well I upgraded to .148 when it came out and did notice that not all of my contacts made it when the DM backed up my phone after the install, all my apps were there so I just plugged in and synced it with outlook and all was restored and good! But yesterday I went to show someone a video I had on my phone and noticed that only 1 of them was on the phone, oh and the babalon a.d. demo. What would cause the memory card to lose all my videos? Is it safe to assume they are lost. I have to check and see if my music is still on there......man do I have to start backing up my memory card now!
    05-27-09 07:57 PM
    the act of installing an OS does not impact the media on your memory card. it had to be something else.

and i back up my memory card all the time, its good practice. i lost all my pix once.
    05-27-09 09:31 PM
    funny it was just the videos, all my pictures and music is still there
    05-28-09 07:36 AM
    Did you see if the videos exist on the card in Windows Explorer? Sometimes media goes missing and you'll have to do a card pull or a battery pull, to get the Media Player to re-index the content. Additionally are you sure that you're videos are fully supported?
    Last edited by pgumby; 05-28-09 at 08:19 AM. Reason: Additional content
    05-28-09 08:03 AM
    yeah, good point. maybe the bbThumbs.dat file got crapped out when you did the OS upgrade?

i suggest deleting those files every you're connected to the PC to prevent issues.
    05-28-09 09:52 AM
    Give it a battery pull and wait 5 mins. This happened to me when I added a new video to my card. It was there but could not be seen by the media player. Shortly after reboot the system scans the memory card and if you try to access your video too quickly it will not have been read by that point.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-28-09 10:03 AM
    well I pulled the card and battery and left it out for a few mins and when I put it back in they were all there
    05-30-09 06:44 PM
    After you change OS versions sometimes it's a good idea to delete all instances of BBThumbs.db off the memory card and let the phone reindex the files in all the folders on it.
    05-30-09 09:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD