How is this thread 4 pages??? It should have ended with one reply...
    no you have it all wrong. It takes multiple answers to the same question thats been asked way to many times for them to understand and even then they dont really seem to get it.
    05-30-09 11:01 PM
    Not to beat a dead horse, because obviously people that know what they are talking about have said it will be exactly the same, but I am running .148 right now, and according to the list of improvements that got forwarded to me one of the things is a call lock much like the Screenlock app but built into the OS. My .148 does not have this feature that I am aware of. Just wanted to put that out there. Might have been bad info but came from my best friend whom owns 5 Blackberry Exclusive stores and was sent to him directly from RIM.
    05-30-09 11:13 PM
    FYI: In your "this is my rifle" quote in your sig, it says "There are many like, but this one is MINE"

No comment on the possibility that since Don N. said the beta may have crippled or disabled features, it may actually have crippled or disabled features? Here's the link to his leak. Check out the "os diclaimer." http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/le...9530-a-231483/

Sure is difficult to have a thoughtful discussion in here. Everyone seems to have smoked the same crack, and doesn't want to hear any alternative viewpoints.

no you have it all wrong. It takes multiple answers to the same question thats been asked way to many times for them to understand and even then they dont really seem to get it.
    05-30-09 11:13 PM
    That would be something that would be an added feature, but not necessarily a new version, right? Could the micro edition profile, micro edition media version, etc. listed on the :"About" page be different? Would still be .148 right?

Not to beat a dead horse, because obviously people that know what they are talking about have said it will be exactly the same, but I am running .148 right now, and according to the list of improvements that got forwarded to me one of the things is a call lock much like the Screenlock app but built into the OS. My .148 does not have this feature that I am aware of. Just wanted to put that out there. Might have been bad info but came from my best friend whom owns 5 Blackberry Exclusive stores and was sent to him directly from RIM.
    05-30-09 11:17 PM
    There is no call lock feature.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-30-09 11:21 PM
    is that list on this forum?
    05-30-09 11:21 PM
    FYI: In your "this is my rifle" quote in your sig, it says "There are many like, but this one is MINE"

No comment on the possibility that since Don N. said the beta may have crippled or disabled features, it may actually have crippled or disabled features? Here's the link to his leak. Check out the "os diclaimer." http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/le...9530-a-231483/

Sure is difficult to have a thoughtful discussion in here. Everyone seems to have smoked the same crack, and doesn't want to hear any alternative viewpoints.
    I think you are misinterpreting what is being said there. That is a standard disclaimer that he got from kevin i think. he didnt write that himself.

Anyway, what that means is that RIM might have targeted a specific bug to fix with that build, say a problem with a keyboard. So they rewrite the code for the keyboard and see fix it. Since that was the focus in that build they might have "crippled' the camera functionality for some reason. then once they know the keyboard is fixed they slap it all back together again and it becomes a completely different build with a different version and package number. The statement that you are so hooked on does not mean that VZW 148 will be different from the leaked 148.
    05-30-09 11:27 PM
    is that list on this forum?
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/ju...friend-236583/
    05-30-09 11:28 PM
    I think mwbtown was referring to this in the change log:
    "Enhancements to ensure that features such as speakerphone, mute, etc. are not inadvertently accessed when holding the phone up to the ear."
    Does that not work in the leaked beta? (I'm on 75).
    05-30-09 11:35 PM
    again, there is NO NEED to uninstall/downgrade to .75. if you have .148 on your storm now, then dont do anything.

for the 112412543252345 23 time

148 is 148 is 148

i didnt understand half of what you said but whatever it was was NOT CORRECT.

how can you explain that many people who gets leaked .148 have some plms with their storm ? answer me ? if not, then it is not worth for me to give you straight answer and you do fully know leaked OS is not FULLLLLLLLLYYYYYYY supported by verizon or RIM !! SO DO NOT ANSWER ME BACK !
    05-30-09 11:37 PM
    NO! It will be the same![/QUOTE]

yes leaked and offiical does have little different impact and you go look at all forums in here that lots of people does have a problem with leaked OS on their storm. you cannot link beta and offiical as the same OS because leaked is not supported by any carriers and official is supported by any carriers. sometimes leaked OS have missing files name in it and official does not.
    05-30-09 11:46 PM
    sweet, thx man
    05-30-09 11:50 PM
    Oilersboy, I have no idea what you're smoking, but I don't want any. You don't seem to understand how RIM treats different builds; beta doesn't mean what you imply.

RIM builds version .100, .101, ... .148, ... .2xx etc. RIM sends .148 to the carriers for testing. Verizon starts testing .148. Verizon approves .148 and declares it good enough to go to its customers.

Verizon does not change the OS in that build. If someone leaks out .148 while the carrier is testing, it's the same damn .148 that Verizon "blesses."

And what are these missing file names you're talking about? Or are you just pulling that out of thin air to validate your rants?
    05-30-09 11:53 PM
    how can you explain that many people who gets leaked .148 have some plms with their storm ? answer me ? if not, then it is not worth for me to give you straight answer and you do fully know leaked OS is not FULLLLLLLLLYYYYYYY supported by verizon or RIM !! SO DO NOT ANSWER ME BACK !
    NO! It will be the same!
    yes leaked and offiical does have little different impact and you go look at all forums in here that lots of people does have a problem with leaked OS on their storm. you cannot link beta and offiical as the same OS because leaked is not supported by any carriers and official is supported by any carriers. sometimes leaked OS have missing files name in it and official does not.
    a box of rocks has more intelligence than you i think....
    Last edited by howarmat; 05-30-09 at 11:56 PM.
    05-30-09 11:54 PM
    Don't waste your time guys...he was spouting the same illogic when Bell made .122 official, and is absolutely convinced that .122 has ABSOLUTELY NO BUGS because it's official. All the bugs from the leaked .122 were magically removed by the official stamp. You're not going to convince him.
    05-31-09 12:11 AM
    NO! It will be the same!

people like you keep proving my point. You, for some reason dont believe what someone tells you. Even if the person has the knowledge or knows people that have the knowledge. I bet you wouldnt even believe the CEO of RIM if he told you himself that infact the leaked OS is the SAME as the official one. The only difference is that the big red has given it the seal of approval. They have not changed nothing nor do they have the ability to change anything in an OS from RIM. They just test and approve or not approve the OS. I know I know, Im smoking crack trying to get you to understand this but its worth a shot.
    Last edited by paulwright1; 05-31-09 at 01:38 AM.
    05-31-09 12:14 AM
    It is simple really...

Anybody who doubts the leaked OS is not identical to the official release is free to provide evidence to the contrary. Shouldn't be hard... Show a checksum of the individual files and show discrepancies. Excepting of course the vendor.xml file.

05-31-09 12:25 AM
    It is simple really...

Anybody who doubts the leaked OS is different from the official release is free to provide evidence to the contrary. Shouldn't be hard... Show a checksum of the individual files and show discrepancies. Excepting of course the vendor.xml file.

How dare you try to bring logic or common sense into this discussion!!!
    05-31-09 12:27 AM

10 char

05-31-09 12:30 AM
    this is no place for sarcasim or logic
    05-31-09 01:39 AM
    so is it out yet?
    05-31-09 01:42 AM
    so is it out yet?
    not yet, but you could always download the leaked version
    05-31-09 01:46 AM
    not yet, but you could always download the leaked version
    But it's not official!

Sorry
    05-31-09 01:47 AM
    But it's not official!

Sorry
    I read somewhere that the official was going to be different that the leaked version. Oh wait thats this thread. OOOOPPPSSSS my bad.

sorry, I just couldnt resist
    05-31-09 01:49 AM
    Ok, I'm going to explain this one last time. When a revision is built, it is sent to carriers for certification. Not to be re-written in any way shape or form. If the build does not pass, it does not pass and they move on to the next one. But NO CARRIER RE-WRITES RIM's CODE!! None. The same .148 you can get now is the same as Verizon is release. Just because Verizon releases it doesn't mean it won't have any bugs and will be perfect. Anyways, just wanted to say it one last time before I close this thread.
    05-31-09 07:07 AM
75 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD