Hey everyone,

I really hope I am not the only one who has noticed this, but the locking on the .148 OS is still broken. When I lock the phone using the lock button, the clock spins about half a turn then goes away. After that it wont lock until you touch or click a button. Then, after it locks and fades to black, it pops up and unlocks! This wont be made official. Oh well.

Anyone else seeing it? I have seen this for a few build now.
    i have same problem, I am using .148 w/ Hybrid V6 , it locks but doesnt show it locked untill u touch the screen.. i dunno its weird...
    05-30-09 01:55 PM
    the lock is fixed in the fact that when you click the lock button, it's locked, the screen just doesn't refresh to reflect that...but if you click the screen or any of the keys it will refresh and show "locked"

the thing that IS still broken is the end key...

if your phone is locked, you can hold down the end key for 5 secs or so and it will unlock the screen. prolly not an impact for BES users or people with passwords, but still...
    05-30-09 02:00 PM
    i see my inner child inside you
    05-30-09 02:05 PM
    whats the point of a "lock" button if u can unlock the keypad another way.. ok, its not a major problem i suppose, but still, its silly....
    05-30-09 02:06 PM
    before my upgrade the screen still lit up and would say, screen is locked...
    I miss this function, cos u could see if u had unread messages, emails etc instead of having to unlock ur screen...
    So you're upset that now you have to press a button instead of the screen to see if you have new messages?
    05-30-09 02:44 PM
    Holding the end call button for 5 seconds on my phone unlocks with OS v.122.
    I accidentally reinstalled v.122 via DM when I was just trying to reinstall BB Messenger. :-(

I'm back on v.75 and happily waiting for v.148 to go live. :-)
    Last edited by radojevic; 05-30-09 at 09:00 PM.
    05-30-09 02:45 PM
    looks like it.. haha.... just why make things harder when they were easy to start with...???
    05-30-09 02:47 PM
    looks like it.. haha.... just why make things harder when they were easy to start with...???
    As I said earlier, I believe it was to help with battery issues. If the screen keeps coming on in one's pocket or purse for no reason, it's just draining the batteries.
    05-30-09 03:11 PM
58 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD