I'm thinking of wiping the phone and doing a fresh install secondary to the phone just not acting as fast as others claim. I have no themes and have deleted berryweather thinking that was the problem. I don't have many apps..maybe 8 or 10 tops. Has anyone benefited from a wip?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-01-09 02:14 AM
    Mods please move this to os forum. Thanks

06-01-09 02:21 AM
    I'm thinking of wiping the phone and doing a fresh install secondary to the phone just not acting as fast as others claim. I have no themes and have deleted berryweather thinking that was the problem. I don't have many apps..maybe 8 or 10 tops. Has anyone benefited from a wip?

I have never done a wipe and never had any issues. Of your 8-10 apps do you have some that are running in the background? What is your memory like? I would recommend using Shrink-A-OS to get rid all languages and other programs and features you dont use/need.

Also after you installed .148 did you do a few pulls? That will help as well.
    06-01-09 02:57 AM
    Many claim that wipes are unnecessary. I've done it both ways (lol ) and haven't noticed a difference so I'd say just forget it and move on with life.

06-01-09 03:53 AM
    I've nothing running in the background except for the things we can't get rid of, phone, etc. Oh well... this is my first smart phone, I've been with Verizon for well over 10 years (before they were verizon) and this is just the most troublesome phone I've have..It's a love hate relationship!
    06-01-09 10:33 AM
    I did a wipe last night and didn't really see any improvement. But I did it for the fact I tried to do a radio swap and something went wrong and I wanted to be safe. I'm using Lyricidal's .148 hybrid. What made the difference on mine was shrinking the OS and getting rid of the apps and themes etc that I really don't need/use.
    Another thing that really helped was Memory Up Pro.
    06-01-09 10:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD