I guess It is just me but my signal strength is not near as good and my browser seems to load everything lower. (probably due t the poor signal) I was on .132 before and never had a problem until now.
    05-26-09 09:29 AM
    I just tried this and it works (with .148). All you have to do is open the text message and press the green send button twice and you will be calling the person that sent you the message if they are in your contacts, have not tried with someone that is not in my contacts.
    Not so...It does not work. It only bring ups the number last dialed.
    05-26-09 09:57 AM
    I'm seriously debating going back to .132. My main complaint is the issue with the Media player muting intermittently on track changes.

Seems the issue was resolved with .132, but rebroken with .141 and .148. Fortunately, I can get by with Pandora.
    05-26-09 11:17 AM
    I'm seriously debating going back to .132. My main complaint is the issue with the Media player muting intermittently on track changes.

Seems the issue was resolved with .132, but rebroken with .141 and .148. Fortunately, I can get by with Pandora.
    I have not had that problem and I have been using the media player a lot since I upgraded to .148.
    05-26-09 11:26 AM
    I have not had that problem and I have been using the media player a lot since I upgraded to .148.

Could be me, as I haven't found much documented on these and other forums, but I find it very strange that I didn't have the problem with .132, but versions before and after, it's pretty annoying.

I haven't ruled out the possibility that it's just me, but with the beta version behavior, I did make a certain assumption. Just haven't put in the time and energy to query the community or do more thorough trouble-shooting.

Interesting. Save for some performance issues, this is really the only issue I have with the .148 leaked build.
    05-26-09 12:11 PM

I posted this another thread, but the reason you experience this is because you're no longer on the Now Playing screen when the track changes. If you app switch to something else or lock your device (think stormslider or similar app) then you'll have that issue. The solution for now is to just leave the Now Playing screen your active/focused app and just holster it if need be and you won't have that problem. I know we're supposed to be able to multi-task but honestly we're just not there yet with this device.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-26-09 12:34 PM
    I think 148 is going to fail testing. The fact that the calendar doesn't reload on the restore when upgrading would lead to a lot of mad customers. It's a simple fix (reload the backup through the desktop manager) but I can't see this as being acceptable to VZW.

Personally though, I'm loving .148
    that is a DM issue, not an OS issue...seriously??
    05-26-09 03:07 PM
    Not so...It does not work. It only bring ups the number last dialed.
    if you touch the contact name/phone number at the top,
    and hit the "send" button it WILL call the person, the issue is that if it is a name/contact it won't highlight, you just have to know that you touched it.

also, you can hit the "bb button" it will give you
    call contact
    sms contact
    mms contact
    email contact

etc...
    05-26-09 03:10 PM
    I love it, runs smooth. I hope they make it official, something needs to happen!
    05-26-09 03:14 PM
    I posted this another thread, but the reason you experience this is because you're no longer on the Now Playing screen when the track changes. If you app switch to something else or lock your device (think stormslider or similar app) then you'll have that issue. The solution for now is to just leave the Now Playing screen your active/focused app and just holster it if need be and you won't have that problem. I know we're supposed to be able to multi-task but honestly we're just not there yet with this device.

Interesting observation...I hadn't noticed that. I do have mine connected to our BES with a 10 minute password lock policy.

I still say that it's a bug that needs to be squashed. Seems ridiculous that running in the background would cause the media to mute. If it were an issue relating to the inability to multitask, I would think the player would just stop at the last song played, rather than muting and continuing to play (in my book, that would constitute multitasking).

Incidentally, after reading this, I fired up media player with my BT headset, and after selecting Shuffle songs, the first song was muted as it began. Very strange, but unfortunately I have not been able to get it to reproduce.

I'll have to give this a test, if I decide to go back to .132 (I don't recall the issue with that build).
    05-26-09 04:34 PM
    Its good but lyricidal's stuff is the best
    05-26-09 05:00 PM
    Was running the .148 with .90 radio and had a few issues with my blueant bluetooth headset jacking my phone. Just switched back to the straight .148 and now i don't seem to be able to send emails. I am getting a general send failure message.
    Other than that major problem, it's running very well. I like it....as long as the email starts working......
    05-26-09 05:12 PM
    Was running the .148 with .90 radio and had a few issues with my blueant bluetooth headset jacking my phone. Just switched back to the straight .148 and now i don't seem to be able to send emails. I am getting a general send failure message.
    Other than that major problem, it's running very well. I like it....as long as the email starts working......
    register and re-send service books, should fix the issue

unless i'm misunderstanding the situation.
    05-26-09 05:15 PM
    Interesting observation...I hadn't noticed that. I do have mine connected to our BES with a 10 minute password lock policy.

I still say that it's a bug that needs to be squashed. Seems ridiculous that running in the background would cause the media to mute. If it were an issue relating to the inability to multitask, I would think the player would just stop at the last song played, rather than muting and continuing to play (in my book, that would constitute multitasking).

Incidentally, after reading this, I fired up media player with my BT headset, and after selecting Shuffle songs, the first song was muted as it began. Very strange, but unfortunately I have not been able to get it to reproduce.

I'll have to give this a test, if I decide to go back to .132 (I don't recall the issue with that build).
    Oh. It's definitely an issue that needs to fixed. It's just something I've noticed in every OS I used so far although it's normally that the volume is lower and then you have to press a volume button to get it back. In .148 and I believe someone else mentioned in .141 it started muting. But once I realized it only happens when I'm not on the Now Playing screen I knew what it was. I also notice that in .148 the first track starts out muted too. But like I said once I leave it on the Now Playing screen no more worries.

05-26-09 05:21 PM
    register and re-send service books, should fix the issue

unless i'm misunderstanding the situation.
    I have sent the register now message but am not getting it. I am unable to send service books as when i access my email settings, i receive an error message " Your device had a problem connecting to the server" .....trying another battery pull now.......
    05-26-09 05:30 PM
    I have sent the register now message but am not getting it. I am unable to send service books as when i access my email settings, i receive an error message " Your device had a problem connecting to the server" .....trying another battery pull now.......
    k. PM me so we don't hijack the thread if it doesn't work.
    05-26-09 05:31 PM
    Big problem with low volume on my Jawbone 2 and i re-installed 148 on 3 separate occasions and still very low volume listening to the other party. I don't know if it's just with the Jawbone 2, or any bluetooth, but it's totally unacceptable to me!!!!
    05-26-09 05:39 PM
    i don't use bluetooth very often, i just use the included earbuds for media/calls mostly.
    05-26-09 05:42 PM
    best so far for me as well -- first one I didn't feel I needed a hybrid to make it work... Running stock for now
    05-26-09 05:44 PM
    sorry i need help..lol i run 122 when i try to execute 148 it said err dont find loder.exe...??
    05-26-09 05:52 PM
    .148 is DELICIOUS!!
    05-26-09 05:57 PM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD