Yesterday I had upgraded my phone with the downloaded exe from Verizon for the .148 upgrade and everything seemed to be working properly. I had a slight issue with service books and an email that would not go away. However, I got it fixed when I went to the verizon store. Now today, I had put my phone on the cradle connected to my computer through USB because it needed to be charged. The first thing that seemed strange to me was that about 2 hours before I started charging my phone on the cradle it beeped to let me know the battery was low when I had just looked and there were 3 blocks of battery.

So I started charging it. 2 hours later the phone was only about halfway on one bar. Next thing I know I am browsing the web when the computers starts to ding like a USB is being plugged in or unplugged. I look at my phone and the red status light is lit up. So I undock it and try to turn it on. It attempts to turn on and I get the status indicator in the middle of the screen. Then it will not go past that and actually turns off after that point. I have unseated the battery and reseated it back in and get the same result with the indicator in the center of the screen. Now it will not power back on. Any ideas or similar occurrences? I have only had the phone since November.
    06-03-09 12:20 PM
    does it charge via the wall charger?

try it with a cable and not the cradle.

if there is insufficient power to turn it on, the phone will stay off

Might be that your computer was not sending USB power to the phone?
    06-03-09 12:24 PM
    Yesterday I had upgraded my phone with the downloaded exe from Verizon for the .148 upgrade and everything seemed to be working properly. I had a slight issue with service books and an email that would not go away. However, I got it fixed when I went to the verizon store. Now today, I had put my phone on the cradle connected to my computer through USB because it needed to be charged. The first thing that seemed strange to me was that about 2 hours before I started charging my phone on the cradle it beeped to let me know the battery was low when I had just looked and there were 3 blocks of battery.

So I started charging it. 2 hours later the phone was only about halfway on one bar. Next thing I know I am browsing the web when the computers starts to ding like a USB is being plugged in or unplugged. I look at my phone and the red status light is lit up. So I undock it and try to turn it on. It attempts to turn on and I get the status indicator in the middle of the screen. Then it will not go past that and actually turns off after that point. I have unseated the battery and reseated it back in and get the same result with the indicator in the center of the screen. Now it will not power back on. Any ideas or similar occurrences? I have only had the phone since November.
    Yeah, I saw somebody else report the identical issue and I don't think it's OS related. They had their Storm since you had yours and it seems like his battery just needed to be replaced.

That's horrible for a battery to last only 6 months. I doubt the OS though had anything to do with it, probably just time for replacement.
    06-03-09 12:24 PM
    Yeah, I saw somebody else report the identical issue and I don't think it's OS related. They had their Storm since you had yours and it seems like his battery just needed to be replaced.

That's horrible for a battery to last only 6 months. I doubt the OS though had anything to do with it, probably just time for replacement.
    Seeing how he was trying to charge from the PC I would say try charging from the wall before condemning the battery.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-03-09 12:53 PM
    Seeing how he was trying to charge from the PC I would say try charging from the wall before condemning the battery.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    True, very true. Not the case however with my friend.
    06-03-09 12:56 PM
    I have 4 USB ports on my laptop, however only one of them will charge a blackberry. You should try putting it back on the wall charger. If you want to use the USB cable try the different USB ports and see which one is powered.
    06-03-09 12:57 PM
    Well it appears that the battery was possibly low, I don't know if it's a bad battery yet. I have plugged it back into the cradle and it seems to be charging...fingers crossed...
    06-03-09 01:21 PM
    I have 4 USB ports on my laptop, however only one of them will charge a blackberry. You should try putting it back on the wall charger. If you want to use the USB cable try the different USB ports and see which one is powered.
    You have to go into the device manager on some PC's and turn the power on to the USB port.
    06-03-09 01:25 PM
    Well it appears that the battery was possibly low, I don't know if it's a bad battery yet. I have plugged it back into the cradle and it seems to be charging...fingers crossed...
    One other note, make sure that he lightning bolt is going through the battery as it charges. If there is insufficient power to charge the battery it will pop up and then go away after 2-5 seconds indicating that it is not charging. I have accidentally plugged my phone into my BT charger before and that is the end result.
    06-03-09 01:28 PM
    Well it's taking forever to charge and it's been charging for around 2 hours and its only at 30%. I am thinking that this is a battery problem. However, the device does not seem to be real stable right now for some reason. Random shut downs and restarts.
    06-03-09 04:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD