i downloaded and installed the .148 official OS on my Storm successfully, no problems at all. then i did my girlfirends storm... well it deleted all her contacts and she doesnt have any email services now. also her "default services" is blank with nothing in it where as mine has my email addresses in it,calendar(CICAL) and Messaging(CMIME).
    Guess my question is, what can i do to fix it. hopefully i can recover her contacts lol
    thanks for your time
    06-03-09 07:42 PM
    click link in my sig

as for contacts, recover from a backup file or sync from outlook
    06-03-09 07:45 PM
    well, as you can guess i didnt back up before i upgraded,i know stupid ***, lol. oh well she is recovering them slowly.
    Howarmat, that link worked perfect thank you!!!!! i appreciate the super speedy help!!!!! the phone still wont let me download attachments, like ringtones now what
    06-03-09 07:53 PM
    06-03-09 07:55 PM
    well, as you can guess i didnt back up before i upgraded,i know stupid ***, lol. oh well she is recovering them slowly.
    Howarmat, that link worked perfect thank you!!!!! i appreciate the super speedy help!!!!! the phone still wont let me download attachments, like ringtones now what
    Before any OS upgrade, DM automatically backs up your contacts. If you did it the same day, the backup file will have a -1 in the file name.
    06-03-09 08:00 PM
    WOOHOO found it just had to open my eyes! lol. thanks everyone for the help i appreciate it so much
    Last edited by lowdwn169; 06-03-09 at 08:11 PM.
    06-03-09 08:03 PM
    i did the upgrade though the link on RIMs website. not OTA. i searched the DM and didnt find anything but ill look a little deeper.
    Just hook her phone up, click on restore in DM and it should open up a folder where the restore files are located. You should see one with just the date for the first phone and another file with the date plus a -1. The -1 is the second backup. Double click, and voila.
    06-03-09 08:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD