Well basically I went to school today and I had 100% battery when I got to school..That was at 7:30am...

I left my phone ON in my locker.. Didn't touch it at all.

At the end of school @ 2:40pm, I get my phone and tap the screen so i can see the screen and all.. nothing... i turn it on. nothing... then i do a battery pull and it doesn't turn on..

so basically the battery drained completely in 7 hours of not even using the phone..

has anyone else had this problem?
    06-03-09 02:33 PM
    06-03-09 02:38 PM
    Now that's funny. I think someone is hinting about "using" the "search" feature.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-03-09 02:43 PM
    06-03-09 02:48 PM
    Well basically I went to school today and I had 100% battery when I got to school..That was at 7:30am...

I left my phone ON in my locker.. Didn't touch it at all.

At the end of school @ 2:40pm, I get my phone and tap the screen so i can see the screen and all.. nothing... i turn it on. nothing... then i do a battery pull and it doesn't turn on..

so basically the battery drained completely in 7 hours of not even using the phone..

has anyone else had this problem?
    No I graduated high school 14 years ago
    06-03-09 02:51 PM
    For some reason I doubt he is the only one. It isn't always and user error or a app program. While my battery problem isn't significant. There IS a difference. He is not the only one. It is mentioned several times through out the forums that a lot of Storms act different from the others. I am very computer knowledge able as well as other electronics. So im not some delusional person and user error type of person. The fact is some peoples phones are experiencing these problems.
    06-03-09 02:54 PM
    LOL CHILL OUT.

geezz..

is there anyway i can fix the issue? like getting a specific file from another OS or something? sorry not too good with this whole OS stuff.
    06-03-09 03:27 PM
    it could be that it is sitting in a metal locker all day and unable to grab a signal so it sits there and trys to find a signal and drains...i have had that happen in the basement at work when it cant find a signal....just my .02
    06-03-09 03:39 PM
    it could be that it is sitting in a metal locker all day and unable to grab a signal so it sits there and trys to find a signal and drains...i have had that happen in the basement at work when it cant find a signal....just my .02
    hmm... maybe. but when i was on .75 i would still have 80-90% left lol.

where my locker is... i dont get signal at all in that whole hallway.. so yeah.

Also did you go to OSU/Univ of Akron? Because those two are real close to me :P..

Akron is actually only like 15 mins from my house..
    06-03-09 04:05 PM
    I think battery life in 148 is actually marginally better than 141, but some of the earlier versions of the OS were much better.
    06-03-09 04:25 PM
    What ones were much better?
    06-03-09 04:25 PM
    I have consistently gotten 1-2 days on all OS revisions. Everyone who just did the update needs to give it a couple days to settle. The first 1-3 days normally have worse life than before you do an upgrade.
    06-03-09 04:39 PM
    hmm... maybe. but when i was on .75 i would still have 80-90% left lol.

where my locker is... i dont get signal at all in that whole hallway.. so yeah.

Also did you go to OSU/Univ of Akron? Because those two are real close to me :P..

Akron is actually only like 15 mins from my house..
    A metal locker will kill your battery.

We do sensitive radio tests by putting phones in to RF isolation box. An RF Isolation box is basically a metal locker.

Yeah you will probably still get a signal in there since your locker is not complete shielded, but you will most likely be causing a huge signal loss causing your phone to turn up it's RF power causing the battery to drain really quick.

If your going to leave it in a locker turn off the radio, no need to leave it on.
    06-03-09 04:47 PM
    For some reason I doubt he is the only one. It isn't always and user error or a app program. While my battery problem isn't significant. There IS a difference. He is not the only one. It is mentioned several times through out the forums that a lot of Storms act different from the others. I am very computer knowledge able as well as other electronics. So im not some delusional person and user error type of person. The fact is some peoples phones are experiencing these problems.
    Wow I guess your not very good at sarcasm huh? Anyway....op learn to use the search the other threads identical to yours have several suggestions about how to fix this problem.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by JNABBOTT; 06-03-09 at 06:46 PM.
    06-03-09 06:22 PM
    At work my signal stength is consistenly around -80 dbm and battery lasts all day without a problem. At home it usually is around -100 dbm, and drains the battery faster.
    06-03-09 06:51 PM
    good point!
    06-03-09 07:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD