mine seems to work fine. I get the clock for about a half-spin on the unlock but the lock button works fine both ways.
    05-21-09 10:05 AM
    Im on .148 and I have storm slider also. I push the lock button clock spins about a 1/4 revolution the screen shows my phone is locked then immediately dims. Stays dim the whole time. If i press one of the 4 hard keys the screen gets bright but still says my screen is locked which it is then the screen dims. Although if I hold the red end key long enough it will manually overide the lock function and unlocks the phone much like the top unlock button.
    05-21-09 10:19 AM
    I think its a storm slider problem. I deleted it, and now my lock works fine.
    05-21-09 12:53 PM
    Lock works fine

Using JL won't do anything

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-21-09 12:57 PM
    I think its a storm slider problem. I deleted it, and now my lock works fine.
    was going to suggest you try this glad you got it figured out.
    05-21-09 12:58 PM
    Im on .148 and I have storm slider also. I push the lock button clock spins about a 1/4 revolution the screen shows my phone is locked then immediately dims. Stays dim the whole time. If i press one of the 4 hard keys the screen gets bright but still says my screen is locked which it is then the screen dims. Although if I hold the red end key long enough it will manually overide the lock function and unlocks the phone much like the top unlock button.
    Holding the end key is normal

05-21-09 12:58 PM
    lock working fine, tried all the buttons and the screen to unlock but i just get the message that tells me the phones locked, also no clock for me when i hit the lock button its basically instant same with unlock very fast, much faster than in previous OS's
    05-21-09 01:00 PM
    Do you have memory cleaning enabled? The only time I used to get a spinning clock when I locked my phone was when memory cleaning was on.
    05-21-09 01:01 PM
    My lock seems to work fine.

05-21-09 01:12 PM
    Do you have memory cleaning enabled? The only time I used to get a spinning clock when I locked my phone was when memory cleaning was on.
    This is true. Mine only does the clock if memory cleaning is enabled but it still works.

05-21-09 01:17 PM
    make sure you dont have multiple os versions installed on your computer.

things like this make me confident that wiping the phone with every new os is more important than people might like to think
    05-21-09 01:27 PM
    .148 completely fixes the lock screen. Anyone who is having problems with it, I cannot understand how that's possible unless you are using a hybrid or you have some kind of third party lock app installed.

What are you talking about when you mention this "spinning clock"? When I hit the lock button, I have my homescreen banner and a little lock icon in the bottom-right corner. I have tried to replicate your (and others', apparently) problem, by hitting the lock button and then doing everything possible to unlock it without hitting the lock button, but nothing unlocks it. To make sure, you're not talking about it unlocking having anything to do with the holster, right?

I think you mentioned that you had this problem on .122 as well. That makes me even more confused. I had no issues with the lock screen except for .141, and I've loaded every OS since .90.

You are sure that you have .148 installed (your about screen says .148)? If so, are you running a hybrid? If not, do you have any third party lock apps installed?
    Ok for those who do not understand the problem......
    here is what happens....
    1. I place phone on table
    2. I press the lock button on the top of the phone
    3. the phone locks
    4. I watch it like a child at christmas presents
    5. After six seconds the phone unlocks
    05-21-09 01:36 PM
    Your problem is clearly stated but it appears the your problem is not OS related but something else. The only OS version that had a significant lock problem was .141.

I would look at something else causing your issue like memory cleaning or a 3rd party application.
    05-21-09 01:48 PM
    Mine works fine. You guys need to reinstall the os. so far i love the new.148 its great. Best one so far. Cant wait for storm 2 though!!!!!
    05-21-09 01:53 PM
    here is what happens....
    3. the phone locks
    Do you use any third party lock app by chance?

Mine works perfectly BTW - best yet - instant lock/unlock.
    05-21-09 02:02 PM
    Lock working fine here...accelorometer is a tad slower than .132 but i can live with it.
    05-21-09 02:06 PM
    yeah your **** is messed up. i hit the lock button and it doesnt unlock until i tap it again. try reinstalling it. i use third party apps but not a lot. i have iheartradio, vlingo, facebook trapster, quick pull, and a few others.
    05-21-09 02:08 PM
    here is what happens....
    3. the phone locks
    Its stormslider or another 3rd party lock that is doing this. I had the same issue, deleted stormslider and it stopped.

Lock works fine in .148 as stated numerous times.
    05-21-09 03:22 PM
    botched install on the PC maybe?

you uninstalled previous builds before doing the upgrade, right?

and the lock issue that was present was that if your phone was unlocked, and you licked using traditional process of "hitting" the "lock button", the phone would lock. then, if you "hit" any of the 4 "physical keys" it would unlock. physical keys being defined as: "send, bb button, clear, end"

your issue is a different issue than what was on .141, and this won't prevent it from being an official....just FYI.
    05-21-09 03:23 PM
    has the problem with the lock function with .141 been fixed???
    Im pretty "bb software" illiterate but just updated mine to .141 this week and only cos my bb desktop told me to and find this lock issue REALLY annoying...!!!!!!!!!
    05-30-09 12:52 PM
    has the problem with the lock function with .141 been fixed???
    Im pretty "bb software" illiterate but just updated mine to .141 this week and only cos my bb desktop told me to and find this lock issue REALLY annoying...!!!!!!!!!
    The lock issue from 141 (any of the 4 hard keys instantly unlock the phone) is fixed with 148, yes.

The lock issue described in this thread (phone unlocks itself several seconds after locking with the hard lock key on the phone) is believed to be related to certain 3rd party lock applications, such as Storm Slider.

If you have Memory Cleaning turned on (in Options | Security), when you lock the phone you will get a spinning hourglass for several seconds, and the screen may not blank out until you click it or one of the hard keys or rotate the screen to landscape. This is normal with Memory Cleaning on, with it turned off the lock is almost instantaneous.

Hope that answers your question.
    05-30-09 01:01 PM
    My problem is with my bb unlocking by touching any of the hard keys... good to know it will be sorted.

Thank you for your help.
    05-30-09 01:06 PM
    only thing i noticed is that when locked and after it fades, if i press the screen it won't light up and say screen is locked anymore like it used to. now thwe screen just stays dark until i unlock it.
    05-30-09 01:24 PM
    only thing i noticed is that when locked and after it fades, if i press the screen it won't light up and say screen is locked anymore like it used to. now thwe screen just stays dark until i unlock it.
    By design, to prevent accidental screen clicks (in your pocket, for example) from lighting up the screen all the time and draining the battery. I think this started around OS 132? can't remember for sure, but it's been that way a few builds and it would seem it was changed deliberately.
    05-30-09 01:27 PM
    before my upgrade the screen still lit up and would say, screen is locked...
    I miss this function, cos u could see if u had unread messages, emails etc instead of having to unlock ur screen...
    05-30-09 01:35 PM
58 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD