I have great reception with .148, but it seems to be jumpy. I'll got from full signal to 0 and back and forth quite randomly. I think this may be attributing to my poor battery life. Any body having similar problems?
    05-22-09 01:31 PM
    mine has been doing that since day 1. Although I will admit it does it more with some OS's than others. So far .148 has been pretty consistent as far as signal strength. It could be the coverage in your area because mine is pretty solid till i get to work. Also try pulling your battery cause that re-locks you onto the strongest tower wherever you are.
    05-22-09 01:34 PM
    Yeah i suggest pulling the battery like parks said.
    05-22-09 01:55 PM
    I've already done 2 or 3 battery pulls while on .148 and I still have these fluctuations. Typically it bounces between full and 0-2 bars. It stays on full about 90% of the time though.
    05-22-09 02:18 PM
    This has happened to me on all OS's and other phones (non-'Berry's). Think its a VZW thing.

What I'm experiencing now is the last couple of days I've had times where i lose my EV and i even lost my 1X (but still had EV ). Never had that happen before. I'll prolly drop down to the .132 radio. I don't remember it losin EV.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-22-09 02:24 PM
    im downloading the os right now, but my signal was jumpy with .113>.114>.132>.141 i believe it is a VZW thing because it did it on all my os's
    05-22-09 02:29 PM
    Strange, I'm getting notably stronger and more solid signal since upgrading to .148. I know that doesn't help you...just reporting my findings!
    05-22-09 02:38 PM
    Strange, I'm getting notably stronger and more solid signal since upgrading to .148. I know that doesn't help you...just reporting my findings!
    I am definitely getting a more reliable signal with .148, but my signal meter just seems to be screwy. I will have a 1X connection or even sometimes just D and still have great web browsing. Other times I have full 1XEV and it takes minutes for the simplest pages to load, I hardly ever drop calls regardless of what the meter says. I am starting to think this is either an issue with "the network" or the Storm signal meter is just plain inaccurate.
    05-22-09 02:49 PM
    Unless your actually having connection issues I ignore it......Sometimes I don't think it's real....myabe the phone is connecting to two different base stations, or it just does that when it's doing some type of signaling with the base station....

I have had this happen during downloads and it didn't cause a failure. By the way if you want your downloads to succeed all the time reliably try this fix:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/ha...le-fix-233200/
    05-22-09 04:06 PM
    Dude...this .148 radio is trippin...

Maybe someone else can try this...

Go to manage connections and turn the radio off. See if it actually goes off?!? I lost my EV again and tried turnin the radio off...IT WOULDN'T GO OFF!! The 1X went away but the bars were still there.

I closed out and made a call and it went thru!! WTF?!?

Can someone else try this and see what happens?

05-22-09 04:47 PM
    I was full 1XEV turned off the radio dialed a number pushed send and it asked if I would like to restore the connection because it was off. So no problem here but not exactly like your situation no prior loss of signal.

05-22-09 04:59 PM
    I was full 1XEV turned off the radio dialed a number pushed send and it asked if I would like to restore the connection because it was off. So no problem here but not exactly like your situation no prior loss of signal.

Thanks. So far these .14x radios don't like my Stormie. Looks like I'll be hittin up the ol' .132 again.

05-22-09 05:04 PM
    mine has been doing that since day 1.
    Amen to that!
    05-22-09 05:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD