Bear in mind, I am a total "noob" as you'd say. I don't know how this happened, I just need help.

I downloaded the upgrade and it was installing via the Desktop Manager. Near the end I got an error message saying the "multi-part upload" or something like that failed. Now my phone just has a tiny window crossed out on it, under which it says "Reload Software: 507." And to top it all off, after the install failed the Desktop Manager immediately stopped recognizing it as a BlackBerry, and so I can't uploaded the backed up stuff back onto it.

If someone knows how to fix this, and I'm hoping the wise people here at CrackBerry do, I'd really appreciate it.
    06-01-09 11:20 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/in...source-213706/

o n i believe 507 error is when u have no os on ur phone, just download an os onto ur phone via dm and u should be good to go
    Last edited by DriftDevil; 06-01-09 at 11:42 PM.
    06-01-09 11:39 PM
    Quick, someone call Oilersboy in here. He seemed to be under the ridiculous understanding that only leaked OSs do this.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-01-09 11:47 PM
    I don't know how to put a new OS on via the download manager, since the download manager doesn't recognize the phone when its plugged in.
    06-02-09 12:03 AM
    Leave the battery out of the phone to start the dm. Put it back in when it says erasing applications about 2 min in.

06-02-09 12:06 AM
    Quick, someone call Oilersboy in here. He seemed to be under the ridiculous understanding that only leaked OSs do this.

OOOhhh that's gonna leave a mark!!!! Hehe. Bammm!
    Nice call out Civic.
    06-02-09 12:07 AM
    I don't know how to put a new OS on via the download manager, since the download manager doesn't recognize the phone when its plugged in.
    Might try to unplug the phone and plug it back in let your PC reinstall the drivers.
    06-02-09 12:09 AM
    Without the battery it still doesn't recognize the phone. All I get is when I click on the "None" for "Device Connected" and go to the connection type sometimes it says my BB's PIN, or just a PIN of 0. But the dm doesn't let me access either, and still says "none." And I've unplugged it, restarted the computer, and no change.
    06-02-09 03:58 PM
    Time to try a different USB port (don't use a hub), different USB cable, even a different computer with reinstalled DM to eliminate all the other possible points of failure. If it still fails to detect the phone you might be looking at a hardware fault.
    06-02-09 04:13 PM
    Ok, I switched USB ports, and got a new DM installed. Now when it says "None" I can click on it, and it has my PIN there. Yet when I click on that PIN and go back to the DM it still says "None." What the **** is with that? I don't suppose I have much choice now but to make Verizon fix it, but I didn't want to do that and lose all the stuff already on my phone.
    06-06-09 12:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD