that is where you are wrong, it will show in DM but that is because you installed it already. It should "recommend" .75 still
    Howarmat, I get what you are saying but if my phone shows .148 w/pf .181 then why does the loader show it with .203 platform? Again just curious, not argumentative.
    05-30-09 08:54 PM
    that is where you are wrong, it will show in DM but that is because you installed it already. It should "recommend" .75 still
    Howarmat-- we seriously need to step away from this thread, or we are both going to end up having coronaries.
    05-30-09 08:54 PM
    Howarmat, I get what you are saying but if my phone shows .148 w/pf .181 then why does the loader show it with .203 platform? Again just curious, not argumentative.
    .203 is not the platform... it is the release number. Which has been discussed in numerous other threads.
    05-30-09 08:55 PM
    Yeah because you're such a freakin' genius, Schmoopie. And I'm just a moron who's too below your valuable time. Man CB is really a drag, too much arrogance for my ignorant a$$.
    That isn't the issue. I'm not calling you names at all, and I think if you ask anyone on here, they will tell you that I am always helpful and polite. I am getting frustrated because the questions you are asking here have been asked SO MANY TIMES in the other threads about this. Everything I am telling you here, I learned from those other threads! I have never even updated my OS, so you are one step ahead of me in that respect. You have more knowledge about the actual process than I do! The frustration comes from people not reading, and asking the same questions a million times. That's all.

(And my stupid post count doesn't matter one bit to me... there are SO MANY people here on CB who are ACTUAL BB geniuses, and I am not one of them. So please don't assume that I think that way about myself. Thank you.)
    05-30-09 09:04 PM
    if I were verizon users and is using .148 as leaked , have some problem along with it, I would have to use vendor.xml to remove that .148 then go back to . 75 and start over with offiicial release .148 then it will run perfectly fine. same with computers I did with WLM 9.0 beta and it have a minor problems for sometime till microsoft released 9.0 without beta and I did remove beta thing and start over and it does run smoothly ever since
    05-30-09 09:06 PM
    if I were verizon users and is using .148 as leaked , have some problem along with it, I would have to use vendor.xml to remove that .148 then go back to . 75 and start over with offiicial release .148 then it will run perfectly fine. same with computers I did with WLM 9.0 beta and it have a minor problems for sometime till microsoft released 9.0 without beta and I did remove beta thing and start over and it does run smoothly ever since
    again, there is NO NEED to uninstall/downgrade to .75. if you have .148 on your storm now, then dont do anything.

for the 112412543252345 23 time

148 is 148 is 148

i didnt understand half of what you said but whatever it was was NOT CORRECT.
    05-30-09 09:14 PM
    I see that you are completely unaware that the "beta" version of .148 is the EXACT same as what Verizon is going to "officially" release. Just because it's official doesn't mean it's going to work perfectly. And just because it's a beta doesn't mean it's going to work badly. Once RIM submits the build to the carrier, they either accept it or deny it. But they DO NOT MODIFY THE DEVICE SOFTWARE.
    05-30-09 09:15 PM
    The last response by Crucial_Xtreme says it all. Verizon does not mod the operating system so it has to be the same. If it went back to RIM it would be 149 or higher. What else needs to be said.
    05-30-09 09:24 PM
    again, there is NO NEED to uninstall/downgrade to .75. if you have .148 on your storm now, then dont do anything.

for the 112412543252345 23 time

148 is 148 is 148

i didnt understand half of what you said but whatever it was was NOT CORRECT.

your wrong, its only 112412543252345 22 times

no matter how many times you say it there will always be some people that dont believe you, no matter who you are or who you know. Thats just the way it is.
    05-30-09 09:34 PM
    What about features that would have been disabled during the beta and then re-enabled upon official release? That wouldn't necessarily require a version number change, right? If anyone is familiar with Verizon's testing program, maybe he can answer this: Does the software have any type of "debug" mode which could be enabled during a beta period that would use more processing power or memory? If so, that could be a big difference between beta and official, right? And is it possible they could send one version of 148 to one group, and another version to another test group? Now before anyone gets excited and says "if it is a different version and therefore wouldn't be .148," consider this: could Verizon send out a beta with different modules? Like the hybrids? What if they sent 148 with one radio module to test group A, and 148 with another radio module to test group B? Say one member of each test group leaked his version, people download one or the other, both versions say the same 148 in the "About" screen, but the two versions perform differently. I think the "148 is 148" people are over simplifying things (and some of them are kind if rude too). Is it possible the official will be different? I guess we will know tomorrow. QUOTE=Crucial_Xtreme;2686916]I see that you are completely unaware that the "beta" version of .148 is the EXACT same as what Verizon is going to "officially" release. Just because it's official doesn't mean it's going to work perfectly. And just because it's a beta doesn't mean it's going to work badly. Once RIM submits the build to the carrier, they either accept it or deny it. But they DO NOT MODIFY THE DEVICE SOFTWARE.[/QUOTE]

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-30-09 09:41 PM
    And is it possible they could send one version of 148 to one group, and another version to another test group? Now before anyone gets excited and says "if it is a different version and therefore wouldn't be .148," consider this: could Verizon send out a beta with different modules? Like the hybrids? What if they sent 148 with one radio module to test group A, and 148 with another radio module to test group B? Say one member of each test group leaked his version, people download one or the other, both versions say the same 148 in the "About" screen, but the two versions perform differently. I think the "148 is 148" people are over simplifying things (and some of them are kind if rude too). Is it possible the official will be different? I guess we will know tomorrow.

RIM builds the OS... they don't build one OS with two different radio codes. Verizon does not do anything to the OS to change it in anyway, except add the vendor file. That's it. So what you are suggesting here doesn't happen. RIM makes the build, posts it in a place for Verizon to have access to it, Verizon tests it. If Verizon passes it, we get it. It is that simple. Really. You're over thinking it, and over analyzing it.
    05-30-09 09:49 PM
    What about features that would have been disabled during the beta and then re-enabled upon official release? That wouldn't necessarily require a version number change, right? If anyone is familiar with Verizon's testing program, maybe he can answer this: Does the software have any type of "debug" mode which could be enabled during a beta period that would use more processing power or memory? If so, that could be a big difference between beta and official, right? And is it possible they could send one version of 148 to one group, and another version to another test group? Now before anyone gets excited and says "if it is a different version and therefore wouldn't be .148," consider this: could Verizon send out a beta with different modules? Like the hybrids? What if they sent 148 with one radio module to test group A, and 148 with another radio module to test group B? Say one member of each test group leaked his version, people download one or the other, both versions say the same 148 in the "About" screen, but the two versions perform differently. I think the "148 is 148" people are over simplifying things (and some of them are kind if rude too). Is it possible the official will be different? I guess we will know tomorrow.

no, we are not and i will stop there before i get myself banned.
    05-30-09 09:49 PM
    Arrrggghhh.......crucial has said it best. So now, IF anyone still wants to keep posting asking the same question in many different formats I would say this " just wait for the release and THEN ASK questions"
    Hope the Mods close this thread
    05-30-09 09:50 PM
    What about features that would have been disabled during the beta and then re-enabled upon official release? That wouldn't necessarily require a version number change, right? If anyone is familiar with Verizon's testing program, maybe he can answer this: Does the software have any type of "debug" mode which could be enabled during a beta period that would use more processing power or memory? If so, that could be a big difference between beta and official, right? And is it possible they could send one version of 148 to one group, and another version to another test group? Now before anyone gets excited and says "if it is a different version and therefore wouldn't be .148," consider this: could Verizon send out a beta with different modules? Like the hybrids? What if they sent 148 with one radio module to test group A, and 148 with another radio module to test group B? Say one member of each test group leaked his version, people download one or the other, both versions say the same 148 in the "About" screen, but the two versions perform differently. I think the "148 is 148" people are over simplifying things (and some of them are kind if rude too). Is it possible the official will be different? I guess we will know tomorrow. QUOTE=Crucial_Xtreme;2686916]I see that you are completely unaware that the "beta" version of .148 is the EXACT same as what Verizon is going to "officially" release. Just because it's official doesn't mean it's going to work perfectly. And just because it's a beta doesn't mean it's going to work badly. Once RIM submits the build to the carrier, they either accept it or deny it. But they DO NOT MODIFY THE DEVICE SOFTWARE.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com[/quote]

all I have to say is WOW! Ok, not really. Anyways, what part of the explanations that many people on here that do know what they are talking about did you not understand. Im not trying to be rude, but come on really. You think they are just making up things because they want to keep all the good software for themselves. I have an idea, why dont you go ahead and call VZW and ask a rep, maybe you will believe them.
    05-30-09 09:50 PM
    What about features that would have been disabled during the beta and then re-enabled upon official release? That wouldn't necessarily require a version number change, right? If anyone is familiar with Verizon's testing program, maybe he can answer this: Does the software have any type of "debug" mode which could be enabled during a beta period that would use more processing power or memory? If so, that could be a big difference between beta and official, right? And is it possible they could send one version of 148 to one group, and another version to another test group? Now before anyone gets excited and says "if it is a different version and therefore wouldn't be .148," consider this: could Verizon send out a beta with different modules? Like the hybrids? What if they sent 148 with one radio module to test group A, and 148 with another radio module to test group B? Say one member of each test group leaked his version, people download one or the other, both versions say the same 148 in the "About" screen, but the two versions perform differently. I think the "148 is 148" people are over simplifying things (and some of them are kind if rude too). Is it possible the official will be different? I guess we will know tomorrow. QUOTE=Crucial_Xtreme;2686916]I see that you are completely unaware that the "beta" version of .148 is the EXACT same as what Verizon is going to "officially" release. Just because it's official doesn't mean it's going to work perfectly. And just because it's a beta doesn't mean it's going to work badly. Once RIM submits the build to the carrier, they either accept it or deny it. But they DO NOT MODIFY THE DEVICE SOFTWARE.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com[/QUOTE]

NO! It will be the same!
    05-30-09 09:54 PM
    no, we are not and i will stop there before i get myself banned.
    now that was rude
    05-30-09 09:54 PM
    Say you like pepsi..then pepsi becomes the official soft drink of some event or movie theater chain, or whatever. Do you think its going to be different pepsi? Do you think the reinvented the recipie because its going to official? Or is it the same pepsi you drank last week?
    Think about it...

05-30-09 10:02 PM
    Say you like pepsi..then pepsi becomes the official soft drink of some event or movie theater chain, or whatever. Do you think its going to be different pepsi? Do you think the reinvented the recipie because its going to official? Or is it the same pepsi you drank last week?
    Think about it...

No matter how many times or how you try to explain it there will always be people that dont believe you. Thats what makes these threads so fun
    05-30-09 10:05 PM
    Some people just dont get it. they dont wont to get it never will get it....Even when it comes out they will say that its different. The sky is green...type of people.....
    05-30-09 10:08 PM
    so if pepsi = storm, does coke = iphone
    05-30-09 10:13 PM
    so if pepsi = storm, does coke = iphone
    no, i chose pepsi for the analogy, because of the inevitable references to a pharmaceutical had i chose coke..
    05-30-09 10:20 PM
    OK. I'll shut up then. I am probably wrong. I often am. I was just looking at the original .148 leak that Don N. posted, and it said:
    "It is quite normal during operating system development for certain features to be crippled or disabled while others are tested, and these beta builds often reflect that. "
    I thought that was possible since the guy who leaked the last two official upgrades said it, but you guys obviously know more about the process than me.
    05-30-09 10:30 PM
    OK. I'll shut up then. I am probably wrong. I often am. I was just looking at the original .148 leak that Don N. posted, and it said:
    "It is quite normal during operating system development for certain features to be crippled or disabled while others are tested, and these beta builds often reflect that. "
    I thought that was possible since the guy who leaked the last two official upgrades said it, but you guys obviously know more about the process than me.

all I have to say is WOW! Ok, not really. Anyways, what part of the explanations that many people on here that do know what they are talking about did you not understand. Im not trying to be rude, but come on really. You think they are just making up things because they want to keep all the good software for themselves. I have an idea, why dont you go ahead and call VZW and ask a rep, maybe you will believe them.[/QUOTE]
    05-30-09 10:48 PM
    Some people just dont get it. they dont wont to get it never will get it....Even when it comes out they will say that its different. The sky is green...type of people.....
    wait one freakin second....its not green?
    05-30-09 10:58 PM
    How is this thread 4 pages??? It should have ended with one reply...
    05-30-09 10:58 PM
75 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD