06-08-09 09:52 PM
796 ... 2324252627 ...
tools
    so replace it with something you know or can learn to operate. The storm was not meant for everyone
    Hmmm. I thought it was meant for everyone. I don't recall any marketing disclaimers from VZW indicating that only the most technically proficient should purchase the Storm.
    06-01-09 09:29 AM
    you gotta delete 3rd party apps for it to work

"THis S*&# is NINJA!"
    I didn't delete any 3rd party apps and I have quite a few. When it asked me to delete personal memory data, I checked the memory under options>memory and it was at 3.1. I did my quickpull and it came back up to 16MB, did the upgrade process and it worked fine. After it said it was successfull, did another battery pull and memory sitting at 42MB.
    06-01-09 09:29 AM
    ????????????/HELP?????????????????

by the way anyone hiring right now?
    I think McDonald's is...but you have to speak Spanish

(no offense to anyone who works at McDonald's..if you have a job that is what matters...unless you are being a smart *** to a job provider)
    06-01-09 09:30 AM
    I had mine stuck after 12+ hours so tried this and it worked, see if works for you.

Do a battery pull, start the upgrade download again, the 2nd time for me took 12 minutes!!!!...after the download, it will ask you to delete personal memory (possibly), do a another battery pull to clear up memory. Start the upgrade process and it took 25 minutes for me.
    Same with me. 2nd time it downloaded quickly
    06-01-09 09:31 AM
    Hmmm. I thought it was meant for everyone. I don't recall any marketing disclaimers from VZW indicating that only the most technically proficient should purchase the Storm.
    its meant for people who arent expecting an iphone. so many people on hear complain about things because it doesnt work like an iphone. They have the wrong device, the storm is not the same nor will it ever be like an iphone.

Also, to the part in bold. This is a mini computer really. its not your run of the mill phone. I am not saying "technically proficient" users should be the only ones to own the device but I sure as **** wouldnt recommend it to everyone. its advance and can be very complicated for some people as you can see by the massive amounts of problems with an upgrade. The rants and raves section is filled with people complaining about the phone and most should have never bought the phone to begin with.
    06-01-09 09:38 AM
    I don't like that new upgrade took away the feature of deleting off bb or bb & server too on my emails. Also changed my home screen added some icons and took my email icons away. Desktop manager froze up during restore after upgrade. Tried to restore too retrieve emails and contacts and that froze too.
    06-01-09 09:41 AM
    I don't like that new upgrade took away the feature of deleting off bb or bb & server too on my emails. Also changed my home screen added some icons and took my email icons away. Desktop manager froze up during restore after upgrade. Tried to restore too retrieve emails and contacts and that froze too.
    It kinda surprises me how each phone reacts differently to the upgrade. I did not have any of those issues you list here. I am very pleased with the upgrades as I came from .75 (bes user) and everything just seems snappier.

Did you try doing a clean wipe and redoing the upgrade?
    06-01-09 09:44 AM
    How long before BES admins usually push out the update?
    06-01-09 09:48 AM
    I did my upgrade yesterday.... came right now through my Blackberry manager on the PC. It took quite a while to fully load but when it was done everything was working ok, BUT, I had to do a lot of tweaking to get it back to where I had it.

Overall I'm a happy camper.
    06-01-09 09:51 AM
    How long before BES admins usually push out the update?
    The "funny" part, is I am on BES but I received the poke last night at 7:15PM PST. I didn't get anything pushed to my phone by the BES administrator.

I checked with a few of my co-workers today and they had not received the poke or anything from the BES admin, I had them check for the wireless upgrade and they are all now doing it.

After the upgrade, all my enterprise activation options were still there and I did not have to have it set up again.
    06-01-09 09:52 AM
    Sweet! Turn off image stabilization for the camera and it takes the picture instantly!
    THAT is a good tip! The camera has been one of my biggest frustrations and I tried the image stabilization off with .75 and it didn't help. I might actually be able to take a picture of my grandkids now! The upgrade is running fairly smoothly for me. Nothing startling, although I haven't run through all the menus yet. The full qwerty in landscape made me laugh...I can barely manage it in landscape, let alone those tiny keys. I really don't have a problem just turning the phone sideways and waiting for a few seconds for it to catch up. My main disappointment has been the accelerometer's continued slowness.

I was pleasantly surprised at seamlessly (albeit slowly due to OTA) the upgrade went. I was so grateful to not have so many of the issues I've been reading about here. Whew! It even left my third party apps in place and working for the most part. I'm having a small issue with BerryWeather, but it's totally solvable once I get the activation code again. I'm doing QuickPulls every few hours because of a pretty big memory leak from somewhere that the phone doesn't seem to be reclaiming. I've tried not even opening any third party apps to see if that helps and it doesn't. I'm running the stock theme, so I'm a little confused but I'll keep looking around here and get it figured out.
    06-01-09 09:52 AM
    So I sent an email to my phone with an mp3 attachment.

It prompted to Preview or Download and Play.

I hit preview....NO SOUND!!!!!! I thought this was one of the enhancments of the .148????? .75 DEF had some issues where this was concerned.
    06-01-09 09:55 AM
    ????????????/HELP?????????????????

by the way anyone hiring right now?
    Mine got stuck once. What i did was pause download, did a battery pull, and then when it loaded back up you have an icon where you can resume download. It picked up from there and finished.
    06-01-09 09:56 AM
    Was running .122, never got a message on my phone to update and the OTA option was never available when I would check.
    Started work this morning and nothing through DM so I physically made it check and it would show an option to upgrade but when I would accept that option it would come back and say that upgrade was unnecessary at this time... WTF. Well after a few back outs and retries it finally took. I backed up everything and loaded. It took about 20 +/- minutes to load, then I had to reload all of my backed up files, apps, etc.. Overall pretty simple job. Not that it really concerns me but I can't seem to find the application Center file (odd).
    06-01-09 09:56 AM
    I didn't delete any 3rd party apps and I have quite a few. When it asked me to delete personal memory data, I checked the memory under options>memory and it was at 3.1. I did my quickpull and it came back up to 16MB, did the upgrade process and it worked fine. After it said it was successfull, did another battery pull and memory sitting at 42MB.
    I did the same thing. When it prompted me for this i had like 2 mb, did a battery pull and it went up to 25mb.
    06-01-09 09:58 AM
    Queue the "Price is Right" loser horn...
    LOL. Perfect fit with this video for most of the posts here!

06-01-09 10:02 AM
    Downloading ota and just got a error: Not enough available memory to store downloaded files. Delete 19mb of personal data from device memory and resume..?>???? I really do not have anything extra but calendar and phonebook?
    Thxs
    So far so good..Just veerrryyyy ssssslllllloooooowwwww.

Thanks!
    06-01-09 10:03 AM
    It did not take away those features. Click the link in my sig and resend service books and host routing table. Then come back with any issues that remain.
    06-01-09 10:04 AM
    Ok so just jumping into this (my new appartment hasn't had internet until today) I have been running 0.75 since it came out (I'd rather not mess with other updates just in case) and now I want to upgrade to .148. I have had 0 problems with my storm since day one so I'm not worried much about losing info, but without reading 42 pages of messages I was wondering what the percentage of bricked or phones that lost their contacts were when they upgraded via OTA. Also I know everyone says to just use dm since it has a backup option, but I am on a mac so I'm not sure if I can use it. So in your expert (or close to) opinion, should I risk upgrading without a backup.

Btw, I do have quite a few 3rd party apps on my phone.

EDIT: Also I am running the appleberry classic theme (love this one). Do i need to reinstall this after the update?
    06-01-09 10:08 AM
    This morning I had 38.7 free. I almost cried lol
    06-01-09 10:10 AM
    Ok so just jumping into this (my new appartment hasn't had internet until today) I have been running 0.75 since it came out (I'd rather not mess with other updates just in case) and now I want to upgrade to .148. I have had 0 problems with my storm since day one so I'm not worried much about losing info, but without reading 42 pages of messages I was wondering what the percentage of bricked or phones that lost their contacts were when they upgraded via OTA. Also I know everyone says to just use dm since it has a backup option, but I am on a mac so I'm not sure if I can use it. So in your expert (or close to) opinion, should I risk upgrading without a backup.

Btw, I do have quite a few 3rd party apps on my phone.

EDIT: Also I am running the appleberry classic theme (love this one). Do i need to reinstall this after the update?
    All i can say is from my personal experience. I too came from .75 and had not one issue at all. It does take a while but i just found it easier to do it through the phone then through the DM. Go look at all the posts where people cant figure out problems when doing it through DM. I think you will be fine, once again I had not one issue with the OTA.
    06-01-09 10:12 AM
    I have the leaked version of 148. i need to take my phone in to get it fixed or replaced. do i need to have the offical os? dont want to run into any issues with my warrenty. Thanks for any help.
    06-01-09 10:19 AM
    I just finished reading all 42 pages, and thought I would post good news. I checked for the OTA update around 5PM CT yesterday afternoon. Update was available, so I started it. It took a while to download, but I was expecting that. DL completed by 6, so I started the install. Notified that I needed to clear up 3.6 MB memory, so I deleted some 3rd Party Apps I don't use anyway, and tried again. Update was installed and active by 6:30 PM. Phone reset itself a couple of times, but everything was good after that. Retained all the apps, themes, contacts, everything, without problems. The only issue I've had is the Opera Mini Google search freeze. I rarely use that anyway, so no big deal. Love the forums, and thanks for all the help.
    06-01-09 10:24 AM
    Thanks for the advice. I'm going to attempt an OTA download/install late tonight so it won't be during my prime hours of phone use. Not having a phone for even 3-4 hours is like living in **** for 3-4 hours.
    06-01-09 10:33 AM
    Ok I'm still having issues where the update is availble with the icon and everything but since 10pm yesterday to right now I have not been able to get past after it is submitting upgrade request it says "Upgrade request failed. Try again later or upgrade using blackberry desktop manager on your computer" which I use a mac so I cannot do it this way. I've been trying to delete the update and redownload the update but it isn't happening. I haven't even gotten to all the issues you all seem to be having I can't even get the upgrade. help?
    06-01-09 10:43 AM
796 ... 2324252627 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD