No problems at all! I was running .113 and downloaded .148 through DM..(knock on wood!)
    06-01-09 09:50 PM
    No problems!

Terry
    06-01-09 10:00 PM
    Just upgraded with no problems at all. My storm is working better than it ever has and i am hoping it stays this way. My memory almost doubled and the full keyboard in portrait mode is a big plus. Keeping my fingers crossed that the next update is even better.
    06-02-09 12:20 AM
    When I started the download, it stalled at 56%. I tried again much later and everything was A-OK!
    No issues for me so far. Camera is way faster, and seems to unlock quicker too. Lovin' it!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-02-09 04:30 AM
    Has anyone else NOT had problems with the upgrade? I didn't have any leaked software. Just free downloads that were re-installed from the backup.
    I had no issues with the upgrade on Sunday. But yesterday, I started having problems with the Strom freezing.
    06-02-09 04:42 AM
    I upgraded thru the Wireless Update in the advanced applications menu. Took about a half hour with no problems.
    06-02-09 05:51 AM
    Has anyone else NOT had problems with the upgrade? I didn't have any leaked software. Just free downloads that were re-installed from the backup.
    I haven't had any issues.

06-02-09 05:59 AM
    No issues here. This is my third OS upgrade, each one was better and better. This OS simply rocks .

My guess is this device and this upgrade worked well for the overwhelming majority of users. Never forget it's human nature to be more likely to file complaints. Than compliments.

06-02-09 06:02 AM
    No problems upgrading 2 phones.

Quick upgrade. Programs still there. Most preferences transferred.

Definitely seems much snappier.

06-02-09 06:08 AM
    Went from .75 > .132 > 148. No issues whatsoever...minus having to reconfigure all my settings..
    06-02-09 06:28 AM
    No issues here, but I took some special precautions. I'm on a hosted BES setup (SherWeb), and every upgrade I've done in the past created two "Desktop" address books with identical entries, so the default view of my address book showed two of every entry.

I performed a full backup, ran the upgrade without selecting the backup/restore option, then selectively restored specific databases. At the end, everything I expected to have was properly in place, with no duplicate address books. Even my current theme settings were retained, which has been problematic in the past.
    06-02-09 06:34 AM
    Had major problems with the leaked version and went back to .75. Downloaded and installed from RIM Sunday afternoon. Not a problem and works better than ever. Had to reinstall Vcast but that was it. I'm running an animated theme which is a memory hog but it clears the cache when ever it needs, memory runs around 12-17 but no problems. Makes the Storm a keeper for me.
    06-02-09 06:49 AM
    It's so nice to see a thread where people say that had no problems upgrading. I updated without issue too through the leaked .148 last week. I truly believe the majority of us don't have issues and it's only handful of people who have seemed to find Crackberry as their major whining outlet.

Most of these people seemed to have brought their problems on to themselves by not being patient, not reading the "how to" on upgrading, not understanding that OTA was full to capacity so it did take all night and lack of previous OS upgrade experience.

I'm not saying that they would have had an easier experience if they had downloaded a leak. I am saying they probably would have done more homework and been more prepared i.e. backing up apps before attempting the upgrade. And if they had downloaded leaks these constant same complaints would be far less as they would have had experience and known what to do if something happened.

Again, glad to see this thread enjoy your Storm.
    06-02-09 06:58 AM
    Installed .148 on 2 Storms. One from .75 and the other from Hybrid .148. The phone with hybrid .148 was freezing up a couple times a day so decided to do a fresh stock install. Both went well, however .75 failed on the automated recovery, had to manually do recovery, but went well. Since then both phones have been stable, no issues (now on day 3 so hopefully keeps same good news).
    06-02-09 06:59 AM
    the hybrid is better than the orignal .148
    06-02-09 07:19 AM
    I had to issues whatsoever. I just plugged the storm to my pc and used dm and it worked like a charm.

Rochelle
    06-02-09 07:21 AM
    the hybrid is better than the orignal .148
    That's an opinion. It might be, maybe not. I tried a couple with .141 and I didn't think it worked any better then .122. I do think it was better then .141.
    06-02-09 07:21 AM
    I had no problems. My only gripe was the download via the wireless upgrade option took about 1.5 hours.
    06-02-09 08:08 AM
    upgraded via DM
    perfectly flawless
    took 30 minutes, if even that
    06-02-09 09:42 AM
    Upgraded two storms; first one no problem and second one had to do a restore (but no problem). Used DM.
    06-02-09 09:49 AM
    Upgraded last night from 141 hybrid through Blackberry.com

Worked great, even though I had to open a second app loader window for it to actually complete the download. Everything went smoothly.

At startup on 141, I had around 43 megs. Now on the 148, I boot around 54 megs. So I gained a little app memory as well....
    06-02-09 10:23 AM
    I upgraded on Sunday and boy was it a pain in the @ss. I kept getting messages saying I didn't have enough memory to complete dload or that my Battery was to low to complete upgrade. I wasn't at home so you can imagine my frustration of deleting apps one after the other and running back and forth to my car to charge... Ugh. Once I got home it was fine though I finally got it to dload all in all it was about an hour to install. Now that its done... Wow! This phone is running superbly. Its fast, no more little annoying loading icon, when I lock my phone it doesn't take 2 minutes to unlock and it allows me to answer phone calls when I get them! Memory is also almost always in the 20's it dipped to 17 yesterday but I honestly wouldn't have noticed as far as performance. The only issue I noticed is that yesterday my phone froze on my keyboard screen and I had to pull my Batt. And once this morning it froze also on the shortcut menu but really the tradeoff is well worth it phone runs great.

06-02-09 10:48 AM
    No problems here. The only hitch was that it stopped at 82% the first time i downloaded it OTA. i cancelled it and restarted the download and it went straight through no problems. I came from .75 and never installed any leaks since i have a Mac.

The good i've noticed so far: Camera is faster to take a picture, The app memory has improved (I start the day off with 45MB instead of 38MB and doesn't drop as far as it used to), navigation is faster over all although i'm sure it will change as time goes on, for some reason they added a phone button on the home screen (i think it's unnecessary), & you cannot relight the screen by pressing it after you lock it and the backlight goes off. you can only relight it by pressing one of the hard buttons (kind of an inconvenience when you just want to quickly see if you have any messages if your light isn't on).

so far that's what i've noticed. i'm sure everyone will have their own different experience.
    lol yeah those were changes from like 3-4 months ago haha.
    06-02-09 10:50 AM
    I upgraded from Bell's 122 to official 148 last night. I don't notice any difference really. Browser speed might be a little faster, but that could be just pyschological.
    Screen rotation / accelerometer seems the same.
    It's not bad, since 122 was a very stable and efficient build. I just don't thing much has changed since then. Not impressed, but not unimpressed either. Lol.

Update reason: Indicated that my version of 122 was an official release from Bell, not a leak.
    06-02-09 10:57 AM
    first update didn't work out very well. Download/install error and VZ replaced my unit. Second try went perfect! No issues (yet).
    06-02-09 12:22 PM
58 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD