Is ausch blueberry?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-01-09 06:34 PM
    I got a flux capacitor you could borrow if you have a DeLorean and 1.21 Gigawatts.

Then you can come back and let us know.
    Lets get to work. I can get the DeLorean. Have a nuclear power plant down the street.
    Yes I wear glasses. Pictures look just fine for me. I have one theme on my phone that I use and it is not present there at all. The only time I ever see it is on the default Zen theme. But it doesn't bother me there anyhow.
    Pics and vids are fine. It's the UI that get's degraded. 80% of the themes I use (especially with the light to dark transitions) are very obvious. With a **** interface, that will give more people reason to go to Apple.
    If you buy a car advertised as having 500HP, and find out it's only pushing 400HP at the crank, are you going to complain to the dealer, or are you going to call up the customer service for the car company?

Same principal, VZW sells and supports the device, they DO NOT code the OS, and considering RIM reduced the GUI color depth in .90 and didn't raise it back up, it's obviously a sacrifice they felt they had to make. Who knows if they'll bring it back in 5.0. If you want to raise ****, call RIM, not Verizon.

The banding all boils down to sacrifice, something had to be sacrificed to bring phone performance up to an acceptable level. Rewriting the OS to support OpenGL or what not wasn't an option, so they did what they had to do.

I can understand the frustration of some users, but the pros of the reduction in color depth outweigh the cons by a landslide.

And regarding semantics, Dave is incorrect, dithering isn't banding, it's what they use to prevent banding from being visible. It's when they use noise (a crapload of dots/speckles) in an image to smooth gradients and color fades. Here's a perfect example.

If RIM used dithering a little more, it might help quell some of the complaints actually.
    from
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/id...3/#post2676673
    06-01-09 06:35 PM
    Is ausch blueberry?

That's the word, bird.
    Care to elaborate, blueberry?
    As history has done it in the pass, when a 9500 leaks happens, it's not that long after that the 9530 version of that OS drops.
    I got a flux capacitor you could borrow if you have a DeLorean and 1.21 Gigawatts.

Then you can come back and let us know.
    blaise is having one of his green dreams
    06-01-09 06:37 PM
    Boo hoo boo hoo. This phone cost as much as another phone. Tired of hearing I paid good money for it. Doubt well see a leak for atleast another week.

06-01-09 06:42 PM
    I don't think it will be .151 anyways.

06-01-09 06:44 PM
    Just because the 9500 got one doesn't mean we will

06-01-09 06:46 PM
    Just because the 9500 got one doesn't mean we will

yes it does, its always been like that, whenever 9500 users get a leak, 9530 eventually gets one too, and vice versa, kevin or don usually leaks it for us
    06-01-09 06:50 PM
    Actually 9500 never got .148

06-01-09 06:52 PM
    damn another leak. Anyone know what changes are being made?
    06-01-09 06:53 PM

They got .151.
    06-01-09 06:53 PM
    im in vfx and the banding doesn't bother me. Would i like it fixed? sure!

But would i be dismayed if it were never fixed? nah. Get a decent theme and bg pic and you're fine
    06-01-09 06:54 PM

they got .151... (i said they get leaks then we do too, never said the same exact leaks...)
    No color banding, but themes have problems. And new transitions.
    you'd need the RIM or carrier change logs to see that, i think they're basically the same info. CX would be able to answer that most likely...if he wants to or not is totally different.
    06-01-09 06:55 PM
    They got .151 2 weeks after we got .148 not quite around the same time if you ask me.

06-01-09 06:56 PM
    I'm just waiting patiently for the 9530 version to come out! No word yet on whether that's happening anytime soon is there?
    06-01-09 06:58 PM
    Yes but think about how many beta OS's Verizon declined because of small problems all that were much smaller then colour banding by far I have to agree with marcuswyse on this on I would like to see colour banding gone I have become hyper aware of it's presence.
    I doubt Verizon viewed color-banding as a "bug".

I'm sure that was initally a concious choice by Verizon to bring the color-palette down to fewer colors. It's a quick move that probably increased application speed, saved memory, and allowed for more stable builds..

-Matt
    06-01-09 07:02 PM
    You guys need your eyes checked
    I don't want to pay this kind of money for a device that needs to deteriorate the color to speed up the OS. Does that really make any sense? Not at all. It's very obvious on most themes.

color banding was on .75 too. although it is significantly more pronounced with .148 i've noticed. either way it doesn't really bother me, but it is kinda silly that they can't get the OS right. i mean they really shouldn't have to be choosing between great color or faster performance. it should be top notch color and top notch performance. at least thats my opinion. i mean seriously...this is supposed to be a top of the line device.....and it's a bit of a disappointment.
    06-01-09 07:02 PM
    well the leaks all come from different places. .148 came from VZW testing

but they don't have anything thats gotten past lab/network to continue testing, so no leaks from VZW...i can't say for the other carriers.

and the leaks that come from Kevin...well idk where they come from.
    06-01-09 07:03 PM
    Boo hoo boo hoo. This phone cost as much as another phone. Tired of hearing I paid good money for it. Doubt well see a leak for atleast another week.

True, but this phone shouldn't have dumbass simple issues like this one. BTW, have you not heard the ads boasting about the amazing screen/color? I PAID GOOD MONEY FOR THAT MOOSE!
    Last edited by marcuswyse; 06-01-09 at 07:06 PM.
    06-01-09 07:04 PM
    color banding was on .75 too. although it is significantly more pronounced with .148 i've noticed. either way it doesn't really bother me, but it is kinda silly that they can't get the OS right. i mean they really shouldn't have to be choosing between great color or faster performance. it should be top notch color and top notch performance. at least thats my opinion. i mean seriously...this is supposed to be a top of the line device.....and it's a bit of a disappointment.
    +1.........
    06-01-09 07:05 PM
100 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD