Hi,

I have .148/5.0.93 with .90 Radio.... The lock/unlock is so slow ??? Which files control the lock. I would like to put the .132 lock/unlock
    05-23-09 11:25 AM
    Check to see if you have "memory cleaner" set to "on". That will definately make your lock / unlock take some time.

Options > Security Options > Memory Cleaning set it to "disabled" and see if it solves your issue. I would then do a re-boot (or quickpull) and then see how it works.

Cheers!
    05-23-09 11:31 AM
    Stop running hybrids you numbskull. .148 full has a very quick lock/unlock for a change. Run it as a full uncompromized install and then form an opinion. You could always go back to your hybrid if you don't like it.

BTW, your title is WRONG and misleading because you're not running .148, you're running a hybrid of it, which is exhibiting this issue.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-23-09 11:44 AM
    Stop running hybrids you numbskull. .148 full has a very quick lock/unlock for a change. Run it as a full uncompromized install and then form an opinion. You could always go back to your hybrid if you don't like it.

BTW, your title is WRONG and misleading because you're not running .148, you're running a hybrid of it, which is exhibiting this issue.

i've been running hybrids ever since they starting coming out. I can't even remember the last time I had a non-hybrid, and I don't have any sort of problems like that
    05-23-09 11:49 AM
    Hybrids were needed a while back because th code was sucky. Things have improved quite a bit ans some of you should try the full install for a few days to a week before hybriding up the loads. You'd have less problems in the long run.

05-23-09 11:52 AM
    i understand what you're saying as far as hybrids were created because older OS were sucky, but that doesn't mean that having a hybrid now is not a good thing anymore. some of the v5 files are still better than the originals, so why not improve your phone if that's what it does? i had a .141/v5 hybrid and now am running straight .148 and loved both to be honest.

i think to get back on point though, i think starjoy may have given you the answer to your question idfixcomm
    05-23-09 12:00 PM
    Hybrids were needed a while back because th code was sucky. Things have improved quite a bit ans some of you should try the full install for a few days to a week before hybriding up the loads. You'd have less problems in the long run.

Have you tried the 5.0 files?
    05-23-09 12:16 PM
    As i have posted a few times, I tried straight 148 for almost a week, then switched to BBCM's 5.1 with all 141 files switched to 148's, and the rest of the (more stable, older) files left in the hybrid. And although 148 was good, it was slow in a few areas (such as opening and responding to emails and sms's)...Ever since switching to a hybrid, my phone works great!!
    05-23-09 12:25 PM
    i have a question how come if i want my screen to light up say for example my phone is locked and i just wanna see what time it is. when i click the screen it dosent light. i have to click one of the buttons
    05-23-09 12:54 PM
    Have you tried the 5.0 files?
    I've tried several combinations and some of my own. Each one had it's own issues. In the end, after a certain 4.7 release, the use of hybrid files has become kind of a waste in my viewpoint. You gain a bit of speed with some, but loose stability in other areas of the OS as a whole. The bottom line is, for me, running a hybrid does not generate enough of a difference to warrant the combination... it doesn't even fix a lot of the issues in my sticky thread, so again... not worth it in my opinion. A lot of people on here run hybrids and think they are the best thing since sliced bread, but I guarantee you over 50% of them haven't looked close enough into the OS to see if they are really benefiting from them. They take them at face value... which as you've all come to realize, also happens with full releases. (i.e. Everyone loves them and thinks they are great for the first couple of days until they get used to them and then all of a sudden they are slow again.)
    05-23-09 01:03 PM
    i have a question how come if i want my screen to light up say for example my phone is locked and i just wanna see what time it is. when i click the screen it dosent light. i have to click one of the buttons
    They changed that in recent builds so that you don't accidently click the screen when it's locked.
    05-23-09 01:26 PM
    Thanks for your help. I desable the memory clean

05-23-09 10:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD