I have a question, don't know if its been asked before. If so sorry.

If VZ approves and releases .148, would there be any difference between the official and the leak? For those of us who have installed the .148 leak, should we bother installing the update on our Storms?
    05-28-09 01:58 PM
    The only difference would be the Vendor.xml file. With the beta it is empty and with the official it is not. It does not effect the way the device functions.
    05-28-09 01:59 PM
    .148 is .148. Verizon release just has a different/updated vendor.xml file.
    05-28-09 01:59 PM
    Thanks. I guess no need to get excited if .148 is a go.
    05-28-09 02:10 PM
    I have a question, don't know if its been asked before. If so sorry.

If VZ approves and releases .148, would there be any difference between the official and the leak? For those of us who have installed the .148 leak, should we bother installing the update on our Storms?
    Actually, that was pretty good question dude.
    05-28-09 02:17 PM
    The only difference would be the Vendor.xml file. With the beta it is empty and with the official it is not. It does not effect the way the device functions.
    I thought that the leaked versions had different functions possibly disabled for testing... that was one of the warnings I remember reading about the different versions.

Could the official version just be tweaked some?
    05-30-09 07:28 PM
    I thought that the leaked versions had different functions possibly disabled for testing... that was one of the warnings I remember reading about the different versions.

Could the official version just be tweaked some?
    No. It is the same as the one already leaked.
    05-30-09 07:29 PM
    We all just have to find out tomorrow
    05-30-09 07:44 PM
    We all just have to find out tomorrow
    I agree. While I understand that most of these guys know what they are talking about much more than I would, how do they KNOW? I remember reading a disclaimer as well that said some of the OSs that were available for download may have some things disabled. Who is to say that VZW thought .141 was crap and said "okay .148 is what we want except for this one issue"..?

It COULD happen.

My main question is how do those that say for certain that it is exactly the same KNOW for certain that it is? Or is that just a confident statement based on past OS updates?
    05-30-09 08:11 PM
    I agree. While I understand that most of these guys know what they are talking about much more than I would, how do they KNOW? I remember reading a disclaimer as well that said some of the OSs that were available for download may have some things disabled. Who is to say that VZW thought .141 was crap and said "okay .148 is what we want except for this one issue"..?

It COULD happen.

My main question is how do those that say for certain that it is exactly the same KNOW for certain that it is? Or is that just a confident statement based on past OS updates?
    If they made ANY changes, it would have a different build number. That is just the way it is.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-30-09 08:18 PM
    Who is to say that VZW thought .141 was crap and said "okay .148 is what we want except for this one issue"..
    Then Verizon tells RIM to fix that one issue. If RIM makes any changes, then the result will be a new version. It won't be .148 anymore. Understand?

Network companies (e.g., Verizon, Telus, Bell) do not change the OS, sans the vendor.xml file.
    05-30-09 08:18 PM
    Doesn't Verizon also put in their branded App Center (was in 75 official but no leaks; just a generic one) as well as DocumentsToGo?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-30-09 08:21 PM
    If you want to find out for yourself, go to BlackBerry - Update your Device Software and download it cuz it's right there on the site now. Don't know why it's available but it is.
    05-30-09 08:23 PM

It COULD happen.

It's real easy, if Crucial_Xtreme says it, you can take it to the bank as gospel!
    05-30-09 08:24 PM
    If you want to find out for yourself, go to BlackBerry - Update your Device Software and download it cuz it's right there on the site now. Don't know why it's available but it is.
    you fail...
    05-30-09 08:25 PM
    you fail...
    And why is that Oh Brilliant One?
    05-30-09 08:26 PM
    And why is that Oh Brilliant One?
    because any "official" download would still be .75 right now

BlackBerry® Software Updates

MR1 still it what i show
    05-30-09 08:37 PM
    Yeah, still MR1, .75
    05-30-09 08:40 PM
    because any "official" download would still be .75 right now

BlackBerry® Software Updates

MR1 still it what i show
    Are you saying because the .148 w/ platform .203 that I'm lookin at on the site I listed above is not official because it's not coming from Verizon, or are you not seeing the same thing I am? Curious is all.
    Last edited by mikenbekah; 05-30-09 at 08:47 PM.
    05-30-09 08:42 PM
    It's the same, it's not tweaked, changed etc. If .148 is leaked to us and Verizon approves it, why in the world would it be different. I'm not being rude but if something works, why change?
    05-30-09 08:47 PM
    Are you saying because the .148 w/ platform .203 that I'm lookin at on the site I listed above is not official because it's not coming from Verizon, or are you not seeing the same thing I am? Curious is all.
    When I use your link, all it does is redirect me to Verizon's website, which is still showing .75. Verizon's website will not show .148 until tomorrow.
    05-30-09 08:48 PM
    I could be confused because I am running .148 w/ platform .181 so I assumed that the update option in the loader was the new official, but maybe it just reads it as such.
    05-30-09 08:50 PM
    you dont see 148 is what we are trying to tell you, its not available until tomorrow
    05-30-09 08:50 PM
    When I use your link, all it does is redirect me to Verizon's website, which is still showing .75. Verizon's website will not show .148 until tomorrow.
    Do you plug your phone in first, then hit the "Check for Updates" button?
    05-30-09 08:51 PM
    I could be confused because I am running .148 w/ platform .181 so I assumed that the update option in the loader was the new official, but maybe it just reads it as such.
    that is where you are wrong, it will show in DM but that is because you installed it already. It should "recommend" .75 still
    05-30-09 08:51 PM
75 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD