My co-worker has the Storm and he did the OTA upgrade to .148 last night. Since the upgrade however, he is unable to turn off emails to his handset. We use BES and will turn off Send Email To Handheld in the Email Settings from time to time. Has anyone else seen this issue?
    06-03-09 10:59 AM
    are you referring to firewall options?
    06-03-09 11:02 AM
    are you referring to firewall options?
    No email. If you go into email, go to MENU>Options>Email Settings then look for Send Email to Handheld. If you set it to No, BES email stops pushing to your handset. Set it back to yes and email resumes. It was working until he upgraded to .148. It is set to No right now and he is getting flooded with emails.
    06-03-09 11:06 AM
    hmmm....is that a setting a BES admin can disable maybe?

i'm not on BES so i can't test it.

lemme see what i can find out for ya.
    06-03-09 11:16 AM
    hmmm....is that a setting a BES admin can disable maybe?

i'm not on BES so i can't test it.

lemme see what i can find out for ya.
    That's what I thought but why would the BES admin disable it? It works fine on my Bold and worked fine on his Storm until today.
    06-03-09 11:20 AM
    Has he done any battery pulls since the upgrade. If not, try a couple
    06-03-09 11:23 AM
    after the upgrade on sunday i cannot access outlook access email. i tried to delete and set account but nadda. after set up and trying to send a email it ask to verify password and keeps looping like that. all other yahoo and my local hawaiiantel addresses works fine. called verizon and blackberry and nadda. it was all working fine until sunday. even tried to install web access address on another updated storm and again nadda
    06-03-09 11:28 AM
    after the upgrade on sunday i cannot access outlook access email. i tried to delete and set account but nadda. after set up and trying to send a email it ask to verify password and keeps looping like that. all other yahoo and my local hawaiiantel addresses works fine. called verizon and blackberry and nadda. it was all working fine until sunday. even tried to install web access address on another updated storm and again nadda
    BIS or BES email?
    06-03-09 11:29 AM
    Looks like the BES administrator did do something..... Thanks all for the replies, I'm off to strong arm a free lunch out of him.
    06-03-09 11:32 AM
    that isn't on BIS btw...so i'm curious how i could enable that same setting...i suppose it would be the firewall option, right?
    06-03-09 01:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD