I see so many threads talking about issues CB Members have had with .148 I wanted to comment on my results.
    For me .148 has been pretty much flawless I've had no battery, memory or signal issues or fluctuation, as well as no problems with the media player.
    I am running the stock theme and 3 apps and would consider myself a moderate user of my Storm for messaging, emails and phone.

Todays Stats:
    According to meterberry I fired up my Storm this morning at 5:52am and at 4:34pm I have 90% battery left, battery temp is 76* and average discharge rate 0.9%, 45.6MB of free memory and my Signal is at -80 dBm.

Anyone else have similar results?
    06-10-09 04:40 PM
    Do this if you have a bunch of songs on your media card:
    Open media> menu options > turn audio boost on

Go to all songs > menu shuffle

Menu equalizer pick any one

While listening through headphone jack press the end key to bring up home screen

Lock your phone

It won't be long before after one song finishes that the next one begins playing muted

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-10-09 04:53 PM

While listening through headphone jack press the end key to bring up home screen

Lock your phone

It won't be long before after one song finishes that the next one begins playing muted

blaisedinsd
    Followed what you said above and the next song just started playing at the same sound level no issues with it playing muted
    06-10-09 05:55 PM
    That's hilarious...some guy is trying to make your phone break and it keeps on working perfectly. I love it!!!

It's a great phone and a great OS.

Grey
    06-10-09 09:37 PM
    Well I have noticed that issue with the .78 OS as well. Granted not even with that many particular settings. I have no equalizer on and I don't set it on shuffle. I just play music and occationally it plays the next song muted. Granted I use an Aux cord in my car (Pumpin BASS If ya know what I mean) So It goes on and off with my car. That may be creating an issue with it, but to get to the point I believe this is an issue with the storm.
    06-10-09 10:31 PM
    Of course. It doesn't happen every time. Listen to 10 songs and tell me if it you never have a muted song.

06-10-09 10:35 PM
    Works fine for me. Aux cable in my car for music thru stereo...

06-10-09 11:17 PM
    i have listened to hundreds of songs on all OS's and NEVER had a muted song!
    06-10-09 11:20 PM
    i have listened to hundreds of songs on all OS's and NEVER had a muted song!
    Same here.
    06-10-09 11:28 PM
    On .148 while the song is playing with audio boost on, equalizer on, shuffle on, with the song playing in the background with the phone locked?

I am talking straight 148 or 141, some hybrids fix the issue. I never had it in the car because I didn't lock the phone or multi task while playing music.

Test it for awhile and come back, don't just go off memory. I have confirmed this bug on multiple units and know it happens on straight 148

The MMS bug supposedly didn't effect some units I am interested if this bug is the same. Sorry if I think most people who say they don't have it simply haven't adequately tested it.

06-10-09 11:56 PM
    Just did that all without a headset- no problem.

06-11-09 12:13 AM
    Out of curiosity what's the difference between audio boost and just turning the volume up? I did this test as described, (with headphones) and I have 44 tracks in my player, no mute problems yet after about half a dozen played.
    06-11-09 09:24 AM
    On .148 while the song is playing with audio boost on, equalizer on, shuffle on, with the song playing in the background with the phone locked?

I am talking straight 148 or 141, some hybrids fix the issue. I never had it in the car because I didn't lock the phone or multi task while playing music.

Test it for awhile and come back, don't just go off memory. I have confirmed this bug on multiple units and know it happens on straight 148

The MMS bug supposedly didn't effect some units I am interested if this bug is the same. Sorry if I think most people who say they don't have it simply haven't adequately tested it.

blaisedinsd - Tested this today at the gym while on the treadmill and I listened to at least 12 to 15 songs without an issue sorry but I could not replicate this issue that you are having.
    06-11-09 10:33 AM
    That's hilarious...some guy is trying to make your phone break and it keeps on working perfectly. I love it!!!

It's a great phone and a great OS.

Grey
    Likewise it doesn't happen on my storm. .148 works smoothly and glitch free for me except for that one sound profile bug that will eventually get fixed too .

I can't wait for the future OS's; if the storm is this good now, imagine what is in store for us soon!!!

06-11-09 10:37 AM
    Just did that all without a headset- no problem.

Well it has to be with a headset I am pretty sure, or at least through the 3.5mm output (although some reports of this happening with BT as well).

The audio boost allows you to have a louder maximum volume Jeff.

And what sound profile bug are you talking about kb5zht? There are no sound profile issues that I am aware of.

That is one thing to when testing for the mutebug, make sure your sound profile is not set to vibrate or silent, set it to something that has audible alerts.

Hmmm, that's interesting you have not run in to the problem pounder. I am not 100% sure you have to have all those conditions but your telling me you had audio boost on, the equalizer turned on, shuffle turned on, sent the playing song to the background by bringing up the home screen, and then locked the phone and did not have to change volume or stop/start any songs because they all played at a perfect consistent volume? Is that what you are telling me man? Well is it? Is it? Please continue to listen to music in this condition to verify your unit does not have this issue in the interest of the 9530 crackberry community. Thank you.... (was your sound profile silent or vibrate pounder?)
    Last edited by blaisedinsd; 06-11-09 at 10:50 AM.
    06-11-09 10:41 AM
    blaisedinsd
    Everything was set exactly as you posted and again today I had no issues listening to songs - my sound profile is set to normal not silent or vibrate.
    All of my Storm music came from my itunes files and was loaded via BB's Media Sync - I listen to my music using my ipod head phones
    06-12-09 08:08 AM
    need help. i get a fatal error message and cant upload anything on my phone. i think theres something wrong with my Desktop manager.
    06-12-09 08:10 AM
    also i lost my third party apps when i tried doing my last upgrade from the .141 to the .148. but its still stuck on the .141
    06-12-09 08:13 AM
    blaisedinsd
    Everything was set exactly as you posted and again today I had no issues listening to songs - my sound profile is set to normal not silent or vibrate.
    All of my Storm music came from my itunes files and was loaded via BB's Media Sync - I listen to my music using my ipod head phones
    Are you talking about the Roxio Media manager in Desktop Manager?

I usually just drag and drop my files in Mass Storage mode.

Are your music files actually purchased from Itunes? What kind of compression do they have .mp3 .m4A? Do they have varying bitrates? Do the files all get placed in music folder or are they in Sub-Folders? I have a mish mash all dumped in the music folder with no sub folders. Another thing, do have all your songs tagged so that they display artist, track, album info along with artwork?

I want to try to recreate your settings as closely as possible to see if the issue goes away so that hopefully we can figure out what causes it. This mute bug drives me and many others crazy. Thanks for your help.
    06-12-09 08:46 AM
    Are you talking about the Roxio Media manager in Desktop Manager?

I usually just drag and drop my files in Mass Storage mode.

Are your music files actually purchased from Itunes? What kind of compression do they have .mp3 .m4A? Do they have varying bitrates? Do the files all get placed in music folder or are they in Sub-Folders? I have a mish mash all dumped in the music folder with no sub folders. Another thing, do have all your songs tagged so that they display artist, track, album info along with artwork?

I want to try to recreate your settings as closely as possible to see if the issue goes away so that hopefully we can figure out what causes it. This mute bug drives me and many others crazy. Thanks for your help.
    No I did not and do not use Roxio - I would say 95% of my music on my storm came from my itunes files from my ipod touch. Not sure on some of your questions but my music is broken out into folders and yes all songs are tagged to display artist and album artwork.
    06-12-09 08:56 AM

Lock your phone

Don't forget to rub your head and belly at the same time, then click your heels together three times while repeating "there is no place like home", then rub your lucky rabbits foot, light incense, begin meditation and you'll then see if your phone still plays.... sheesh, looks like the guy was just trying to find a way to get a glitch, can't imagine that anyone does the sequence he outlined above, ever
    06-12-09 09:01 AM
    Actually many people are effected by this mute bug.

At it's core anytime the music is not running in the front the next song may begin playing muted.

This basically completely ruins the ability to put the phone in your pocket and listen to music through your headphones, a pretty basic task. I am just giving all the settings various users have mentioned they suspect make the issue at least happen more frequently.

I am going to try to download BB Media Sync and sync directly from Itunes and see what happens.....
    06-12-09 09:09 AM
    My sound profile is set to vibe-only, I listened for almost 2 hours under the exact conditions and every song played normally.
    06-12-09 10:24 AM
    Think this happened to me last weekend. After the end of a song I'd hear nothing . If I tapped the pause/mute button onmy head set then it would play.

I have my device password protected, has that been ruled out yet as that was the most recent change I made?
    06-12-09 10:35 AM
    I just did a wipe, formatted my media card, installed .148, used BB media sync to sync Itunes.

Second song started playing muted while the phone was locked.

I now turned my profile to vibrate only and am hoping this workaround does the trick.

Kind of sucks though because that's what we used to have to do for the audioboost bug before .148 fixed it and now, if this works, we will still have to remember to turn off sounds...

Well as I was typing this the next song started muted even with vibrate only.....(hah third song too, 3 for 3 on mutes, BB media sync maybe made it worse LOL)

I'll try a reset and go vibrate as maybe this bug can only be cleared the way the auidoboost bug was.....

Nope....reset the phone with vibrate only sound profile....second song started muted. To anyone who is not having the issue, what type of media files are you using and what method did you use to put them on. Are your songs from the same source, same type, same bit rate etc..?

I replied to Verizon techs support that their suggestions did not fix this issue (their reply to me on this issue is in my media player thread linked in my Sig), if this does not happen on all devices I am going to press them to give me a new phone since this is official software it is their responsibility to fix.
    Last edited by blaisedinsd; 06-12-09 at 11:00 AM.
    06-12-09 10:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD