05-30-09 04:11 PM
58 123
tools
    Hey everyone,

I really hope I am not the only one who has noticed this, but the locking on the .148 OS is still broken. When I lock the phone using the lock button, the clock spins about half a turn then goes away. After that it wont lock until you touch or click a button. Then, after it locks and fades to black, it pops up and unlocks! This wont be made official. Oh well.

Anyone else seeing it? I have seen this for a few build now.
    05-21-09 10:12 AM
    edit..guess I didnt wait for it to fade enough. It does indeed pop back up. Good thing I use storm slider
    Last edited by Roscopcoletrain; 05-21-09 at 10:17 AM.
    05-21-09 10:14 AM
    Lock is 100% fixed.

Sounds like your borked...
    05-21-09 10:15 AM
    Yep no problems with lock here. What did you upgrade from. Maybe try downgrading to 74 then back to 148.
    05-21-09 10:17 AM
    I came from the official .122 for Bell. It was there, too. I dont use the lock much at all because I have a holster, but come on lol. Doesn't matter too much though...I am setting sail for the Tour in July Just wanted to see if other people are having the issue, which they are apparently.
    05-21-09 10:25 AM
    Are you hitting the Lock/Unlock button a second time while the clock is spinning, thinking that it just isn't locking?
    05-21-09 10:27 AM
    I've been having the same issue. You are not alone my friend!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-21-09 10:28 AM
    Mine is working perfectly fine..

So far I'm loving .148
    05-21-09 10:31 AM
    Are you hitting the Lock/Unlock button a second time while the clock is spinning, thinking that it just isn't locking?
    Nope, not at all. I hit it, let it spin, then touch the screen to make it lock...then it unlocks itself. *sigh* ******* Storm.
    05-21-09 10:32 AM
    I dont get the little clock. Mine locks normally, but as posted above, after it dims, it unlocks.
    05-21-09 10:33 AM
    Mine locks then automatically unlocks after a few seconds

05-21-09 10:33 AM
    My lock works just fine now. Maybe you need to reload the os

05-21-09 10:34 AM
    My lock works just fine now. Maybe you need to reload the os

When I get home I might try totally wiping with JL_Cmdr.
    05-21-09 10:38 AM
    No lock issues here. Came from .122 and had no lock issues there either.
    05-21-09 10:45 AM
    lock is working fine for me also.
    05-21-09 10:47 AM
    When then color me (and a few others) leper. lol
    05-21-09 10:49 AM
    No issues here either. 148 is awesome.

05-21-09 10:51 AM
    My lock is working perfectly, and the fastest of an OS to date. Check your loader files/java folder to see if your net_rim_bb_ribbon_app.cod module is the most recent.

Reload the OS I guess?

Loving .148
    05-21-09 10:51 AM
    In bedside mode I can unlock the screen by clicking it.
    05-21-09 10:53 AM
    .148 completely fixes the lock screen. Anyone who is having problems with it, I cannot understand how that's possible unless you are using a hybrid or you have some kind of third party lock app installed.

What are you talking about when you mention this "spinning clock"? When I hit the lock button, I have my homescreen banner and a little lock icon in the bottom-right corner. I have tried to replicate your (and others', apparently) problem, by hitting the lock button and then doing everything possible to unlock it without hitting the lock button, but nothing unlocks it. To make sure, you're not talking about it unlocking having anything to do with the holster, right?

I think you mentioned that you had this problem on .122 as well. That makes me even more confused. I had no issues with the lock screen except for .141, and I've loaded every OS since .90.

You are sure that you have .148 installed (your about screen says .148)? If so, are you running a hybrid? If not, do you have any third party lock apps installed?
    05-21-09 10:53 AM
    lock works fine for me too.
    05-21-09 10:54 AM
    Works just fine
    05-21-09 10:54 AM
    The way mine has work even before .148 is that if i hit the lock key, sometimes the screen would stay frozen and lit up until i hit a key (i noticed this since i locked my phone in the car for my media player, and about 20 minutes driving down the road i realized the screen hadn't turned off) or rotated the phone and it would actually show it was locked and dim down.

now for .148 its slow to lock sometimes, i usually get the spinning clock and it locks but its not like before.
    05-21-09 10:56 AM
    My lock is working perfectly, and the fastest of an OS to date. Check your loader files/java folder to see if your net_rim_bb_ribbon_app.cod module is the most recent.

Reload the OS I guess?

Loving .148
    hmm, this may be my issue. I did a search for this file and it only lists the java file from .113. Interesting.
    05-21-09 10:57 AM
    .148 completely fixes the lock screen. Anyone who is having problems with it, I cannot understand how that's possible unless you are using a hybrid or you have some kind of third party lock app installed.

What are you talking about when you mention this "spinning clock"? When I hit the lock button, I have my homescreen banner and a little lock icon in the bottom-right corner. I have tried to replicate your (and others', apparently) problem, by hitting the lock button and then doing everything possible to unlock it without hitting the lock button, but nothing unlocks it. To make sure, you're not talking about it unlocking having anything to do with the holster, right?

I think you mentioned that you had this problem on .122 as well. That makes me even more confused. I had no issues with the lock screen except for .141, and I've loaded every OS since .90.

You are sure that you have .148 installed (your about screen says .148)? If so, are you running a hybrid? If not, do you have any third party lock apps installed?
    Yup, pretty sure I know how to install an OS by now Devildrifterx describes it pretty well. I dont get the banner immediately. The clock spins after i hit the lock button, and then nothing happens until I either tap the screen, click it, or click a button.
    05-21-09 11:00 AM
58 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD