and top notch performance. at least thats my opinion. i mean seriously...this is supposed to be a top of the line device.....and it's a bit of a disappointment.

agreed. but the same arguement can be made for wi-fi, graphics chips and ROFLcopters that come from behind the battery to fly you to and from work....i'm sure there are reasons for them doing the things they do. we just don't know them. RIM plays things very close to the chest.
    It seems that the guys that leaked the early OS's were eliminated. They haven't been heard from (aside from Don), in a while.
    With time.
    06-01-09 07:10 PM

another carrier i presume, if VZW had it, it didn't get past lab/network testing for whatever reason. i don't think they even had it though, it was not bad, but it wouldn't have failed at any level but friendly user that i noticed. then again, i didn't use it for very long. back then i waited to load leaks, i would run .75 mostly, then give a leak a try, then go back to .75...
    06-01-09 07:11 PM
    With time.
    Not too much time, I hope.
    06-01-09 07:11 PM
    It seems that the guys that leaked the early OS's were eliminated. They haven't been heard from (aside from Don), in a while.
    The storm is the only phone that seems to get a leak every 2 weeks. My 8830 and 8330 are lucky to see one a month.
    06-01-09 07:12 PM
    The storm is the only phone that seems to get a leak every 2 weeks. My 8830 and 8330 are lucky to see one a month.
    Yes, we have been rather lucky with leaks, but what happened to the gents that leaked them? Gone but not forgotten.....
    plus I think there are a ton more people on this site due to the Storm. Crackberry has blown up since the Storm came out.
    06-01-09 07:12 PM
    i didn't use it for very long. back then i waited to load leaks, i would run .75 mostly, then give a leak a try, then go back to .75...
    Gave that up I see....
    06-01-09 07:13 PM
    Yes, we have been rather lucky with leaks, but what happened to the gents that leaked them? Gone but not forgotten.....
    plus I think there are a ton more people on this site due to the Storm. Crackberry has blown up since the Storm came out.
    They get lateral transfers away from the good stuff
    06-01-09 07:14 PM
    Doesn't make sense.

The last leak came from Don who got it from Verizon while it was in IRL testing. There is no OS in IRL testing right now. So it is not likely to come from there. Where else will it come from?

So don't tell me I don't make sense.

06-01-09 07:14 PM
    i sit patiently waiting
    06-01-09 07:17 PM
    Gave that up I see....
    yeah, ever since .141 i've been pretty on top of things. finally an OS worth running. i ran a .141 hybrid until .148 came out, now i'm back to the stock OS. no shrink, no hybrid...but give it a week or two, nothing new comes out i'll prolly start my hybrid kick again.
    06-01-09 07:19 PM
    Have you tried it to notice it? There are only a select few here that even notice it. Nothing personal marcuswyse but you do talk about it the most....
    YUP. What's your point? Whether people talk about it or not its still there.
    06-01-09 07:21 PM
    yeah, ever since .141 i've been pretty on top of things. finally an OS worth running. i ran a .141 hybrid until .148 came out, now i'm back to the stock OS. no shrink, no hybrid...but give it a week or two, nothing new comes out i'll prolly start my hybrid kick again.
    Yup I'm sticking with .148 till something better comes along.

06-01-09 07:21 PM

Looks good for color banding. Just saying.
    06-01-09 07:22 PM
    The color banding issue is incredibly blown out of proportion with this device. I understand that it's an issue, but no device out there is perfect. Granted Verizon screwed the pooch with an early release of the Storm without a viable OS, but if the storm came out last November with .148 on it, I doubt people would be complaining about color banding. The only time I see it is when I go out of my way to look for it. I'm not saying that it's not an issue, but it's a seriously overblown issue.
    06-01-09 07:27 PM
    really REALLY of topic, but what's up with "bbwizard"...is that a CIA account? it doesn't exist...lol!
    06-01-09 07:30 PM
    It seems that the guys that leaked the early OS's were eliminated.
    Note to self...NEVER leak an OS.
    06-01-09 07:35 PM
    I know I'll get my face spanked for this one....
    But, what are these "new transitions" everybody is talking about?

I have seen lots of talk but nothing really supporting to what/how.

Thanks ladies/gents.

06-01-09 07:41 PM
    Note to self...NEVER leak an OS.
    LOL...I read Marcus's quote about eliminated...look at your Arnold Avatar...and think the Terminator got 'em. Apparently leaked OS's are threatening SkyNet.

Well, here's my theme. Because it uses Bold style icons, the banding doesn't show up at all, except in the wallpaper. I could change that to one that doesn't band, but I kinda like it even with the bands.

Attachment 26380
    06-01-09 07:43 PM
    LOL...I read Marcus's quote about eliminated...look at your Arnold Avatar...and think the Terminator got 'em. Apparently leaked OS's are threatening SkyNet.

Well, here's my theme. Because it uses Bold style icons, the banding doesn't show up at all, except in the wallpaper. I could change that to one that doesn't band, but I kinda like it even with the bands.

Attachment 26380
    i saw your before/after picture in another thread. yes you can tell its there but honestly can someone say that still doesnt look good? That is why i say its overblown issue.
    Last edited by howarmat; 06-01-09 at 07:55 PM.
    06-01-09 07:48 PM
    I know I'll get my face spanked for this one....
    But, what are these "new transitions" everybody is talking about?

I have seen lots of talk but nothing really supporting to what/how.

Thanks ladies/gents.

It is now more similar to that there iPhone do-hickey.

Cool I guess but I never really minded the current transition where it fades.
    06-01-09 07:48 PM
100 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD