I upgraded yesterday from a .114 hybrid and now have several problems:
    several apps no longer on device and are not available in any fashion via dm - brick breaker, word mole, app center -

also none of my reset softwares will work (quickpull, soft reset, quick launch 2.x reset)

also get an error when trying to run app loader update software

I installed .148 via dm from the BB site, not verizon. first it gave me an error, but just clicked on it again and then it worked, as suggested in an earlier post.

So, would i lose the apps from installing the bb version vs the verizon version? is there any way to fix other than wiping the phone and starting over? If a wipe is necessary, should i be able to load a fresh .148 and not have to load an earlier version first?

thanks
    06-02-09 07:31 AM
    several apps no longer on device and are not available in any fashion via dm - brick breaker, word mole, app center -

also none of my reset softwares will work (quickpull, soft reset, quick launch 2.x reset)

I installed .148 via dm from the BB site, not verizon. first it gave me an error, but just clicked on it again and then it worked, as suggested in an earlier post.

So, would i lose the apps from installing the bb version vs the verizon version? is there any way to fix other than wiping the phone and starting over? If a wipe is necessary, should i be able to load a fresh .148 and not have to load an earlier version first?

thanks
    Doesn't sound like it worked right, sorry about that. There is no difference where you get the .148 update from. Wiping should definitely fix it, and you don't need to load an earlier version first. Did you backup your 3rd party apps before you updated the first time? (There's a main thread about this) If so, try restoring that backup after you re-load .148. Doesn't sound like any backups you make of your phone right now will be worthwhile later, so just re-load .148 and restore your previous backups.
    06-02-09 07:40 AM

thanks
    Looks like you have failed load. You might need to do a data- wipe.

148 beta and 148 VZW official are the same. Back-up your storm to save any of your data and third party apps, but change the name of the folders so that you will know that the back up files are from this install.

Wipe your phone and you will go back your initial settings and from there just do a reload again using you dm.

Good luck

Hope this helps
    Last edited by Ronindan; 06-02-09 at 07:44 AM.
    06-02-09 07:41 AM
    Doesn't sound like it worked right, sorry about that. There is no difference where you get the .148 update from. Wiping should definitely fix it, and you don't need to load an earlier version first. Did you backup your 3rd party apps before you updated the first time? (There's a main thread about this) If so, try restoring that backup after you re-load .148. Doesn't sound like any backups you make of your phone right now will be worthwhile later, so just re-load .148 and restore your previous backups.
    You said it better
    06-02-09 07:45 AM
    Thanks guys - i'll give that a shot
    06-02-09 08:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD