When exactly will Verizon put it on their site for d/l. I have already done the OTA and yeah its fine, but I jumped right back to Lyricidal 148/5.0 05.26.09bld.
    06-01-09 08:46 AM
    When exactly will Verizon put it on their site for d/l. I have already done the OTA and yeah its fine, but I jumped right back to Lyricidal 148/5.0 05.26.09bld.
    I don't think it goes on Verizon's site until June 3rd.
    06-01-09 08:48 AM
    Sweet! Turn off image stabilization for the camera and it takes the picture instantly!
    06-01-09 08:51 AM
    Tuesday i think, but why do you care. You already ran straight 148 on your device and went back to the hybrid?
    06-01-09 08:52 AM
    ok got it both on the wifes storm and mine. hers is perfect and on mine i dont have the browser icon how do i get it back?
    06-01-09 08:54 AM
    ok got it both on the wifes storm and mine. hers is perfect and on mine i dont have the browser icon how do i get it back?
    click link in my sig
    06-01-09 09:02 AM
    Just my input. I bought a Storm on Launch Day and after problems with 3 devices took it back and forced VZW to give me a curve and they did. I just bought another Storm a month ago and although it was better than the first one i had it was still very buggy. I downloaded.148 yesterday OTA, now i was going from .75, and i had no probs whatsoever. This is the Storm i wanted in the first place. I have messed with it for about 6 hours straight and i can't detect much of anything wrong with this upgrade at all. The OTA did take a while but you got to be patient. It backed up all my personal info for me and everything is still there that was on the phone before. Just my 2 cents.
    06-01-09 09:08 AM
    I just downloaded it and I am pissed. Everything is zoomed. My fox news icon looks like garbage. How do i get full qwerty in portrait? My background was zoomed to ******** levels. Now when I change the background I get nothing. I am sorry but I should not have to search all over an internet forum to get my phone working after an OTA update. I have had it with this POS. I don't have the time nor the patience to mess with this garbage.

Oh yeah, and when I get some of the background images up, the resolution is now garbage.
    Last edited by palmberry; 06-01-09 at 09:11 AM.
    06-01-09 09:09 AM
    I just downloaded it and I am pissed. Everything is zoomed. My fox news icon looks like garbage. How do i get full qwerty in portrait? My background was zoomed to ******** levels. Now when I change the background I get nothing. I am sorry but I should not have to search all over an internet forum to get my phone working after an OTA update. I have had it with this POS. I don't have the time nor the patience to mess with this garbage.
    so replace it with something you know or can learn to operate. The storm was not meant for everyone
    06-01-09 09:11 AM
    Good Morning!

I'm doing the OTA upgrade. It said it would take about two hours... well it's been about 2.5 and my screen is still blank and the red light is still blinking... is this bad???
    06-01-09 09:12 AM
    Third time i['m trying to ota 148............VZ, what is wrong with you??!! get me my da*n update that i have been waiting over 6 months for!
    06-01-09 09:12 AM
    so replace it with something you know or can learn to operate. The storm was not meant for everyone
    Is this a joke? Some people own businesses and don't have the time or will to mess with it. I need someone simple minded such as yourself who has all the time in the world to help...but clearly you are unable. The storm was meant for business people, or so that is what everyone here seems to think. I thought the iphone was the kiddy toy?
    06-01-09 09:15 AM
    Is this a joke? Some people own businesses and don't have the time or will to mess with it. I need someone simple minded such as yourself who has all the time in the world to help...but clearly you are unable. The storm was meant for business people, or so that is what everyone here seems to think. I thought the iphone was the kiddy toy?

"CRY ME A RIVER!"
    06-01-09 09:18 AM
    okay, i'm a total BB storm ****, so i have some questions... WTF is OTA? Is there a link or some way i can get 148 through my storm and not the DM? don't bash me too hard for not knowing wtf is going on! thanks
    06-01-09 09:19 AM
    "CRY ME A RIVER!"
    Signed, Geek Squad
    LoL. Get back to work. All of those people need their mocha frappucinos... or is it blockbuster you work at!?

Last edited by palmberry; 06-01-09 at 09:21 AM.
    downloaded my update through wirelss upgrade option, took a while, like 6 hours, hit pause once when it locked, hit resume, hit pause again and hit resume again, it said searching for server then it said connected to server, then finished in like ten minutes. do you want to upgrade or schedule an upgrade? **** yes! upgraded right away and it did not take two hours, more like 30 minutes of no phone but fun to watch it go through the paces. working fine now and looks and feels abit quicker, qwerty in portrait is cool but i have big fingers, there is a phone icon now on my opening screen, switching orientation still looks a bit slow though.. maybe it willl speed up. gonna do a battery pull now that i am good to see if that helps it get on the super fast track...

good luck everyone, and dont rush it... it should happen naturally...LOL
    okay, i'm a total BB storm ****, so i have some questions... WTF is OTA? Is there a link or some way i can get 148 through my storm and not the DM? don't bash me too hard for not knowing wtf is going on! thanks
    Some of these star trek fan boys will bash you for this...but I will be glad to answer: "Over The Air" i.e. you download it directly to your phone

Oh yeah. Go to "Options" , "Advanced Options", then "Wireless Update" and it is self explanatory from there.

Some losers here get on their high horse when you ask particular questions. They are so used to being wrong and looked down on that when there is something they can actually attack someone on they jump on the bandwagon. No need to mind the fodder. Good Luck!
    Last edited by palmberry; 06-01-09 at 09:25 AM.
    06-01-09 09:20 AM
    Downloading ota and just got a error: Not enough available memory to store downloaded files. Delete 19mb of personal data from device memory and resume..?>???? I really do not have anything extra but calendar and phonebook?
    Thxs
    06-01-09 09:24 AM
    its not a joke at all.

You complained about the full qwerty keyboard. Go to options>sceen/keyboard and change the setting then. Like i said, you need to learn to use your phone.

The resolution is the exact same and backgrounds look the same as they did before. Not sure about the "zoom" problem as i have never seen it happen on my device.

Are you trying to access a wallpaper from the memory card while hooked to a computer? that is your issue with the wallpaper not showing up.
    Some of these star trek fan boys will bash you for this...but I will be glad to answer: "Over The Air" i.e. you download it directly to your phone
    sweet! is there a link somewhere?
    Downloading ota and just got a error: Not enough available memory to store downloaded files. Delete 19mb of personal data from device memory and resume..?>???? I really do not have anything extra but calendar and phonebook?
    Thxs
    Try doing a battery pull and then try again.
    06-01-09 09:25 AM
    ????????????/HELP?????????????????

by the way anyone hiring right now?
    06-01-09 09:25 AM
    Try doing a battery pull and then try again.

you gotta delete 3rd party apps for it to work

"THis S*&# is NINJA!"
    06-01-09 09:26 AM
    its not a joke at all.

You complained about the full qwerty keyboard. Go to options>sceen/keyboard and change the setting then. Like i said, you need to learn to use your phone.

The resolution is the exact same and backgrounds look the same as they did before. Not sure about the "zoom" problem as i have never seen it happen on my device.

Are you trying to access a wallpaper from the memory card while hooked to a computer? that is your issue with the wallpaper not showing up.
    I appreciate your help. I am just a little POd right now and the last thing I am looking for is a smart A$$ comment. Sorry for being a ****!

And take my word for it, some of my icons are now zoomed and fuzzy, and my background resolution is horrible. I am going to try to sneak into Verizon when I go to lunch and see if they can help me out.
    06-01-09 09:27 AM
    ????????????/HELP?????????????????

by the way anyone hiring right now?
    I had mine stuck after 12+ hours so tried this and it worked, see if works for you.

Do a battery pull, start the upgrade download again, the 2nd time for me took 12 minutes!!!!...after the download, it will ask you to delete personal memory (possibly), do a another battery pull to clear up memory. Start the upgrade process and it took 25 minutes for me.
    06-01-09 09:28 AM
796 ... 2223242526 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD